• 319 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6009 Players Online
  • 5690 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Regarding our current server issues...

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by DeanTM, Jun 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone!

As some of you might have noticed the Mineplex servers have been experiencing some issues over the last few days, mainly downtime. We are working hard on resolving this issue with our server provider and hope to have our servers back up as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you updated as we get more information and work towards a fix! I will keep this thread updated to the best of my ability as I get information from other sources.

Thanks for understanding!

Posted Jun 17, 2021
  2. A surprise to be sure, but a welcomed one

Posted Jun 18, 2021
    le Brownie and 777 like this.
  3. For everyone's information, here's the details I am aware of, just to give more insight.

Mineplex is based in Chicago and their host provider is INAP. Hypixel is also based in Chicago with the same provider. A few days ago, host providers across Chicago have been receiving multiple ongoing DDOS attacks on their servers, and in order to combat this, they have increased their security. Hypixel has made an emergency shutdown, and declared that the server should be back up by tomorrow. Now, because of this, I am assuming that since both servers share the same provider, Mineplex will be back up as well. So if you're looking for a fair estimate, it seems that INAP should be stable by Sunday, along with the rest of the neighboring providers. Also, this is affecting ALL clients of businesses based in Chicago, not just Minecraft servers and forums using this.

Posted Jun 18, 2021,
    Last edited Jun 19, 2021
    missmasch, le Brownie, 777 and 17 others like this.
  4. thanks for bringing this server back haha i was worried that my close knit community of 30 players wouldn't be able to play the only server they were unbanned on

Posted Jun 19, 2021
    le Brownie and 777 like this.
  5. Now imagine this: an Owner, or the Head of Staff for that matter, publishes a post titled "Regarding our current server issues". But instead of informing about the server's downtime, it discusses major talking points in recent threads that have discussed Mineplex's downfall and gives specific information on the network's direction.

It feels like describing an utopia.

Posted Jun 19, 2021
    missmasch likes this.
  6. great server

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  7. I'm suing.

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  8. goodbye daily streak with carl

man these are the biggest killer of streaks

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  9. Hope it's back up as soon as possible, love the server </3

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  10. Rip man... I have been wondering what was happening. May it rest in peace but let's hope it comes back to us soon!

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  11. I need to link my java account but the servers are down :angryyoda:

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    makw likes this.
  12. Hire devs

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  13. I paid for immortal haven't had the chance to use it. hope I get my week of immortal that i didn't get to use. if Mineplex wants to keep there subscribers i would recommended giving us a week extension that we didn't get to use.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  14. An update from our lovely @AlexTheCoder :

As I'm sure you've noticed by now, Mineplex Java has been down for several days, leaving many of you unable to continue your Carl the Creeper Daily Streaks. We understand many of you have been working on your streaks for years at this point, and we don't want to let some downtime ruin that for you. For this reason, we have spent some time working on a solution, and we're happy to announce that as soon as the servers come back online, everyone's streaks that expired during downtime will have been fully restored! To sweeten the deal even further, a Double XP Event will be active for a week after the servers come back fully online! We hope to see you all back online and enjoying our games as soon as possible

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 21, 2021
  15. is this also the cause for the massive lag spike on Bedrock? It still works, just not very well, and I'm wondering how the 2 issues are related.

Posted Jun 21, 2021
    missmasch likes this.
  16. It's been said in the Mineplex discord that Mineplex Java and Mineplex Bedrock share the same host. Having said that, there was no explanation on why Bedrock didn't go offline the same way that Java did as nobody seems to have any insight on that matter.
    To answer your question simply, yes, the current issues with Mineplex's host did affect Bedrock and cause lag on the platform.

Posted Jun 22, 2021
    missmasch likes this.
  17. what about people who have missed a week of immortal due to downtime?

Posted Jun 22, 2021
  18. Well, javas bach up now!

Posted Jun 22, 2021
  19. Not anymore I don’t think, I can’t seem to connect to the server. Just gives me a “Connection Refused” error.

Posted Jun 22, 2021
  20. Well 85 says there arem500 people playing Java right now, so maybe it's just partially working or something

Posted Jun 22, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.