• 343 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4379 Players Online
  • 4036 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Regarding Mineplex Anti-Cheat

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by TenCashew804211, Mar 7, 2021.

?

Is the Anti-Cheat flawed?

1. Yes.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. No.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Yes, I think the Anti-Cheat should be improved upon.

28 vote(s)
    84.8%
  4. No, I think it's good enough.

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. No (custom) Aka comment why.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I highly doubt I'm the first to bring up this matter but the Anti-Cheat in Mineplex is extremely flawed. I have come across numerous hackers who have blatantly used Slow-falling, Kill-aura, the ability to fly, etc. I think the requirements for someone getting kicked should be much harsher. Just to start, it should not take as long as it does for Mineplex to recognize a hacker. Yes, I understand simply saying it needs to be better is unfair, but in the end it just isn't good enough. I encounter three to four hackers a day and only one throughout my entire time playing on this server has ever been kicked. This is a pressing issue that needs to be addressed, and while I understand things like the lobby issue need to be fixed, it's hard to be excited for that when I can't play a game without encountering a hacker at least once. Due to the lack of Dev time I understand that this might be difficult, but it's hard to be excited to play Skywars when I know at some point I will lose due to a hacker. Thank you for reading this far but I think this needs to be addressed.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  2. I agree with your point. Although the anti-cheat does remove hackers, yesterday I also came across a player who was flying around for multiple games in a row and didn't get banned until a staff member came along. Normally, the hackers get removed pretty quickly but this time it took a while for some reason and Gwen didn't detect them at all.

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Skit, NoNo_ and TenCashew804211 like this.
  3. the anti cheat sucks i'm done this server has gone downhill and i'm treated like trash some guy hitting me like 8 blocks away and flying dosen't get banned for over 3 matches i mean cmon how long does it take for the server to realize that someone killed a team instantly when the game just started is probably hacking? im tired and put up with the bs "oh were sorry and hope this helps hopefully it'll come out the future" where is the updates for bedrock? and the patches? i see no new maps or game modes when in the future?

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    JeffTried and TenCashew804211 like this.
  4. I see your point, and I hate to say this but Mineplex absolutely has seen a fall from grace, and I plan on joining the moderator team because this is the kind of thing I want to make a difference in!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 7, 2021
    JeffTried, Jet Starglaze and NoNo_ like this.
  5. Hey! About your concern, Mineplex recently had an event called Clash of the Cakes, which was a huge success and also brought back a big surprise. Basically, a Dev returned to the team to work on an updated GWEN. It got tested during COTC and caught a ton of closet cheaters, which has become an increasing issue on Mineplex. So expect an update to GWEN in the near future.

-Skit

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and siee like this.
  6. when in the future???? huh??????? 2077?

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  7. i've been waiting for better anti cheat since i joined this server back in 2019

Posted Mar 7, 2021
    Pogchamp 300000 likes this.
  8. Yeah, the anticheat needs a patch quick. But I don't think they will tell us about the anticheat updates, since if they told the public, cheat Devs would be able to tweak their programs to bypass the new anticheat. I feel like even though the anticheat needs to be patched, toolbox hacking is fixed, and it's pretty easy to beat noob hackers who don't know how to turn on fly lol. Use a bow against Ka and anti kb hackers, they can't do anything about it. But yeah I see hackers a lot and it needs to be fixed.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    Kight and Ryan9116 like this.
  9. i am not expeirenced with the bow even so it's so easy to get hacks all you have to do is go on xbox mobile app and link your controller after that on your phone just go to chrome download some hacks and bam join minecraft mineplex and you can hack make many alt accounts and ruin peoples fun

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  10. also don't get started on PC players and cheats

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  11. Lol I can get kicked for “fly hacking” when I jump bridge over middle or any point in CW but that one dude with fly hacks and speed who kills everyone in less then 30 seconds doesn’t.

this is a Bedrock thread major oof

Posted Mar 13, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  12. I think the fact bedrock anti-cheat doesn't even ban when it detects hacks speaks for itself when it comes to proving how flawed it is

Unfortunately the bedrock server never had a dedicated anti-cheat developer as far as I know, so I wouldn't be surprised if the anti-cheat is still using the same code from back when the bedrock, or pocket edition as it was known back then, server initially launched. I can't really see bedrock getting a dedicated anti-cheat dev any time soon either so I suppose the bedrock peeps will have to deal with the anti-cheat not really being good at what it's meant to be doing, unfortunato.

Posted Mar 13, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 13, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  13. Well to be fair, Mineplex was in a much worse state than it was before Gyro came back. Of course the anti-cheat isn't as good as it should be, I think we should still appreciate that we can still play a normal game of skywars without hacked ghasts obliterating everything. Here is an example of how bad the anticheat was before Gyro returned. In case you dont understand what is happening in the video, basically, everyone got kicked for hacking except the hacker. Just goes to show how much the anti-cheat improved. Just saying

Posted Mar 13, 2021
  14. Should be a ban instead of a kick in some games :/

Posted Mar 13, 2021
  15. At this point it should be a ban, since items used to make Gwen think that vanilla players are hacking are no longer obtainable.

Posted Mar 13, 2021
  16. I can agree with you on this one, the Anti cheat does need some work while I can also agree it’s come a long way. Everything can always be improved upon, or else nothing moves forward. Thanks gyro for the work you’ve put in so far continue doing what you are and Mineplex will only get better.

Posted Mar 13, 2021