• 2141 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10579 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Referral Rewards

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Trumbae, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Do you think this should be added?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I was thinking that Mineplex should maybe look into introducing some sort of Referral Rewards system it could work like so,

A player types /referall (name) and the server checks if the user has joined before and if they have already been referred
    If not, once the user joins the player that typed /referall (name) is given 100-150 shards, to prevent exploitation. I think there should be a maximum of 3 referrals a week and have an IP checker which checks the IP of the /referall user and the player that was referred.

Please let me know how you feel about this in the comments, ty.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  2. Hey!
    While this could be a pretty good idea to add, this would probably be very hard to set up.

Players could easily exploit this with a bunch of alts and IP changers, making it unfair for other legit players. Also, would the players who haven't joined yet be sent a notification on Minecraft or would you personally have to send them one?

Overall, this doesn't really seem like a good idea in my opinion since it can be easily exploited and confusing. There are already tons of players on Mineplex, and plenty of other ways to earn Shards. Going to have to be a -1 from me, good idea though!

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  3. What's poppin!

As @TooMuchXMas4You said above this idea would most likely be exploited as players would be able to use alts and any other unfair way to receive rewards. Honestly as well players can receive rewards in a variety of ways currently. End of game loot, level rewards, monthly bonuses, and more. I believe with the current amount of rewards Mineplex offers there isn't really a need for anymore. Sadly I'm going to have to disagree with your idea as it just wouldn't work.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You likes this.
  4. Thanks both for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2019
  5. This idea like the two users above me have stated could be very easily exploited with alternative accounts. Like January34 mentioned there is a ton of ways Mineplex allows you to earn shards like the things mentioned above. I kinda of like the idea of a referral bonus but I don’t think any way of this could work without it being exploited so it’ll be a -1 for me sorry.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  6. I hate it when people get replies like this. There was one original post, then the next 2 really just copied what the first one said. smh. Anyways, the other problem is you can just use that command on random accounts without actually having referred them.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  7. Thread moved to General Idea Discussion

Not sure if it's a great idea to implement referral rewards system. Like what they said above, it could cause exploit and disadvantages towards the system. I'd have to agree January34's response above. You can still earn rewards in a variety of ways. We don't need to add another rewards system, and it's not that difficult for them to earn it.

Overall, I appreciate the idea you have, but I'll have to disagree with the referral rewards. -1

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  8. I’d imagine if this is implemented, it would be only for players who have never joined before. So when a player joins for the time they’d have a certain amount of time to say they were referred by someone.

However, I really don’t think it’s needed for Mineplex just because Mineplex is already an established network with most Minecraft players joining at least once in the past. In my opinion most people would just get their alt accounts on and refer them.. so it’s a -1 from me

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  9. I do have to agree that I don't think this feature would work well with our player base. I don't see very many completely new players online often at all. I feel that if this were to be implemented, it would just be used within friend groups or with alternate accounts to gain shards. I don't think it would be reasonable to develop an IP checker system to work with a command that is simply cosmetic.

The amount of times that our players actually refer someone from, say, another server or something like Discord would likely be very low. This means that the amount of times this command would actually be used to reward a person for referring a completely new person to Mineplex would be low.

I'm very interested in the ideas of adding ways to earn more shards, as well as new uses for gems, but I'm not sure if this is the best idea for our network. -1

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    SpookVegetables and skarm like this.