• 2969 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11407 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Reduce rot speed?

Discussion in 'Micro Battle' started by PapiKirito, May 25, 2019.

?

Do you agree?

1. sure

66.7%
  2. nah (please elaborate)

28.6%
  3. kinda (please elaborate)

4.8%
  1. So I've been getting back into Micro Battles recently and something I've noticed post decay update is that it seems like the map rots a lot faster than it used to crumble.
    Now I know that people think of Micro Battles as a fast paced TDM game, but imo the fast decay kinda ruins the strategies of both worker and archer kit. Archers used to be able to camp and snipe from the roofs and workers could make little bases within the structures, but neither of these styles of play are viable anymore. Nowadays it seems like the only (easiest) way to win is to go fighter and rush. With the rot so quick, if your team dies or for whatever reason it's you vs (x) amount of people, you can't try and stack up on the roof or hide and pick people off, you pretty much have to face them all in a straight up melee. That's why I propose that the rot speed is reduced to about the same time as it took for the map to crumble. The game would still be pretty quick (always has been) and both workers and archers could go back to being equally viable choices when compared to fighter.

Posted May 25, 2019
  2. I play archer and do not find it difficult to use my bow and arrows to my advantage. Yes, Micro Battles is a Mixed Arcade game so it is supposed to be quick. To be blunt, it can get annoying when workers dig under gound and shift so that they have the time to set up a trap for you. Moreover, it does not take much skill to camp on top of towers and snipe people from there. In my opinion, archer and worker kit were far more desired when the map crumbles instead of rots. The faster it forces you to fight, the quicker and more fun the game is. Maybe that is just me, not everybody has the same experiences. I am in favour of the map rotting instead of crumbling.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 25, 2019
  3. The game would be quick either way, even pre-rot it never really went past 5-8 minutes. I also agree that archer and worker were more viable before the rot update, that's precisely why I made this thread: because fighter rushing is now the only meta, creating an imbalance between kit viability. Can't really debate your preference of a melee moshpit, all I can really say there is I disagree. Would also like to point out this thread isn't really to remove rot and go back to crumble, it's to reduce the rot speed back to the crumble rate in order to give archer and worker back their potential.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 25, 2019
  4. Heyo!

I'm natural with this idea. I totally see your point, and on a note I do agree that the map does rot at a fairly quickly pace. However, Micro Battles player base isn't how it used to be. Now you have to rush others, so Micro Battles can have a quick cycle of games going on. Throughout time on Minecraft though players have gotten more aggressive and to some extent, it's fun for some players to go rush other bases.

Players have developed strategies for Micro Battles with the quick rot, and a lot of players enjoy the rot. There were a lot more campers back then, I remember when there was 1 person and another camping, and they were the only two people left. The map took a long time to rot, and it was an extremely boring game to come across.

Overall, I do see where you're going for this. I might change to support if others give good reasoning.

Posted May 25, 2019
  5. Heyo!

I like the speed it is. Micro Battles is one of those games where players tend to camp a lot and I believe if they increase the duration it will cause more players to camp, so in my opinion, I don't believe this will be a good idea.

Posted May 25, 2019
  6. Replies in bold, thanks for the feedback guys!
    --- Post updated

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2019,
    Last edited May 25, 2019
  7. In my opinion, rot rewards camping. I played a game the other day where the campers one the game because as you know the rot takes longer to get up into higher places. So basically he bowed us whilst we ran around trying to avoid the rot, and he won. I think It wouldn't be so bad if mineplex changed the mechanic so it gets to higher places faster, and was a little slower.

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  8. Heyt

I feel the rot system is perfectly fine the way it is right now. Like stated above, players tend to camp in Micro Battles, which isn't good for the game. if we reduce the rot speed, it'll bring even more campers to the game, which we don't want! If there were less campers, I would like the idea of this, however, due to the nature of campers, I'll be giving this a -1. Sorry!

Posted Jun 1, 2019
  9. Yes, a slower rot definitely makes camping easier, but like I mentioned in the OP and other replies, I feel that it is necessary in order to make worker and archer balanced with fighter once more. Also in the anecdote you mentioned, how did you guys lose? The rot hits the buildings before the majority of the island, so it doesn't make sense to me that you guys had to run around avoiding it while he could leisurely sit around shooting. Unless you guys were for some reason just sitting behind the base in the rot, I'm not quite sure how your situation could have unfolded the way you claim.

Don't be sorry lol. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I guess a lot more people are fine with the current system than I imagined. Like I mentioned in my response to Wolfayy, if you consider all camping inherently bad for the game, then that's your preference and I guess that's just a difference in our tastes. Personally though, I find it annoying when my team is bad or dead or whatever and I'm up against an entire team. In the past with a slower rot, I could still try to win by picking them off with traps as worker, or with sniping as archer, but with the rot this fast I pretty much just have to take the L and charge into a 1v3+.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 1, 2019
    Overdog likes this.
  10. Hello!

I definitely agree! After coming back from a long break, I immediately noticed the rotting speed to be very high. I believe we should decrease the rotting speed so that the archers and miners have more time to play and fully utilize their kit.

I actually prefer the old system of the map falling apart! The whole rotting idea seems bizarre and out of place in my opinion.

+1

Overall, reducing the rot speed will balance out the play styles and make strategies other than rushing, more viable.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  11. I think the whole idea of the rot is that it lags the server much less than the crumble did, so that's why they switched it. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2019
    MiladKhan likes this.
  12. We did lose, and yes for some reason the island was completely rotted before it even got to our enemy's tower.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  13. That sounds like a bug then. The way it's set up, the rot encroaches equally from the perimeter, so unless it's bugged all 4 towers would be completely eaten before the inside quarter of each team's square.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2019
    Typr⌨️ likes this.
  14. Probably was.

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  15. Then, as you know, you should submit a bug report at www.mineplex.com/bugs with as much detail as you can provide. It helps a lot!

Posted Jun 2, 2019