• 1291 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5982 Players Online
  • 4691 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Redraw of an Album Cover

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by SuperThePiplup, Mar 16, 2020.

1. So like everyone else I've been locked up inside my house so... I thought I may as well do something I've wanted to do for around a month or so.

This is a redraw of The Weeknd's album for "After Hours" (censored a bit for the forums of course). Hope you all like it! Still trying to process how depth works lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Mar 16, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 16, 2020
  2. (I kinda have to bump this because the image wasn't there before lol)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 16, 2020
  3. Hey! I think it's really cute how you put your own character here, and you pretty much nailed the background! My one piece of critique would be that the highlights on the face look a teensy bit bright considering the slant of the face and the darkness of the neck. The shading of the red makes it really pop nicely though. Nice job!

ps. there's another thing underneath the photo, idk if you meant to do that though. It says [​IMG]

Posted Mar 16, 2020
  4. Yeah, I was trying to emulate the shading on the cover (while also trying to learn depth and how to make things look less flat) and I probably should have dimmed the face just a bit lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 16, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  5. Looks good shading wise, but I think your fundamentals could use a little work. Think about the basic 3D forms of what you're drawing. For example, the brim of the hat doesn't line up with the back of the hat, and the beak should be protruding upwards from this angle.

Posted Mar 16, 2020
    V3riity likes this.
  6. As previously mentioned, I'm still needing to work on understanding depth and where everything would actually be. It's been a bit of a struggle for me for whatever reason.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2020