• 438 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2718 Players Online
  • 2280 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Recording your screen without any downloads

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by danielWuW, May 12, 2019.

1. Hey guys!
    If you want to record your screen, but think that OBS and other recording programs are too hard and too advanced to set up, then this is the right guide for you.

So how you do this is by clicking on ALT + Windows Button + R and you'll start recording your screen. It works perfectly for Windows 10, but I don't know if it works on other Windows versions, but you can check it out.

When you're done with the recording, you can simply stop the recording by clicking on ALT + Windows Button + R again. So, you may be wondering, where do the files end up, and how can I find them? The files end up in C:\Users\(Name of the computer)\Videos\Captures. If you can't find the files, I'll gladly help you with it.

Hope this was helpful! If you have any issues or questions regarding this, just reply to this thread or send me a PM :)

Have a nice day/night, everyone!

- Daniel

Posted May 12, 2019
  2. Heyo! c;

And thank you for publishing this guide! :)

Yep, it appears this is only a feature exclusive to Windows 10. After further research, it also appears that this is called a built-in "Game Bar", and is specifically intended to be for recording games, which sounds good. I hadn't actually heard of this before, so I'm glad to have got new info on this. I think this definitely comes in handy when recording rule-breakers in-game, as you don't have to set up any recording devices for e.g. that purpose. Usually, the situations are fast-paced and you don't even have time to do that aha. However, I think that there are many situations in which this super useful feature can be utilized, whether those situations are related to gathering video evidence of rule-breaking or just normal gameplay video making. Does it also record sounds and microphone, by the way? :o

Posted May 12, 2019
    danielWuW likes this.
  3. Hey there!
    I see a lot of people who don’t know how to get started when recording a video and hence I think that you’ve done a great job at making this guide. Good job!

Posted May 12, 2019
    StephenCries, danielWuW and Kisme like this.
  4. thats alright

Posted May 12, 2019

5. Yes, you can enable your microphone while you're recording! It might be hard to tell here, but when you start recording with the ALT + Windows + R, you can click on the microphone symbol to enable your microphone. If you want, we can do voice chat, so I can show you this more clearly.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 12, 2019
    Kisme likes this.
  6. While Windows Game Bar might not have all of the quality and features of a professional recording software, it still is pretty good, especially for an integrated feature. If you want to open up the full Game Bar, use the macro Win+G. You can choose to take a screenshot, take a clip of what just recently happened, start streaming on XBOX Live, or, as stated above, record your gameplay. I still use this recording tool for all of my reports, it's pretty useful!

Posted May 15, 2019
  7. Well, I can upload videos with a pretty okay fps by recording with Windows, but other professional softwares are obviously better than the Windows recording, yeah.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
    DietSnowLOL likes this.
  8. if you have an Nvidia graphics card I'd recommend using shadowplay which will record your game with a press of a hotkey similar to the way windows game bar works except better framerates. But in a pinch, this is very useful! Nice guide!

Posted May 16, 2019
    danielWuW likes this.

9. Thank you! Yeah, recording with Geforce Experience is much better, but I wanted to tell this to those who haven't access to Geforce Experience, so they could record without any downloads as well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  10. Hey!

Quite interesting and informative thread for those who don't want to download software like OBS or bandicam! I've used the screen recording thingy but I find that it's quite pixelated and unclear, I must not have changed the settings, but I used bandicam anyways. Great thread!

Posted May 16, 2019
    danielWuW likes this.
  11. This is a fantastic guide, and will definitely be helpful for several users. I will try to use this in the future, as OBS and other recording softwares becoming increasingly more difficult to work on my laptop. I have Windows 10, and had no clue about this game bar or its functions.

This guide was informative, and made in a wonderful way that allows it to be eligible to help many others. It’s wonderful to see how you wish to help others and how easily you can do so. Thank you for creating this, and I look forward to seeing more from you soon!

Posted May 16, 2019
    danielWuW likes this.
  12. Thank you! Yeah, the recording is a little pixelated and unclear, but it's a feature from Windows, and this is not for high quality videoes, but it's a nice way to record something quickly without downloading anything.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you so much! Glad I could help you!
    --- Post updated ---
    It is, yeah!

OP OP
  13. honestly would only suggest using this method if you're going to do a short video or you're recording some evidence for a cheater or something, for a longer video or if you're trying to start a youtube channel, the quality of these recordings is no where near the quality that some of the recording software that you can download can offer.

Posted May 16, 2019
  14. You're totally right, and I made this guide because I wanted to share that you don't need to download anything if you're going to record something real quick. If you're starting a YouTube channel, you'll obviously need a better recording software, yeah.

OP OP