• 1507 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8662 Players Online
  • 7155 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Recording closeters

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Blazette, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just curious if this is an efficient way to catch a closeter or not so I don’t waste my time xD

Posted Feb 18, 2021
  2. There is; one of the most effective ways is recording and having the replay mod on hand.
    This gives you the advantage of replaying your session, giving you a better angle, letting you judge the amount of blocks.
    Another way of judging is recording, slowing and looking at the footage thoroughly.

I hope it helped; if you need a recorder: Try NVIDIA Shadowplay (if you have a Nvidia GPU) or OBS.

Posted Feb 18, 2021
    BlondieBrook likes this.
  3. Like Hypixel, they have a replay system that allows you to judge how people play and ultimately determine if they're cheating or not, Replay mod works similarly, I believe it is the most efficient way to catch closet cheaters as you're actively analyzing their movements, decisions, pvp etc. No client is perfect, pursue someone that you think is cheating and eventually you'll catch a moment that proves their deception, that is, if they're actually cheating. Replay mod is included in Badlion Client and is available for forge.

Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 4:48 PM
  4. Howdy there,

As per our report guidelines, using the replay mod to record and submit video evidence for a report is not sufficient and will result in a report being denied.

As for your original question, for the most part, I'd advise not reporting them this way or recording evidence, since almost all closet cheats will only ever be punished via GWEN logs by Quality Assurance. I did have this confirmed by a member of QA, since I feel a lot of people tend to submit a lot of reports like these. The only exception is Modified Knockback.

If you are concerned about someone with reach, autoclicker or something else, you are very welcome to forward your concerns to QA members, but recording evidence wouldn't be necessary for hacks other than modified knockback.

Considering this, I felt it would be good to give you some advice on how to record for Modified Knockback! A huge help to QA is to include ping as it can help eliminate concerns about any lag they could have. Also, take into consideration their kit; for example, the Iron Golem takes slightly reduced knockback and creeper will take none when they are using explode in SSM, or in Champions you have certain kits which include anti-knockback like abilities. As well as this, make sure to get multiple instances of this. It takes considerably more evidence than normal hacks and can be difficult to determine if there are only one or two examples.

With all this said, there is no real need to keep this thread open. This was a good question and I hope my answer has clarified any confusion. You're welcome to message me with any other questions and concerns!

Concern Addressed ➭ Thread Locked

Posted Feb 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM
    Evgeen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.