• 2094 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10532 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Recommend Me a (gaming mouse) please

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by akeyfortyseven, Sep 12, 2019.

?

Which of the two most common minecraft "gaming mice" would you recommend?

1. Logitech g502 and its variants

25.0%
  2. Razer Deathadder/Mamba

75.0%
  1. I started trying to play fps and third person games a while back, and after attempting to try the quick movements of other players I realized I couldn't do them. I also started to try and pvp more often, but I found that I use a lot of the buttons on my mouse and that I cant do multiple things at once, and the mouse tops out at 2 functions at once (i use the side buttons to sprint for bedrock). I started to look for cheap "mouse hacks" that could improve my mouse, such as drilling holes in it or swapping out parts, but I dont quite have the confidence I can do such things successfully. After watching "Rocket Jump Ninja" explain that you need a mouse that suits you and that can keep up, I realized that my mouse is not for gaming. I have a Logitech M705 which was built for office use and after 2 years of nearly daily use for homework and gaming it still has 2/3 of its battery. The mouse is wireless, but doesn't have the "Logitech wireless gaming" performance in Logitech's other high-end mice. Its also heavy for a mouse at a whopping 140 grams. I tried to watch other people's opinions on what mice they like, but I couldn't decide between so many and most reviews on the web are heavily biased towards a specific company. I hope that by asking a large(r) community of gamers that I can find a mouse that checks all the boxes for me.

My hand size: 18 cm from middle finger to base, about 10 cm wide at the widest point. My fingers aren't long, but they are slightly stubbier than my friends of similar length of finger

Grip style: I can do both a claw or palm grip, and I usually adjust to the mouse. When using my dad's longer and not as tall mouse, I use a palm grip, but I use a fingertip grip for my mouse

Wired vs Wireless: I can do either, as long as the wireless has a performance that rivals that of wired mice, a claim logitech puts on its "G" wireless mice that has actually been tested by other youtubers

Price: I'm willing to put down around 59-69 dollars for a really good mouse that will last a while. I want the mouse to be very durable and last at least 3 or more solid years before any problem occurs. I slam my mouse a lot because i constantly lift it up and slam it down when pvping so I won't mind a couple of scratches, but major dents after a year are something i wish to avoid

Game type/purpose: Minecraft pvp, FPS games, I dont need it to be good at productivity applications because I will use the M705 as an extra mouse for that stuff

RGB: I really don't care, but if its wireless and has RGB and it cuts too much battery life it might become an issue

Weight: at most maybe 105 grams

I really just want to find a mouse that the general gamers would use and love

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  2. For me personally, I would get the Logitech G502 wired not wireless because it is built for long term use. I had my Logitech G502 for around 3 years until it finally broke a few weeks ago. That still is a pretty long life in my opinion. The reason why I chose wired and not wireless is that wireless requires a rechargeable battery. I feel that wired mouses are more reliable and have a longer shelf life because wireless battery mouses have less and less battery percentage over time.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired

Pros: Has 3 main side buttons (not including left and right and scroll wheel). I use those 3 main side buttons to clip recordings, optimize, and to a hotkey to my 1 button. It also has a chroma Logitech logo.

Cons: Hard to butterfly click on it, and will need some time to adjust to jitter clicking. It is also heavy if you decide to put weights on it.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  3. yeah ive been reading other forums on other websites and the two most common mice are the Razer Deathadder and the g502, but I just wanna see first what other people say

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 12, 2019
    ethethchan likes this.
  4. Alright! I hope you find your type of mouse!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  5. I mean, should I go with the norm and use a deathadder/mamba or a g502 or should i try some other mice like the Zowie FK2/S2, the g305, and even strange ones like the model o minus or upcoming cooler master m710? Its a tough decision which is why im trying to ask a community

OP OP
  6. I see. I mean it is normal for a reason because it has high ratings, long usage life, and is really reliable. Those are good qualities of something that should be the trend or the norm. That is my opinion though if you like experimenting go for something out of the ordinary. If you want to make a safe decision though, i would go with either a razer or Logitech mouse.

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    akeyfortyseven likes this.
  7. Its just that outside of the minecraft community, these mice are kinda subpar. People say that the g502 is way too heavy and people say that razer synapse is the most torturous software of all time. I guess if these two mice are the most recommended then I guess i have to pick between them. I'll add a poll to get a better see on what is more preferred.

OP OP
    ethethchan likes this.
  8. Alrighty, i guess it is all about preference at this point. Nothing we can do about that haha. I like the feel of a heavy mouse so that i don't easily pick it up while fighting but that must just be me! Anyway this was a fun little discussion!

Posted Sep 12, 2019
    akeyfortyseven likes this.
  9. Personally I would reccomend you the Razer Deathadder Elite. This amazing gaming mouse only goes for around $60 bucks and is really amazing. It's got so many amazing things about it and it's also got a pretty good RGB and feels really good when playing games or just surfing the web.

Posted Sep 13, 2019
  10. Hey!

I would definitely get with the Razer Deathadder Elite. In my opinion, Razer has one of the best gaming mouses. I use a razer mouse and it has definitely helped with my PVP and other games.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  11. razer is a lot better about their build quality and customer service these days, but i've still had several poor experiences with their mice that ended in refunds. my advice? don't waste your time. you'd be much better off with a good logitech or steelseries mouse. the g502, even without any of the weights, is pretty heavy by most people's standards, so i'd recommend the gpro or g403 over it (g402 is also an option if you're dead set on the g502 shape but want a slightly lighter mouse).

if you still want a razer mouse, understand that you'd have to deal with razer synapse, and if that's not enough to convince you to go with a different brand... good luck.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  12. I've personally been using the logitech g305 wireless for about 1 year now. In this time I have never had any issues and have not even had to change the single AA battery once. It has no gimmics or fancy lights just a rock solid gaming mouse. The feel and size is perfect for me, it has 2 extra side buttons as well as a dpi adjustment button for on the fly tuning. Overall I have loved it, and the convenience and aesthetic of having no wires is a big plus for me.

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  13. does anyone have an opinion on zowie mice? ive heard that theyre excellent but i havent heard about anything related to build quality and how long they last

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2019
  14. Hey there!

I've been using the Razer Deathadder for about three years now. I like the mouse, it looks amazing, and it's built well. Its performance is also great, and it's very durable. It fits my hand very comfortably, and it offers very smooth and accurate tracking. If you want a reasonably priced mouse that looks good, performs well and will last you for a long time I would recommend the Razer Deathadder.

Posted Sep 20, 2019