• 1233 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9671 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Rebalancing wolf in SSM

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Glitchy, Aug 24, 2019.

1. So I had a few ideas as to how wolf can be nerfed in smash mobs, tho only one actually hinders it’s stats

Idea 1: reduce wolf armor to leather, now this is because wolf is high damage and has a tiny hitbox (which is only the bulky spot where it’s head meets the rest of its body), I was thinking it should be more vulnerable to damage, especially given the fact it can cub tackle and shred you to bits even as Golem and cow which are mega tanky

Idea 2: longer damage scaling on ravage, so since Ravage goes up to 7.0 damage (diamond sword damage), and is once again tiny as heck, it shouldn’t take such little effort to just rip anyone to pieces, so I was thinking, why not make it take longer to reach 7.0 damage?

Ex: 5.0 (default damage), then 5.5, then 6.5, then 7

Or

Ex 2: 5.0, 5.25, 5.5, 5.75, 6.0 etc.

Of course if ravage took longer to scale to max, wolf’s armor would remain untouched

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  2. Hey there Glitchy!

As a wolf player, I do agree that wolf can be incredibly OP if used correctly. People will complain that wolf is broken, because some people are very good with it and know how to use it extremely well. However, I think that the armour on it is very little compared to a lot of kits - not to mention it doesn't have the quickest regeneration in the game. Wolf has abilities are that are good in close quarters, but wolf is completely useless far away. Therefore, wolf has to tank no matter what, with it's low armour and slow regen.

I manage to kill wolfs taking a fair amount of damage, but depending on a kit such as creeper to use lightning shield once i'm club tackled. There are ways to stop a wolf from getting near you / comboing you, including random jumping, being unpredictable etc. I've found playing wolf that some people are too predictable and I can plan my next attack without them landing a single hit on me!

Overall, I do agree that wolf is one of the best and most OP kits, but I don't think that it's necessary to nerf it's armour or regeneration, or anything similar. It's a -1 from me! :(

-4G0

Posted Aug 24, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 24, 2019
  3. Then you have no reason to be here
    --- Post updated ---
    Also any class can be op if used correctly, I just first timed wolf and won without dying once,

Pros for wolf:

Tiny af hitbox, amazing knockback recovery, fantastic crippling capabilities, high damage, and armor that’s way too good for a small target

Cons: slower regen and minimal range which doesn’t mean poop to it since it can for you to be in range quickly, yeah not many cons at all

explain where that isn’t overpowered

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 25, 2019
  4. i have to disagree with "Also any class can be op if used correctly". That just isn't true. And I have to agree with 4G0 on this one. The ideas you present to nerfing wolf aren't good. Not to say it doesn't need a nerf at all, but your ideas aren't the way to do it.
    The guy even said "Overall, I do agree that wolf is one of the best and most OP kits" in his reply, and then you come out with "explain where that isn’t overpowered" lol.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  5. Wolf’s base stats aren’t something exactly that needs a nerf. What does though, are it’s abilities and double jump.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  6. Note how I said the ability ravage is another route they could take? Seriously that’s the most busted passive on the entire server

OP OP
    PapiKirito likes this.
  7. Wolf’s armor is only slightly below average and it’s regen is average. Its regen is definitely not slow compared to other kits.

That’s mostly irrelevant because of how good it is at closing that distance.

Sorry, it was pretty late and I kinda skipped over it. Ravage actually goes up to 8 damage and does need a nerf. Whether it’s nerfing damage increments, or max bonus damage.

All it’s other abilities plus double jump will probably nerfed too.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    4G0 likes this.
  8. It goes up to 8?! It used to go up to 7

OP OP
  9. Personally I don't really think that the Wolf kit in SSM is that big of an issue. Usually, players don't know how to use the mob and just end up falling off of the map themselves. I can agree with you when someone who mains the wolf mob comes after you. It's a pain, to be honest, and they're so small that it's hard to hit them. I would love it if the armor on the Wolf was reduced down to leather-like you suggested.

Posted Aug 29, 2019
  10. "No, we shouldn't nerf this kit because your average player can't play it right"
    Bad logic. Nerfing armor is also a bad option. Wolf doesn't need a change in its base stats, it needs a change in its abilities.

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Glitchy and PapiKirito like this.
  11. exactly, just because it's trickier for most doesn't mean it's balanced, that's like saying "because character has the ability to deny all movement, super high damage, great mobility and super high defense, but is trickier for most to use, it's balanced"

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 5, 2019