• 3300 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12516 Players Online
  • 9216 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rebalance when?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Mar 23, 2020.

1. The game insights team have ready made a document for changes for ssm and they are going to try to send it to production team and devs. At least thats what I have been told.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  2. Wolf is a legit piece of trash to fight especially when a "good" player is using it. Heck sometimes it's even a pain when some low level scum is using it. Same thing for creeper and horse, the other kits I have a problem with.

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  3. Yes it does, here is a video from my friend's perspective taken just now. (Forgive the audio)

Posted Apr 1, 2020
  4. It never flashes for me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 3, 2020
  5. That's likely due to a setting, maybe particles? I honestly don't know why it doesn't flash but it does normally which is why I think the ability is fine how it is.

Posted Apr 3, 2020
  6. Who tf thinks Spider's WALL CLIMB needs a nerf?!?

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  7. As someone who:
    -Was among the OG community-based SSMGI
    -Was active within GI as a whole for all of 2016
    -Was an Ideas member for 6 months

I can safely say that while individual threads on the forums aren't super accurate, trends are.

If Blaze is complained about a lot on forums, that tends to mean that
    a) A lot of people are playing blaze (for there to be a large number of complaints
    b) Blaze is something people are consistently having an issue with
    ^^ The above also logically feed into each other. Within 48 hours of a patch, you can tell with a very large degree of accuracy which kits are slightly OP and are going to get spammed by players until the next patch

A good game can survive (or even thrive) with imbalance. Super Smash Bros. Melee and Street Fighter 2 are both a great example of this. But having issues with balance usually means that the game isn't as enjoyable as it could be, but the game can still do well if it's really good... and historically SSM has been one of Mineplex's best performing games.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  8. I'm not refuting that a game can survive and thrive with imbalances, and I agree with the examples you've put forth. I do, also, agree that SSM could use some rebalancing updates-- albeit, based off of my minimal time playing the game. My points in that thread were that:
    1) We have systems in place to listen to and process community feedback to games (GI, IT)
    2) Perhaps OP was exaggerating in what he felt needed a nerf.

Allow me to focus on that second point since that seems to be your main point of discrepancy with my post. I fully understand that a wide majority of players have very strong opinions on how SSM should be tweaked and rebalanced, and I agree that if a lot of people are posting threads about the same balances that need to be made then Game Insights should certainly take note. My discrepancy with OP's post was that his criticisms seemed to reach virtually every relatively popular mob, most which I've seen relatively no cries for rebalancing for; frankly, it read as though he was writing that after having a bad losing streak and he wanted everything nerfed. That's mostly why I just reminded him of the GI team's purpose maintaining balance within these games and suggesting that OP had been exaggerating his criticisms of the game.

Posted Apr 10, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  9. Yes they keep it “balanced” by letting creeper sulphur bomb be spammy as hell and dealing crap tons of kb

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2020
  10. 1. Those systems have many faults and there are legitimate grievances with those that players have

2. Ehhh, I see your point on this, but at the same time this thread is definitely one of the more reasonable ones that has a decent number of suggestions, I don't think this was an unreasonable thread by any means.

Posted Apr 11, 2020