• 445 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2529 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Re-skin/different modes of haloween havoc

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by RyanRavioli, Oct 24, 2019.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Could use some work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not sure

50.0%
  1. My favourite games have always been the Halloween/Christmas holiday games, especially the 2018/2019 Halloween havoc. It is such a good game that i suggest it is made available all year round, well not exactly.
    My first thought is a slight re-skin, mainly the town at the beginning, dialogue and the bosses appearance, meaning that this game would no longer be heavily themed but could come back in october.
    My second thought was a time trial mode. If this were to happen a few ideas would be, a leaderboard to see how fast you can do it, which classes where used, how many deaths and anything else (i'm not to creative).
    My last idea was something beyond challenger mode, one where you get special rewards upon completion. The challenges would be something like "Complete it with only one class used," "Everyone needs to get similar damage amounts," or "No weapon abilities,"
    for the last one, ultimates and passives would be allowed.

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  2. Hey!

I do like the idea. The only problem would be how many people would play if it became a normal game. I feel like it could possibly die out and nobody would play the game as much. Since the game is exclusive, more people gravitate towards the game and more players get excited about it.

I don't disagree/wouldn't be opposed to the idea but I don't know if it would be a good idea. +0

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  3. Hello!

Unfortunately I'm going to have to disagree with this idea. I just think that having a re-skin will take away the exclusivity of Halloween Havoc. People should look forward to playing HH or any other event game. People that play this regularly wouldn't get the hype and this removes the whole purpose of why it was introduced. Halloween is a yearly thing, and it should be parallel to this game. Even with the re-skin, it still would be very similar, and I wouldn't see this working out.

I'll be giving this a -1. Thanks for your idea!

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  4. The reason why I think/thought this was a good idea was because I liked the game for its mechanics and creativity, I do understand why you think its a not so great idea and looking at the reasoning, I could agree with it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2019
    Hiccuping likes this.
  5. I love Halloween Havoc as well, but I do not think it would be a good idea to have a "re-skin" of the game available all-year-round. First, Halloween Havoc is quite popular as it is an event game mode. Otherwise, players would get bored of it quite quickly and there would hardly be anyone left to play the game because it is the same story every time. Plus, there are high rewards that are rewarded to players when they complete the game in either difficulty. These rewards encourage players to play the game and hopefully win, whereas a permanent re-skin would lack the same kind of excitement. Because players would most likely get bored of it, I do not think it is worth investing our limited resources into creating such a game.

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  6. Hey!

The thing that makes Halloween Havoc so special and so fun to play is that it's a temporary game. People are waiting every year to play it, and therefore it's always so much fun to play it when it comes. Having this as a permanent game would make the game so much boring after playing it for a while, and people would stop playing it because of this.

I see that you have some ideas that could be a reason to have this game all-year-round, but even though with these changes, it would still take away the excitement of playing Halloween Havoc in October. It is a great game, and I can see why you would like to play this all-year-around, but think about the joy of playing it near Halloween-time. It's very special.

Therefore I will be giving this -1.

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  7. Heyo!

I personally think that a "re-skin" of the game would take away what makes it so special, and really isn't needed. This would take up a lot of unnecessary time, probably would not be played too much, and really isn't needed seeing how frequently event games have been coming and going over the past few years. Every month or a few in between there is usually a holiday game or a special event going on, so I'm not sure why this would be needed or if it would fit in anywhere. These games are always playable in Event servers, though they may not always be played, it is probably the best bet after the holidays end.

For your other ideas, I don't see why these would give special rewards either seeing it is just a repeat of the game. This would take the value away from certain items, and it would need more cosmetics to match with its challenges. Those are definitely unique challenges, but once again I don't really believe they would be needed for a separate game mode, as you can already do most of them on your own.

Overall, I'm going to leave this at a -1 for now, but interesting idea you have brought up here. Maybe the challenges could come along in a future Halloween game, but not as a separate re-skin. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  8. Hey,

I agree that the game is fun and all, but it would need some REALLY serious reworkings in order for people to want to actually play it.

First off, it's going to get repetitive. I'm sure most players have already said this same thing in the thread, but to reiterate, there's a reason this is an event game. Event games come with the same series of events everytime you play no matter what. It's win or lose and there isn't any in-between where certain players can do certain things to make events change. With games like Sky Wars, Survival Games, Cake Wars, and The Bridges you fight others to accomplish a certain goal as well as plan a variety of strategies during the game to plot out your winning via events that occur randomly. Meanwhile in this type of game you're just playing against NPC's where everything is the same.

Second, making this a permanent game would take a ton of work. Reskinning a game like this has been suggested in other ways in the past and I disagree with most of these threads as I don't think the developers are prepared to take on a task that requires so much work for so little reward. This has been the case even with fixing bugs. It's all to make money, and this type of game wouldn't make money.

The last reason I'm going to disagree with you on this is because your challenges don't really work well. Eventually, the challenges would have to be updated as players would get bored of it (along with the game itself). This would be annoying for the people deciding new challenges and for the devs. A leaderboard for games is already implemented, and having the best times for a game are just part of the world record system, so I don't see that working well either.

I don't have much else to say about this, so for the reasons stated above the game just wouldn't work. -1.

Posted Oct 24, 2019