• 245 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2329 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Re add kit levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Liqhts, Jun 7, 2019.

?

Should Mineplex re add kit levels?

1. Yes

83.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  1. Mineplex used to have kit levels, and I think this created a great thing to grind towards and achieve. However, they removed kit levels for some reason. I think they having kit levels for almost every game would make each game have even more to play for, other than wins, achievements, or something else. Kit levels will also give weak kits a chance to be semi decent if they're high leveled.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  2. If I remember correctly, kit levels were actually removed due to the fact of how hard it was to balance them. Honestly, I kind of agree with that decision as well. It was a big advantage for some players over others. An example is skywars. Someone could have a kit to level 100, and someone else with a lower level fights them and the other player win because he has the better-upgraded version of the kit. Caused a lot to be discouraged.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  3. I agree with what @Unfavorited said. BUT we could just bring the level back meaning oh hey you've played spider in SSM this many times and got this many kills. You get level 50! I'd add it back as a milestone or an advantage.

Posted Jun 7, 2019
  4. Herro!

I definitely think that if you want kit levels that have perks back, it should not be added. It left an unbalanced playing field and didn't work out well. However if you're talking about milestones with maybe shard rewards but no perks, I agree. That would be fun, and wouldn't make it unfair for new players.

Either a +1 or -1 depending on your specific idea.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
    Admeen3581 likes this.
  5. The kit perks weren't that big of a difference, and it creates something to play for other than wins

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 13, 2019
  6. I really do want kit levels brought back. You don't really need perks just to make kit levels good. Imo, High levels for a certain kit (Like level 90 magma cube in SSM) show off your expertise and could be good milestones to put in a montage showcasing your achievements.

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  7. Heyo,

I disagree and agree with this idea at the same time. I agree in the sense that it gave players a reason to grind their favorite games to get to the better kit level. I feel like it encouraged a lot of players to get better at their desired game.

I disagree because like @Unfavorited said, it discouraged a lot of players to stop playing. For example, lets say a really good PvP based player is starting to play skywars. The PvPer would get more hits on another player, however that other player would have a higher kit level. Thus causing discouragement and anger in the PvPer.

I feel that Mineplex should try to release the idea again, but this time try their best to make it more balanced. If the idea isn't well liked they should remove it. Just my thoughts.

Have a good day,

Notserp

Posted Jun 13, 2019
  8. Not going to lie, I do miss the kit levels but I understand their departure. Although I would have rathered it be worked on and balanced as it definitely motivated a lot of players to play certain kits and have another way to level things up apart from normal player-levels.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  9. People seem to mix up kit levels and kit upgrades here.
    I would be for the return of kit levels, but not kit upgrades as they were. Kit levels were very simple: the more you played the kit, the more you gained experience with it and the highest the level of your kit was, with a maximum of 100. I believe it was a great indicator of the dedication towards a specific kit or game, as well as a good source of motivation to play! I would be happy to see these back.

As for kit upgrades, I wasn't too much of a fan of them. They surely were cool, but the more you tryharded, the better were the upgrades you received. This meant that a player with an already huge experience in a game who is by default stronger than most people would receive even more boosts than these other people. I feel like this is kinda unfair for these people who don't need extra upgrades to become the strongest!

Nonetheless, there are some upgrades I could be interested to see: ones that don't really affect gameplay. I'll use Block Hunt as an example because it's the game I play the most. Maybe hider kits could receive some upgrades like more meows/fireworks, or another gadget which could be triggered in game for gems (a splash of particles towards them?), as well as better fireworks (more colourful ones/ with different shapes instead of the default round/yellow ones). Infestor could also receive the possibility to switch from a slime to a magma cube of the same size? (I believe when he was still here, TheAule suggested some of this stuff but not as part of kit upgrades, just small little additions to BH!) Upgrades like these surely wouldn't work in every game but there's potential to make some games a bit more fun with slight tweaks more on the cosmetic side of things.

Overall +1 for seeing kit levels back. I would also give a +1 to some kit upgrades as long as they are not the ones we use to have before, and they are more based cosmetic/fun features and not affecting gameplay!

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  10. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion.
    Interesting idea you have here. I have to agree with most of the people above myself when I say, I’m in agreement or disagreement depending on what you’re idea is. If you’re proposing to bring it back as a level to grind for or something you want to reach; like high levels show experience with that kit and prove you know how to use it. That is something I can get behind.

The reason that kit levels were disliked back then were due to the fact that they actually gave an advantage to players for being a higher level. Most people didn’t like that, especially newer players who were getting destroyed against someone who has inexplicably played far longer than them at the game. If it were minor advantages, as Nicodami has stated; such as a few extra fireworks/meows in a kit upgrade on Block Hunt, that’s not so bad.

I can get behind receiving minor rewards for upgrading your kit to a new level, if it doesn’t directly affect gameplay. If it does, I don’t think it’s necesaary nor is it something we should risk. I do wish we could get kit levels back, however, and this will definitely be a +1 from me just the fact that they should be back. How/what (if anything) you receive from the level ups is still up to discussion, in my opinion.

Posted Jun 14, 2019
  11. Bringing kit levels back wouldn't be the best idea. I'll use what I heard a long time ago that speaks for this topic:

You have a low-level, inexperienced player matched up against a high-level, experienced player with equal kits. Most likely, the higher level player will win because they are more skilled in that area.

Now, buffing what the higher level player can do and retaining what the lower level player can do would make the chances of the lower level player winning very close to zero. What is the point in giving the better player even more perks and benefits when they're already more skilled than their opponent? This would essentially break games as lower level players have a low chance of being able to upgrade their own kit.

I'm more for keeping everything fair for all players. Yes, those that worked hard to upgrade their kit spent a lot of time doing so, so they should be rewarded. And yet they are. They already get achievements that have rewards, and in some cases, access to a special kit that only those who get all of the achievements.

I am still all for having kit levels. I have the same viewpoint as @happilycam on this and that is to not directly affect gameplay. This would keep players motivated to play with their favorite kit to upgrade it and receive rewards for doing so. A great way to approach this is certain XP boosters with every time you level up and use the kit. For example:

You have Frosting kit at level 2, so you would receive +1% XP when you play with Frosting. Kits would max out at level 10 to prevent you from receiving a humongous XP boost.

There are many ways to go about this, but if these don't affect gameplay in any sort of way, I'm all for it.

+1 from me if it doesn't affect gameplay

Posted Jun 16, 2019