• 1362 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8326 Players Online
  • 6964 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

rating system

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Ŗýąñ⁹¹¹⁶, Feb 22, 2021.

Tags:
?

is this idea good?

1. yes

45.5%
  2. no

54.5%
  1. imagine someone in cake wars, gets 2k loses and no wins, and then gets a 100 game winstreak. their win/loses is super low, but that doesn't mean they're bad, because they got a super high winstreak. so imagine this:

a new rating system where the highest rating is 100.0 and the lowest rating is 0.0. the rating is basically the probability of the next game being a win (of course the probability is rounded). the lower your rating is, the more rating you'll get if you win a game and the less rating you'll lose if you lose a game. the higher your rating is, the less rating you'll get if you win a game and the more rating you'll lose if you lose a game.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  2. The idea is ok, but I just don't see it as necessary; it would just be something fun that doesn't matter. I know that win streaks are planned to be added, so look out for that.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  3. did you read the whole thing?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 22, 2021
  4. I did, but I don't see the point of having a rating.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  5. This seems like an interesting idea, but I don't think this should be implemented.
    I don't see a need for any rating system to be implemented, especially when /stats (or something similar) is added to the game. Since you will probably be able to see someone's W/L ratio, which gives you a good idea of how skilled they are, this isn't necessary. Although while this subject is brought up, it might be nice to have your W/L percentage calculated and shown along with your stats, just for convenience.

TL;DR Your W/L ratio already is a pretty good reflection of your stats, and this does not need to be added IMO.

Also, if they're losing 2000 games in a row, they're probably not a good player anyway.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    Cloudy Day and yvuggu like this.
  6. Are you suggesting this replaces the existing win/loss stat metric? I suppose I could see the benefit of this should there be something like a ranked mode added to Cake Wars, or a queue system that tries to match players of similar skill levels, but in a vacuum I don't see the point of this.

Conversely, why would this only be added to Cake Wars? If the intent is to give a closer look at a player's recent performance instead of long term performance in a competitive game, then I don't see why only Cake Wars would receive this treatment.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    CloudXYZ15 likes this.
  7. Okay, I would love this! It would make it less stressful to worry about doing poorly one day while making it easy to maintain another. I think the staff should go ahead and add this!

Posted Feb 22, 2021
  8. So like...an elo system? This whole thing seems really unnecessary and too much trouble to calculate along with it not being needed.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    CloudXYZ15 likes this.
  9. Nah an elo system is unnecessary. They're mainly prominent on pvp servers but it just wouldn't make sense on a majorly Arcade-type server.

Stats/leaderboards will be introduced and you know yourself if you are good at the game by seeing how many wins you have compared to losses as well as all your other stats.

Posted Feb 23, 2021
    CloudXYZ15 likes this.
  10. Hello, as the others said, unfortunately I don't think that this is a necessary system. Displaying your number of wins and games played already reflects your skill well enough. I don't really see a need of this, how this would be implemented, and it wouldn't be that useful. I also don't really see how this would be calculated. As mentioned by @yvuggu, win streaks are going to be added, so in terms of getting 100 wins after 2000 losses, I don't think this rating would be that effective. Unfortunately, I will have to give this idea a -1.

Posted Feb 23, 2021