• 1987 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10425 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rant on small skins

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Wolfhawk33, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

1. (Disclaimer: I am fully aware that Mineplex has no control over small skins, this rant is not towards them, it's towards small skins and the people who use them, so please don't reply to this post telling me that Mineplex has no control over the skin, because I know they don't , also, although I sound angry in this post I really do mean what I say, with that being said on to the rant)

So small skins, boy do I hate these things, these skins are unbalanced, they're hard to hit, their armour doesn't show, they can fit into smaller gaps, and they might be faster, they are annoying to play against, and in my rant I will explain how.

1.hard to hit: small skins are extremely hard to hit, but they can hit you easily, not only that but if a small skins manages to get you backed into a corner, you're basically done for, "but the hit box for small skins is the exact same as other skins, you just have to learn to get past it" even if that was true, it would be hard to remember, when you see an Ewok running full speed at you with a diamond sword, even if their hit box was the same, they would still have the psychological advantage, they exploit the fact that players often attack the part that they see.

2.invisble armour: people with small skins have their armour completely hidden, in the original console version, if a player with a small skin was wearing armour you would see it, unfortunately that's not the case for the bedrock version, if I were to show you 2 players wearing a Yoda skin, and one was wearing diamond armour, and one was wearing no armour, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference, this is another psychological advantage, because you don't know what armour they're wearing

3.Small gaps: players with small skins can fit through one block gaps this means that in games like cake wars, they can eat the other team's cake much easier because they have to break less blocks, not only that but they can hide in one block spaces, making harder to find than other, skins

4. Speed: I swear that people with small skins are way faster, they're faster at hitting and they're faster at running, they might even be faster at mining too, and they're speed is often how they're able to surprise players and/or run away from a fight easier, and running after a small skin who's doing parkour, as well as trying to escape from a small skin when you have half health can be an absolute nightmare.

Finally I liked to tackle 2 counter arguments that I might get.

1."but small skins still have the same hit box as other skins" like I said before even if that was the case, they would still have the psychological advantage, if a player gets attacked by a small skin in the heat of the moment, he's going to aim for what he can see

2."but small skins are way weaker than regular size skins" for starters I have reason to believe that this is false, because whenever I get into a fight with a small skin, it feels like they take forever to kill, but even if they were weaker, all of they're advantages would out weigh that.

Ok, so this is the end of my rant, I truly believe everything that I said, if you agree with me then thank you, if you don't then I'll try to have a civil discussion with you, I would like to hear your opinion on my post and on small skins in general.

Posted Sep 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM
  2. They might be Yodas or cute lil' Ewoks, but they're actually servants for the dark side of the Force
    --- Post updated ---
    Next thing you know in the last Star Wars movie Yoda and the Ewoks return and the Empire really were the good guys and Yoda and the Ewoks are messengers of the sith

Posted Sep 10, 2019 at 11:40 PM
    Wolfhawk33 and NothinButNetYT like this.