• 1362 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4219 Players Online
  • 2857 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Ranks

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SuperMonkey22, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Hey guys,
    I have been thinking a lot about ranks lately. Like many others, I started playing mineplex when it first released. Back then, the ranks were very expensive, my own being $60. Now, however, there have been so many large sales that you can buy the ETERNAL,the highest rank, for $30. This is crazy. You can also earn ranks through chests! I am open to people who have paid money for ranks being able to unlock rank upgrades on rare occasions, but the fact that a no-rank can get up to a TITAN rank FOR FREE is unfair:( Tell me what you guys think and lets make a change in mineplex!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  2. If you think about it, if they made it so that players can get the titan rank out of chest openings that basically means they are just doing giveaways of 4 out of the 5 ranks on the server and plus, they need to make some sort of income. If players knew that you can just get titan for free they will most likey wait untill they are lucky enough to get the titan rank from the chest.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  3. Previously there were over 20,000 players. Now, at most 3500.
    That's why they are now low prices.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  4. The reason that the prices have lowered quite substantially over the past few years is to make them more attractive to consumers. Back when Ultra rank was $60 very few players bought it, and Mineplex wasn't making as much money as they would have liked. They worked out that if they lowered the price more people would buy them and they would earn more income to keep the server running. As for the chests, I may be wrong but I believe you can only get rank upgrades from chests, so I don't think players without a rank can get Titan. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not 100% sure. Hope this helped!

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  5. I’m going to have to disagree with you here, the price of ranks has been lowered due to the amount of money your average consumer is willing to spend on a game, and so rather then have one person buy a $120 rank, it’s much more profitable for 10 people to buy a $30 rank. As for ranks being available through chests, the odds of getting a rank from a chest are so astronomically small, that if you were to buy the chests from the shop, it would cost more then just buying the rank, and if you buy the chests with shards, that’s millions and millions of shards, which equates to hundreds of hours of playtime, and if someone plays that long, from a business perspective that’s worth money as well. So overall, I think the way ranks are right now is fine, and doesn’t really need to be changed.

Posted Jun 19, 2019
  6. Hiya!

Players with no rank are still able to find the Titan rank in a Mythical Chest. Ultra and Hero can also skip ranks and find Titan, however, their chances are much lower compared to someone with the Legend rank! :)

Posted Jun 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 19, 2019
  7. I'm not exactly sure what is being suggested here. Increasing prices? Somehow crediting those who bought at a higher price? Prices change over time, and there was not a malicious plan to decrease prices in spite of those who had paid more for a certain rank.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  8. Hiya,
    I just wanted to make a correction, I believe that you can receive Eternal rank from chests. I was a Titan and through a chest I got a free rank up to Eternal.

By default, the chances of getting a rank upgrade from a chest is extremely slim. I'm not sure the exact chance but I remember they released it once a long time ago and it was like 0.01% or something.

Anyway, I think the current system is fine as is because the cheap rank purchases make Mineplex enough money to keep the network running.

Posted Jul 3, 2019