• 756 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3530 Players Online
  • 2774 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ranks..

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TsukuneAono109, Sep 25, 2020.

1. What is the point in having a rank if you can't join full lobbies anymore? Like just having extra shards when you have everything already is pretty useless, personally i got a rank so i'm able to join fully lobbies and play with people i know but now for example in solo ssm, when you have a group of 5 you used to be able to join a solo's lobby and have 5 people in but now you gotta join an mps(if they have a high enough rank) or join a teams game and then wait for some random to join. Like what is the point of having a rank now? most games are hard-capped for a reason, yes. But still most people brought ranks to join full lobbies or and now you've taken that away in most games.... Great customer appeal.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  2. Joining full lobbies only refers to being able to join our main lobbies (Lobby-1 etc). If we were to allow people to join full games (e.g. skywars) then this would create issues where people start inside of eachother, leading to a load of bugs and issues that would degrade both your own playing experience, as well as others.

You're able to join full main lobbies, but not full game lobbies to prevent this. You're welcome to suggest a change on our ideas discussion subforum if you'd like to see this change: https://www.mineplex.com/forums/general-idea-discussion.327/

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  3. if you bought a rank to be able to join full lobbies you could've gotten ultra (or hero) and since its really cheap i don't see the problem in removing a feature

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  4. People also buy ranks for the many cosmetic perks that come with them. It can be frustrating when a nice perk, such as joining full lobbies is taken away, but there's still plenty more that the rank gives you ^^ - there's probably a reason they took that perk away though, now I'm not sure what that reason is but they wouldn't have done it for nothing.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  5. I'm sure that players who bought a rank didn't solely buy it to join full games. There are many cosmetic perks that you gain when buying a rank, which you can find @ mineplex.com/ranks. The perk wasn't taken away. The perk is only disabled in certain lobbies where having an additional player will be a significant advantage. For example, in Cake Wars when you could go above 16 players, you could easily glitch in a party of 5 to verse only teams of 4. That is unfair. And since there was no feasible way to fix that, they had to remove the perk in that gamemode. There are many gamemodes that still allow players to go above the soft cap like Minestrike, Death Tag, etc. Mineplex is caring about customer appeal despite what you are saying. Mineplex only retains players if they have a fun experience, and if you are enabling lobbies to have 5 v 6s or unfair team distributions, that isn't going to be fun. In SSM right now, you can go up to 5 players, so I don't see what your point is there....

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Susie and SPOOKY BOI LEGEND998 like this.
  6. What's poppin!

Since CookieBilly already said that I won't repeat him since he's pretty much right about that. However ranks are purely meant for cosmetics. There are players who really want exclusive cosmetics that make them stand out or just want a unique appearance on Mineplex. For instance many players wish they could have a custom weapon name. By purchasing Immortal and having it for a few months that's possible.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  7. Hey!

I personally don't think paying for a rank JUST to join full lobbies is worth it. Seeing as how you are currently paying for a monthly immortal subscription, $6.99 per month just to join full lobbies, I'd say is a waste of money.

Anyways, joining full lobbies isn't all that having a rank is for. On top of having a cool tag over your name, you also get monthly rewards, more gems & shards from winning games, special cosmetics and much more. If you wish to view all special features you get for each and every rank and how they compare to others, then check out mineplex.com/ranks

As @Paladise already mentioned, the reason you cannot join full game lobbies is for balancing reasons. Keeping the games fair and not allowing big parties to basically raid the game and outnumbering others, especially those in team games.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Anna-Marie likes this.
  8. I'm paying for immortal for the cosmetics tbh, I meant ranks like Ultra and Hero's ^^

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2020
  9. Hey, as said above there are still certain games where you can join full lobbies with a rank. It wouldn't be practical for ranks to be able to join games of BLD, SW or SB for example, and it wouldn't be fair if it was available in team-fighting games such as CW. The ability to join a full lobby applies to the hub, as well as MPS (I believe). There are also games such as Paintball in which you can join with a rank. If each CW game (as an example) were to be more populated as a result of people with ranks being able to join after the server has already reached full capacity, games would not only drag on and become boring for participants, but there would also be higher waiting times for games to start. However, I believe that in a game such as solo SSM, the re-introduction of this perk could be beneficial since a small game like that can always be fun with an extra player. In my opinion, it would just make it much harder for people to win and would bring more disadvantages than advantages overall to reintroduce the ability for ranks to join full lobbies to every gamemode.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    CraftyAditya674, WaynePlayz and Ref like this.
  10. eh.... I never really liked joining full games anyways

Posted Sep 26, 2020