• 517 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3096 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Ranks with Gems!

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OnceSpoken, Jan 18, 2020.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. yes

11.1%
  2. no

88.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afternoon, everyone.

I am here to suggest a new method of getting ranks.

A lot of people always dream of having a rank on the server, but not everyone can afford one. So what if we could get ranks for free using gems? Of course, it wouldn’t be 5,000 gems, it would probably end up being 20,000 or so. This would encourage players to continue playing on the server. The higher the rank, the more gems it would cost.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  2. Posted Jan 18, 2020
  3. I see, 20,000 was just a random number though, maybe it would be a higher number so people really have to work for them. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2020
  4. Hey!
    I don't really think we should implement this for a couple reasons. One being gems already have a lot of ways to be used, like buying the multitude of kits available. Another reason is ranks are sold on the Mineplex store so Mineplex has basically an income. If we allowed ranks to be bought with gems then that would take away money from the server due to not as people buying ranks with money. Overall I don't think it's a great idea because Mineplex uses ranks kind of as a way to fund the server, along with if we implemented this it would make ranks even more less common.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  5. I think gems are pretty easy to get, for example, I currently have over 170k gems and to make ranks buyable with gems, it would be easy to get them. This would then remove the value of ranks and decrease the sales by a dramatic amount, resulting in less income for Mineplex as a company.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  6. I totally agree. I didn’t think about this part of it before. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
  7. This idea has been brought up many times and has been denied. You can get ranks without spending money via treasure shards. You earn treasure shards by playing games. Once you have enough you can buy a mythical chest. If you’re lucky enough your mythical chest will contain a rank upgrade.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  8. I didn’t know about the treasure shards, thanks for letting me know.

OP OP
  9. To be honest, I really don't agree with this idea. Mainly because the money that the store produces, helps pay server costs. (Server hosting costs, and for paying developers). Let's also keep in mind that ranks are really not that expensive if you compare them to other servers out there. (the highest rank here is only $15.00)

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  10. Hia!

This idea has been denied in previous times as has been stated above. The main reason for this is that it takes the main purpose of ranks away from the game. It just makes them less valuable and overall degrades the permissions/cosmetics that they already have which others do not.

Also, this will reduce sales drastically and will mean that the server will struggle to run properly, which is really just asking for trouble here - overall, I would disagree with this idea but thank you for suggesting it! :)

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    xGetRektedx and Fluuuf like this.
  11. I have to disagree with this. It is highly unfair to the players who have bought ranks with their own money. 20k gems are very easy to get, and everyone would have a rank, it wouldn’t be fair for the players who rightfully bought a rank. I will have to give this a -1

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  12. ranks are very cosmetic-based, and aren’t skill based. therefore gems and ranks just don’t mix. also btw 20k is not a large number, i have already obtained 1k+ gems in bedrock and it wasn’t hard to do at all. i wish this could be added, but i just don’t think it would work out.

-1 :(((

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    xGetRektedx likes this.
  13. I think this would be unfair to people who have bought a rank and paid actual money for it. You don’t need money for gems and they are easy to get. I don’t think it should be implemented, as it wouldn’t be fair.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  14. Heyo!

I'm going to have to disagree with this idea for multiple reasons. It has been denied in the past and it also breaks EULA. Also, sales would drop and this would not be a good idea from a business perspective. Another thing, 20,000 gems for a rank is super cheap, I would suggest it would be 500k for Ultra and more for higher ranks if this were to ever become a thing. Finally, you can get ranks for free from the Giveaway section on the forums for those hosting giveaways and you can earn ranks in Mythical chests and other chests above Mythical and holiday treasure chests.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  15. We currently have no plans on being able to purchase ranks with in-game currencies. It would be unfair to those who pay IRL money and is probably against the EULA given IRL money is a hard currency and gems are a soft currency. I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" and locking it. Thanks for writing this thread though. If you have more ideas feel free to write another thread.

Thread locked > Not planned

Posted Feb 2, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.