• 1690 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3774 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Ranks for Free(with a lot of work)

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by EmeraldThePro12, Aug 26, 2019.

1. I think it should be possible to purchase a rank for a lot of shares/gems(like 50000).

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  2. I believe this would violate the End of User License Agreement if this was possible. Unless you are talking about a completely new rank, then again the EULA might still apply

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    NothinButNetYT and rexh17 like this.
  3. In addition to what el4ctrified said above, if anybody could earn 50000 gems or more, then everybody would have a rank making it worthless, as gems are pretty easy to get.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    scarlet ♥, Yato and FluteVegetables like this.
  4. Yo!
    For Bedrock the ranks are purchased via Coins that are sold through Minecraft itself not through Mineplex so this would in-fact not be allowed (working for ranks with gems / shards). Even if this was allowed, from a business side of things it would not be very beneficial and I feel like this would devalue ranks. You can learn more about Coins here If you are interested: Wiki Link

Overall: -1 since 1. It wouldn't be allowed 2. Just isn't something that would work out down the road.

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  5. 50000 shards isnt that hard to get at all and I dont pay attention to gems so I'm not sure about that but yeah they're in a store and have a cost for a reason

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Floowsr and FluteVegetables like this.
  6. You can easily get 50k shards in just 2-3 months so what would be the point of buying a rank? This is a horrible idea and mineplex would just go bankrupt.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
  7. I would like something to be done that consists of half earned-half bought. I see people at the top of the block hunt leaderboards and theyre rankless. People like this deserve a rank to be discounted. Only problem with this is that people could take advantage of and/or cheat the system.

As for your idea, 50k gems is really easy to get. I have 250k gems and have bought every single kit in the server (except for instant hider).
    -1 from me

Posted Aug 28, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 2, 2019
  8. As a few others have pointed out, part of your idea breaks the EULA. Gems can not be traded as real world currency, so we could not implement ranks being purchased with gems. This system works to prevent servers from becoming "play-to-win" and we have to ensure that we are following the guidelines set in place or the server risks being shut down.

Technically, I don't think using shards to purchase ranks breaks the EULA, but it definitely would be a smart decision in my opinion. At the end of the day, Mineplex is a business that needs income to sustain itself and a lot of that revenue comes from purchased ranks. If you could just buy ranks, especially with only 50,000 shards as you've suggested, the company would lose out on a lot of money. Players would be more likely just to work towards saving shards than deciding to purchase a rank.

Maybe a solution though would be to add rare chances with certain chests to win a rank, similar to what we have on the Java server. This would allow players to try to get ranks if they couldn't afford it or just didn't want to spend the money but would only have a very small effect on Mineplex's income.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    bestjoedavena likes this.
  9. -1 no ranks should be won from chest because in order to get chest you have to buy them from store, get ranks to get them, work to get them.

Posted Sep 2, 2019
  10. what about giving them to the top players of the month or something

Posted Sep 3, 2019
  11. As stated above EULA most likely would be violated by the gem idea. Also, 50k gem is not a lot especially if you are buying an item that usually costs money.

As for the leaderboard idea. I don't see it necessary. Although maybe a gem bonus for whatever leaderboard they are on.

have a good morning,
    ~yato

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    Steven190 likes this.
  12. Two statements worthy of pointing out.
    - Gems & Shards can not be traded into real-world currency which would violate the Mojang End User License Agreement.
    - Shards are way to easy to obtain which would take away any obtainable rank via shard or gems less valued

Posted Sep 3, 2019
    VotedCell likes this.
  13. Hello!

I'll be denying this idea because we don't plan on making ranks purchasable for any in-game currency. It takes away the purpose of them costing real-life currency and wouldn't be a smart business move. Thanks for suggesting the idea though!

Posted Sep 29, 2019
  14. 50000 gems is especially cheap plus it most likely is against some sort of rule but idk. Cool idea though

Posted Sep 29, 2019