• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10205 Players Online
  • 7315 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rankless level 100's should be able to join full lobbies

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Orangutanion, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:04 PM.

1. They've spent a lot of time playing and probably have a lot of friends on the server. Not being able to join full lobbies makes playing with them more difficult.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:04 PM
    Jocoe, Mitchy, Polar8 and 1 other person like this.
  2. I don’t know, one of the points of buying a rank is for that ability, so people donate and the server gets funding. I do understand your point though, I feel like if you have dedicated that much time to the server and achieved that rank I guess it makes sense to give them a perk like that.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:15 PM
  3. I understand that players who dedicate as much time and effort to the server as level 100 should be rewarded, but I can't see this working. The main reason is that joining full lobbies is one of the main perks for many people who purchase a premium rank on Mineplex and making it available to even more people is just not fair to them. Mineplex has also brought down the price for many of the premium ranks, including ones that offer full game access, so it should be more easily accessible to even more people. Similarly, there are quite frequent rank giveaways on the forums here. But I also know many players, even if they can purchase a rank or get one, don't even want them, as I know of many users who had their premium ranks removed if they were bought by other people. While I somewhat understand not wanting to have a premium rank, if you want one of the benefits for the rank, you have to have all of them.

My other main reason for disagreeing with this idea is that there are a large number of level 100s now. If there were only 1-50, I could maybe see this as a viable perk, but the list is in the high hundreds now and is growing every day. Giving a perk that was promised for only premium+ players to hundreds of level 100 players just wouldn't be fair to the people who paid for a rank for that perk.

Again, I completely understand where you are coming from, but I just can't agree at this point.

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:23 PM,
    Last edited Jul 1, 2020 at 3:33 AM
    Polar8 likes this.
  4. Hey!
    Honestly, I had to think quite a bit about this before starting to write feedback.
    I first thought about how this would defeat the purpose of buying a rank; therefore, this shouldn't be added.
    Then I thought about, "how long does it take for someone to reach level 100 without a rank?"
    It honestly does take a lot of time and effort into reaching the level, especially without a rank.
    I wouldn't be entirely against this idea since it only gives players the ability to join full lobbies, and it won't give the player the exclusive perks as it does for ranks, such as a gem or shard increase.
    But, it may be unfair for others and go against some rules.
    Overall, I like this idea, but I'm not sure if this should be implemented, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:28 PM,
    Last edited Jun 30, 2020 at 11:35 PM
  5. I suppose you are right, but some people just aren’t able to buy ranks because the target audience of Mineplex IS children and adolescents, so maybe if level 100 was substantially more difficult to get or if you had to do some challenges after level 100 to gain this perk?

Posted Jun 30, 2020 at 11:33 PM
  6. I could see making receiving level 100 more difficult to acquire leading to some higher perks, but even then there already is a vast amount of people with level 100 already, so changing it up now just wouldn't be fair in my opinion to the people who are close/at the halfway mark. I still have to agree with the above responses that this is more or less a perk for people with premium ranks and rewarding it to people without a rank kind of defeats the purpose of it. I understand that not everyone is able to afford ranks, even with the discounted prices, but I still think this is better suited staying as a perk for premium ranks only. In regard to those who can't afford them, someone linked the Giveaway section on the forums above, which has been pretty active lately and is a great way to try and receive a rank if you're unable to afford one.
    As for the idea though, typically when I had friends (when I had no rank) we would normally just form a party and find another lobby if I was unable to join. So I don't see why this would change for people with level 100 other than just making it more convenient. We get a decent amount of rewards already in my opinion once we hit level 100 so, I think if this were to be implemented it should take place of something else maybe. I'd like to see some more responses on this though, because I don't completely disagree with this, I'm just not quite sure it should be implemented.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 1:43 AM
    opd02 and I am a knife like this.
  7. Levels are and were always a purely cosmetic aspect of the server. Apart from getting you cosmetics and chests (which would result in more cosmetics in the end anyway), they give you absolutely no higher advantage over players with lower levels. Giving the ability to join full lobbies to unranked players with levels 100 wouldn't be the best idea, not only because the perk that was always for premium ranks only would lose its value, but because it would definitely encourage more people trying to find ways to stat boost without being caught.

While I get where you're coming from, I agree with others above and I just don't think this is something level 100s need. They already get pretty handful amount of perks (10 level colors, dragon wing particles, etc), so I don't think they need another perk to be added to them. Especially if it's one that actually affects your gameplay and isn't cosmetic.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 7:00 AM
    Im_Ken and xWand like this.
  8. I think this thread needs some feedback from players that are rankless and level 100. Honestly, I can't recall many players, regardless of rank, complaining about not being able to join lobbies when they want to. I think the current way that allows players to join games doesn't really cause a big issue with this, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone that has no rank and has achieved level 100 can give some insight. Is it an issue that you can't join full lobbies? How often are you running into this issue if it is one? I'd be in support of it if this is something that causes issues considering how much dedication it takes to reach level 100. I'm just not sure it really does at the moment.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 12:09 PM
    Dudeguy likes this.
  9. I think that level 100s should automatically receive a rank. I’m not sure which one though.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 12:25 PM
  10. What about level 100s getting lifetime Immortal? It definitely wouldn't have Mineplex making any significant losses, and there would be more of a grind for level 100. The only requirement to keep it is to keep earning a certain amount of exp every month, say 300000.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 12:33 PM
  11. Not all level 100s want ranks

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 12:36 PM
  12. Why dont they want ranks?

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 12:49 PM
  13. What, so about 50 'professional' players can come on and eliminate the chance of winning for anybody else? If anything they should have their own lobbies to talk through the entire game.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 5:58 PM
  14. I think this is pretty fair. I don't see any problem with this, since these players have spent thousands of hours on Mineplex to get their rank. And even if they aren't able to get a rank, they should still be rewarded with this feature. It would only affect a very small amount of people, so it isn't very urgent, but I think it would be a really nice reward for them. I hope this does get implemented.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 6:25 PM
    Polar8 likes this.
  15. Thread moved to 'General Idea Discussion'.

- Tripsy

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 7:39 PM
  16. Hey!

I like this idea, and because there aren't that many level 100s at the moment I think this would be a nice feature. As previously stated, they've dedicated a lot of time to the server in order to reach level 100. The only issue I find with it is that it's supposed to be one of the big features a rank gives. Personally, I wouldn't mind, however I can see a lot of people being mad about this change. For these reasons I will be giving this suggestion a +0.5.

-Axjy

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 8:03 PM
  17. Hello!
    I actually like this idea, and I believe this should be implemented to the server. Just like what @Animalll stated above, people who reach to level 100 spend many hours playing to reach to that level. It takes a lot of time, and is very challenging for many players. Currently, there are not many players today who are level 100, because it takes a great amount of time to reach that level. I feel that if a player were to reach level 100, I feel that players should be rewarded with this feature so they can join any full lobby or games. This could be an appreciation reward for players that dedicate that much time to the server.

Overall, I like this idea, and I believe that this should be implemented. +1

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 10:48 PM
  18. I'm iffy with this one. We advertise being able to join these servers since its a business move and gives these ranks some extra things to advertise and appeal to people. Giving it to level 100s would mean that they'd have less of a reason to purchase these ranks, so it would depend on what marketing decides with this one, though I'm leaning towards no since it takes things away from a rank regardless of how long it takes to reach.

Posted Jul 1, 2020 at 11:22 PM
    Dudeguy, xWand and aiirr like this.
  19. I simply don't think it's a good idea to give this perk to level 100s because this is a type of perk that gives ranks (a premium Mineplex product) lots of value. Giving rankless level 100s the ability to join full lobbies wouldn't be a good business move because not only would it take away from the value of ranks, but it also may encourage some players to stat boost to achieve this perk (as @Klobby stated).

I used to be on the Social Media team and I can confidently say that these types of perks are necessary when marketing Mineplex's products, especially ranks. Players like to see that they are gaining value in some way, and a perk like this is definitely something players look for when making a purchase. Giving this perk to level 100s may diminish the players' desire to obtain the perk via a rank purchase.

Totally agree. From what I have seen, I don't think full lobbies are even an issue for most rankless people. I don't believe there are too many rankless level 100s, and if there are any, it's surely an extremely low amount. Moreover, I can almost guarantee that these players don't want a rank. Those who dedicate the countless hours required to achieve level 100 will most likely get a rank at some point, whether that's through their own money, a friend, or a giveaway. So, if they wanted a rank, they'd probably already have one.

Posted Jul 2, 2020 at 4:51 PM
  20. Hey!
    This is a really interesting idea, at first I thought this should definitely be implemented then I thought. Doing this would make ranks less valuable On the other hand, these level 100s have played Mineplex for a very long time. I'd assume most level 100s have already purchased a rank hence how long they've had to of played to reach level 100, so I don't see it looking too bad as I don't think there will be that many who have played for that long and not of purchased a rank.

Overall, +1.

Posted Jul 2, 2020 at 6:35 PM