• 988 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7506 Players Online
  • 6518 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ranking all the Nano Games

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by Jbones__, Nov 6, 2020.

Tags:
?

What do you think of my list?

1. I agree

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. I disagree

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I mainly agree

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. I mainly disagree

7 vote(s)
    43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello everyone! I play Nano Games a ton, and I decided to rank all the Nano Games in a list of which ones are my favorite vs least favorite!

1) Quick - I just can't dislike it, is a ton of fun, and full of surprises
    2) Slime Territory - I like it because this is one of the games I find easier, but it takes strategy and you needs to be aware of your surroundings!
    3) Zombie Survival - Always fun, a ton of maps so you can always find new hiding spots
    4) Minekart - I like this game because I win 90% of the time, but it can get boring and was extremely buggy when I first played it which is why it isn't first
    5) Red Light Green Light - Always fun, competitive and takes strategy. I always enjoy this mode
    6) Gladiators - Every man for themselves, very competitive and definitely helped me improve my PvP skills
    7) Bawk Bawks Wrath - Only fun when you can PvP. This game takes a ton of strategy.
    8) Dropper - A ton of great maps, and it is always a good challenge!
    9) Chicken Shoot - I enjoy this game, but it can be boring.
    10) Grapple Knife - Pretty fun mode, I rarely win though
    11) Musical Minecarts - Decent mode, 100% luck.
    12) Jump Rope - The first Jump Rope I played was terrible, but with the changes, I enjoy it.
    13) Ores Ores Ores - Basically no strategy and just spamming your pickaxe. Not the best mode.
    14) Nano Wizards - I have gotten better, but it is so loud and makes my computer lag.
    15) Color Swap - This mode is fine, but is also pretty much all luck, especially in the last rounds.
    16) Knock Knock - I am just terrible at this mode. That's all.
    17) Slime Cycles - Same thing as the game "Snake" in Arcade Games, except Slime Cycles is worse.
    18) Snowball Trouble - Spamming snowballs and hoping it hits someone isn't my ideal game.
    19) Hardcore Parkour - I actually enjoy this mode, great concept, but I am terrible at parkour. I have never won in this mode.
    20) Sploor - Relying on your team isn't great. This game depends on how your team plays, not only you.
    21) Frenzy - Great concept, but againn, relying on your team isn't always working for me, and in this mode especially, you need a good team.
    22) King Slime - Pretty boring and mainly luck
    23) AAAAAAAA! Spleef - I am never good at this mode. I have maybe got 1st once or twice but this mode isn't too much fun to me.
    24) Copy Cat - Extremely boring and slow. Never win, and I never like seeing this game
    25) Reverse Tag - Decent concept, but it is always players targeting, which makes it impossible to win unless you get lucky.
    26) Hot Potato - Exact same thing as Reverse Tag except this game requires even more luck.

Note: After I made this list, I realized I forgot Nano Battles! So here it is. Nano Battles - Probably ranked about 22. This is Micro Battles with a different name. You need to rely on your team and players usually hide in this mode. It isn't bad, but it is a copy of another mode so it isn't very high on my list

Let me know what you think about my list! Thank you for reading!

Posted Nov 6, 2020
    Anna., partyin, WowCaleb and 2 others like this.
  2. Hello!!

I decided to make my own list, with a couple reasonings as to why :D

1. Grapple Knife - I love the action of this game!
    2. Snowball Trouble - Reminds me of my favorite season :)
    3. Nano Wizards - Was the first nano game I ever won
    4. Hardcore Parkour - I've slowly gotten better at parkour, so this game has become more fun
    5. Knock Knock - Interesting concept for a game, not too easy but not too difficult
    6. Slime Cycles - I just have a lot of fun playing this one!
    7. Ores Ores Ores - Breaking blocks really fast is super satisfying to me
    8. Copy Cat - This game calms me so much
    9. Gladiators - Not the best at it, still a classic though
    10.Slime Territory - You either do really well or really poorly in this
    11.Sploor - Definitely not my least favorite
    12.Nano Battles
    13.Color Swap - I get bored sometimes
    14.Chicken Shoot
    15.Minekart
    16.Red Light Green Light
    17.Dropper
    18.Bawk Bawks Wrath
    19.Jump Rope - Im horrible at it
    20.Quick - Bores me sometimes
    21.King Slime
    22.AAAAAAAA! Spleef
    23.Musical Minecarts
    24.Reverse Tag
    25.Hot Potato
    26.Zombie Survival

I left out Frenzy because I haven't played it enough to form a decent opinion on it. I see we have a couple of the same games towards the bottom which is interesting!

Posted Nov 6, 2020
  3. Haha! I love seeing everyone's personal takes on these games! For me, my top five favorites (in no specific order) are Gladiators, Quick, Sploor, Bawk Bawk's Wrath, and Color Swap. These are my favorites due to them all being super competition based. This group in specific has a wide range of game diversity from PVP to mental challenges to rapid-responses. I would definitely say that all of the games in Nano Games are super unique and fun in their own way, and the implementation of this game had just been amazing!

Posted Nov 6, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  4. Hey!

For me personally, I can't really rank them entirely since I'm pretty neutrally for or against games in the middle, however, I can give a top 3 favourite and least favourite...
    My top 3 Favourites are easily,
    1) Hardcore Parkour
    2) Nano Wizards
    3) Copy Cat
    Parkour is my favourite since it's the most fun and relaxing for me, and also probably the game I'm the best at. Since I'm pretty competitive, a game that I can win more than I lose will always be ranked higher for me, but at the same time, the concept of parkour has always been something I've enjoyed. With Wizards, it's the same kind of competitive bias, but I really love the concept as well. It's super action-packed and fast-paced and I really like the idea of combat with abilities, which is also why I enjoyed OG Wizards a lot. And lastly, Copy Cat. I'm good at this game but not great. It can be super stressful or super fun, which is why it isn't 1 or 2, but is higher than every other game. I really love the concept of the game, there's none like it that I can think of and that makes it special to me.

For my top 3 least favourites, (1 being least, 3 being the one I like the most of the 3)
    1) Hot Potato
    2) Zombie Survival
    3) Snowball Trouble
    Hot Potato is a game I really don't enjoy playing at all, for the same reasons I debated against Reverse Tag; It's is (or was) extremely luck-based. I really do enjoy the changes that were made, adding a timer, and adding a double jump feature, however, they aren't enough to make the game enjoyable for me personally. It simply isn't the type of game I enjoy. And the same goes for Snowball Trouble. The game itself has no noticeable problems and is quite balanced in my opinion, it just is not the type of game I enjoy playing. There's obviously a level of skill needed to win and be successful, but there's a small part of me that notices that the game tends to be luck-based in some small areas, which subconsciously will make the game less enjoyable for me. And number 2 is Zombie Survival. Simply because it's the slowest Nano Game in my opinion, and I feel like it moves away from the action-packed, fast-paced style that Nano tends to go for.

Thank you for sharing your opinions on the games, I really enjoyed this thread, have a great day!

Posted Nov 7, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  5. I do disagree with some of them but I respect your opinion. I am too lazy to rank every single game so I'll do my top 3 games I love and hate.

Top 3 Favorite:
    Quick- I always win this game and its always fun for me
    Gladiators- I am a pvp tryhard so that basically explains it
    Hardcore Parkour- I would say I'm pretty good at parkour and overall I find parkour fun so yeah

Top 3 Least Favorite:
    Copy Cat- I'm so bad and it's stressful
    Hot potato- All luck
    Zombie survival- Its death tag and I hate death tag.

The rest of the games I like and aren't that bad. I hope they add more games in the future as well just like they did recently because Nano can become a bit stale when played a ton and you're going through the same games multiple times.

Posted Nov 7, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 7, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  6. Wow! I didn't realize how unpopular Zombie Survival is. I always found that game to be awesome, thank you for your feedback everyone!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  7. Hey!

I love the amount of detail you've put into this and your reason for ranking each Nano Game where you did. I've been an avid Nano Games player since I returned to the server after it was released, and I've played enough of it to be able to develop a list of my own favourites and least favourites. Like some of the others above me, I'm also too lazy to compile a complete list so I'm going to tell you about my three most and least favourite. I'm not too familiar with some of the newer ones that have been released, so I'll probably learn more towards the ones I know and I'm familiar with.

Top 3 favourite:
    1. Hardcore Parkour - I've been a huge fan of parkour for years now, beating some of the most difficult jumps in the game and playing on some of the most competitive parkour servers. They're all about doing hard jumps at your own pace, whereas Hardcore Parkour is all about speedrunning. It's a refreshing change and there are some really good maps for this too. It's about raw parkour skill too as you don't have kit abilities, so I like this compared to DE. There are also some really nice maps.
    2. Quick - What's not to like about this one? All the challenges are unique and different, catering to different skills. There's something for everyone in Quick, and the fact you don't know which challenge is going to come on means you have to be prepared for anything.
    3. Gladiators - I'm not great at PvP at the best of times but I still find this really enjoyable.
    Top 3 least favourite:
    1. Ores Ores Ores - I have to be honest when I say I don't even participate in this one. I usually just jump around on the surface of the map and do my own thing until the game is over. In my opinion, it's just too luck-based because you're mining around randomly hoping you'll strike the ores that give you the most points. Not super engaging.
    2. Nano Wizards - This is nothing like what Wizards was. Nano Wizards is just jumping around the map spamming the blaze rod in your hotbar, or dropping TNT hoping you'll get lucky (at least that's how it is for me!). It's a poor substitute for Wizards and the game can feel like the longest 2-3 minutes of my life at times.
    3. Grapple Knife - I was debating between whether I should put this or King Slime, but I've decided on this one. It's not very engaging to me at all either - you're just sort of in a frenzy soaring all around the map desperately trying to rack up your kills. It is pretty popular among other players though so I wouldn't like to see it removed or anything, personally I just don't find it that enjoyable.

Posted Nov 7, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  8. Hi

I have to be honest I mainly disagree with your list solely because you put Ores Ores Ores above the greatest game of all (Color Swap)!??!??!?! I do like that you said why each is ranked where they are though, and after all it is all down to opinion where the games go so it's great you've actually put your opinion out there. I've also made a list of my favourite-least favourite Nano Games :) I have a high feeling you'll mainly disagree with me too haha

1. Color Swap - I don't know what it is but it's just so fun and so good. A d r e n a l i n e.
    2. Hardcore Parkour - boing boing boing
    3. Bawk Bawk's Wrath(e) - It's just pure memes at this point for my friends I love it
    4. Quick
    5. Knock Knock
    6. Red Light Green Light
    7. Reverse Tag
    8. Hot Potato
    9. Gladiators
    10. Slime Territory
    11. Musical Minecarts
    12. Jump Rope
    13. Dropper
    14. Slime Cycles
    15. Minekart
    16. Chicken Shoot
    17. Grapple Knife
    18. AAAAAAAA! Spleef
    19. Sploor
    20. Snowball Trouble
    21. Nano Battles
    22. Zombie Survival
    23. Copy Cat
    24. King Slime
    25. Nano Wizards
    26. Ores Ores Ores

This list suddenly made me question why I like Nano at all because there are like half of the games that I just reaaaally don't like. Everything from 'Minekart' down I just don't like

Posted Nov 7, 2020
    partyin and WowCaleb like this.
  9. Thank you everyone for the feedback, if you could, please explain why Zombie Survival is so disliked. I thought this game would be top 10 for more people, but it seems like I am the only one who enjoys it!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 7, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  10. Love the concept!

BEST:

1. quick: easily my favorite for some reason. i could play it straight for hours!
    2. color swap: its a perfect balance of speed and luck!
    3. slime territory: probably my best game, relying heavily on strategy.
    4. gladiators: I love pvp, and non stop action....amazing game. added bonus is that you could join mid game.

GOOD:

5. Bawk Bawk's Wrath(e) : such a good time, and perfect balance between skill and strategy!
    6. AAAAAAAA! Spleef: would have liked it more if it was just runner, but ill take what i can get!
    7. Nano Battles: more pvp, a little worse cuz of teams.
    8. Hot Potato: i really like this game! idk i just like it!

MEH:

9. Knock Knock: a little to short and kinda random who wins
    10. Jump Rope: too easy to win, but still fun
    11. Zombie Survival: kinda the definition of meh, just meh.... its double meh when you cant gain health back
    12. Red Light Green Light: to fast, and pretty lucky who wins
    13. Hardcore Parkour: i like parkour, im jus really bad at it.
    14. Musical Minecarts: this one is just meh again, still fun, but very repetitive

BAD:

15. Reverse Tag: you have already lost if you dont start with the emerald, which drives me insane.
    16. Dropper: ive memorized the maps, its gotten to easy i think, but still fun.
    17. Slime Cycles: this would be fun, but i die off the start every time by being lagged off due to bad ping
    18. Minekart: kinda a sweat game, you have to really be good in order to win, which i dont think should be in nano games
    19. Sploor: yeah, its here
    20. Ores Ores Ores: complete luck. thats all it is.

I QUIT WHEN IT COMES UP

21. Chicken Shoot: its the same thing, over and over again. im also very not good with a bow
    22. Grapple Knife: random nonsense with little skill... just annoying really
    23. Snowball Trouble: AHAHAHHAHA this drives me crazy, its just so boring, and extensive
    24. Nano Wizards: its the same thing over and over, complete crazyness that isnt fun
    25. King Slime: how could you like this? its so annoying. i really dont like this one
    26. freaking copy cat: oh how i hate this. its so annoying, im not good, its repetitive, its long, its boring, its just gosh darn terrible. by far the worst one.

So thats my list!!

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    neotheater ツ and WowCaleb like this.
  11. Well for me it just seems like the knock-off Death Tag that I never asked for. I have loved DT for many years (sadly haven't really got around to playing it recently though), and whenever I play Zombie Survival it just seems to be an odd version of one of my favourite games. It's also quite laggy for me personally but I'm not sure if other people have that same problem. It's also quite hard to actually win because oftentimes it's all about luck where you spawn and such - or at least for me!

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    partyin likes this.
  12. That makes sense, however, this is the exact reason I enjoy Zombie Survival! It is Death Tag that is more popular and easier to find games for! Thank you for your response!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2020
    neotheater ツ likes this.
  13. I definitely agree with your placement for Quick - it's one of my all-time favorite NANO games. However for me I'd say my favorite has to be Color Swap. I've played variations of it on other servers and it's been one of my favorite minigames for a long time. Copy Cat I feel is low on your list - I think it's really underrated. I'm probably biased because I consider myself fast at it, but oh well.

I have to agree on some of your least favorites, though. Reverse Tag and Hot Potato are the two games that I like the least, and unfortunately I have to say Zombie Survival is down there as well. Like neo said it's basically a knock-off Death Tag, and Death Tag never was my favorite game to begin with. But for the most part I'd say I agree with your list.

Posted Nov 10, 2020
  14. Thank you for the feedback! I have a better understanding now of why Zombie Survival isn't as loved, which I understand! I have always enjoyed Death Tag which is probably why I find this game so enjoyable! Thank you again for the feedback! Additionally, Color Swap is getting less and less fun for me. Just luck, and the game takes too long, especially if you lose early on. It seems like everyone disagrees and says Color Swap should be higher on my list, please explain!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2020
  15. Here's my list !!!

Hardcore Parkour > Literally everything else.

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    Anna. likes this.
  16. I mainly agree with your list, you have included a lot of detail and as stated by other people, I love the concept.

My top three games would be:
    Gladiators - As it is a really fun PVP game and I like that people can’t bow spam or rod me :D (makes me feel like I’m better at PVP). It’s really helped me improve on my skills too.
    Quick - I love the fact the challenges in quick are a mix of difficult and easy! Quick has to be one of my favourites as it has a mixture of games within it. In addition, I also love the fact if we complete so many challenges we get XP rewards, found in our stats.
    Frenzy - I love the new game Frenzy that has been added! Reminds me a bit of Cakewars, with our cake being our tower! Balanced in PVP and defense, it’s really fun too!

My least favourite games would be:
    Nano Wizards - Overall, the game is really laggy for me and I’m absolutely terrible at it!
    Chicken Shoot - This game makes me so mad! I can barely aim with a bow and whenever I think I hit a chicken, somebody else has! I’d say it’s repetitive too, I normally just sit out on this game.
    Copy Cat - I am actually the worst at this game, I have terrible memory, which means I have to keep double checking my blocks are right - which is time consuming, and by the time I have completed the first level, everybody else is on Level 7+ and the timer has finished D:

I absolutely love the idea of sharing our favourite games though! Nano has to be one of the most relaxed and favoured game modes.

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  17. 1. Minekart
    2. Hardcore Parkour
    3. Color Swap
    4. Hot Potato
    5. Zombie Survival
    6. Knock Knock
    7. Bawk Bawk's Wrath
    8. Knock Knock
    9. Slimeball
    10. Gladiators
    11. Frenzy
    12. Dropper
    13. Bomber
    14. Chicken Shoot
    15. Red Light Green Light
    16. Nano Battle
    17. Jump Rope
    18. Splash Down
    19. Oreos Oreos Oreos
    20. Grapple Knife
    21. Quick
    22. Slime Territory
    23. AAAAHHHH!!!!!! Spleef
    24. Snowball Trouble
    25. Copy Cat
    26. Nano Wizards

This is my opinion, so it may change, but Minekart and Hardcore Parkour are by far the best games there.

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  18. Heyo!
    Everyone has such an interesting list of favorite games! I can't really decided where to place any one game over another, so I'll just briefly mention one I personally enjoy a lot. I feel like it might be a slightly unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love Minekart! There's something about the drifting and boost mechanics that make them really satisfying to use. The way the maps are designed are all very interesting too. Plenty of smaller off-road short cuts with at least one or two larger hidden routes that require a strong boost to make it through. Flying around these tracks while watching your friends drifting next to you is always a great time!
    Thanks for reading! :)

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  19. Hello!

It's crazy to see everyones drastically different opinions on the best nano games. My personal favorite is definitely grapple knife, and some of my other favorites are nano wizards and frenzy. I am an avid PvPer, and absolutely love any PvP related game. However, I like the diversity in that there are many different types of games in Nano, so everyone can get a chance at playing their favorite type of MC game :)

-n2l

Posted Nov 18, 2020