• 470 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6178 Players Online
  • 5708 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

RANKED SKYWARS

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Fishrrr, Apr 20, 2021.

?

Should there be ranked skywars??

1. YEAH ITS GREAT

50.0%
  2. NO!!!!

50.0%
  1. Ok for me Im really good and considered a "sweat" often Im faced with the last player sitting on his island. So I propose RANKED SKYWARS you could get a specal tag in skywars lobbies and get placed with the better players for a over all better time for some not as good people and the really hyper good sweats.

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  2. I think someone suggested this for cake wars and people liked it I believe. Honestly I wouldn't mind a ranked gamemode. It would make it more competitive and make me play mineplex again. I don't see too much problems really except hackers. Skywars is very notorious for having the most hackers, which means all the people at the top will just be hackers. It will get to a certain point where its just going to be hackers you're going against. Try adding to your thread a solution on how to deal with hackers. If you can come up with an answer to that then I'll 100% agree with you

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  3. actually could be interesting, but too many hackers going around so idk

Posted Apr 20, 2021
    Mothy likes this.
  4. Hello!

I am a bit against this idea. Skywars is a great game and it would be great idea to promote competitiveness in Skywars and display more appealing to some. However, I disagreed with this idea, semi relating it to CW, because of the lack of players that would be able to uphold the game. CW is split into two different versions already (CW2 vs CW4), Skywars additionally having two different versions (solo and teams). With the separation into another subdivision, it could lead Skywars players too far spread out and leave not enough people in que to start up a game. Mineplex's player count varies a lot throughout the day, the lack of players during some hours potentially not being able to uphold another Skywars subdivision.

Thank You!
    TigerGoesGrr

Posted Apr 20, 2021
  5. I'm a little late, but in my opinion is that I like the idea, but it affect the player count since it’s a smaller game. My input on this is make it like an event, say for the first week of summer ranked skywars is released and you get rewards depending on how high you rank.

Posted May 13, 2021 at 8:25 AM
  6. I'm a little late as well, but I think this can lead to a huge problem. If you look at most ranked games, like at hypixel for example, it's the most toxic and cheater-infested game on the network. I wouldn't really like to see that happen to Mineplex.

Posted May 13, 2021 at 10:01 AM
  7. I like the concept of the idea, which is to bring a new competitive aspect to Mineplex, however, I do not know if that is necessarily good or what the server needs.
    Mineplex has a casual vibe to it, despite the fact that people play games for stats a lot, there still is not that competitive environment that some other servers have.
    I honestly this that this is for a good reason, competitive gameplay always brings toxicity with it, and I am not sure if Mineplex should implement such a feature if it would cause a lot of toxicity, which I am certain will happen sooner or later. Competitive Minecraft has always had that negative and rude vibe and, in my opinion, that is not what Mineplex needs.
    Cheaters also present a huge problem and would be able to unfairly take rankings from players that deserved it fairly, and then there would be the question of "I lost my rank to a cheater, can I get it back", which is a tough question to solve and deal with.
    This is just my opinion though, perhaps I am wrong, however, personally, I like Mineplex the way that it is right now.
    Based on my personal preference and opinion, I will give this idea a -1 due to the reasons stated above.

Posted May 13, 2021 at 1:34 PM