• 890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9328 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Ranked Gladiators

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Quackible, Jul 5, 2019.

Tags:
?

Ranked Gladiators?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Gladiators was by far my favorite game until it got removed. I'd like to see it come back with a better anti cheat system, but also ranked so that you play against people your skill level. I'm thinking the ranks go like this: (LOWEST - HIGHEST) (Starts at Bronze 3 and goes to Bronze 1, Silver 3, Silver 1, ect.)

- Bronze 1-3
    - Silver 1-3
    -Iron 1-3
    Ect.

I'm thinking maybe there could be around 5-6 ranks but maybe not named after a material, but rather be server related.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  2. It's not an individual gamemode, but you can find it in the mixed arcade. It's just that there's hardly any players that play it via mixed arcade.

As far as GWEN is concerned, the anti-cheat is getting it's own individual devs, so fingers crossed on progress regarding that.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the idea. Most of the players that will play on Glads are users that are high tier pvpers. Introducing a ranking system simply wouldn't do any favors. -1

Posted Jul 5, 2019

3. I think that a rank system with too many ranks would split the players too much, but one with only three, such as Bronze, Silver, and Gold, could possibly work well.

I think Mineplex just recently hired a anti-cheat developer, named ToonBasic. I think he said he was a GWEN developer, but I am not 100% sure.

I disagree, I think a lot of players who want to get good at PvP try gladiators. Mineplex is a casual server, in general, so there are a lot of casual players. Therefore I think the server could might use something like a ranked gamemode.

All in all I think it could be a good idea, with some adjustments. But for now I will stay neutral. So +0

Have a good day!
    IcyBears

Posted Jul 6, 2019
  4. Personally I don’t think this is too necessary

I kind of like how the system is right now in both nano games/mixed arcade, it pairs people up randomly regardless of skill level. It gives everyone a chance to fight against different people. Majority of the time the best people make it to the final 2. I don’t think that would change much if this new system were implemented. Except it probably wouldn’t always be the top 2 people, it would probably be the best person and maybe someone a few spots down. Regardless, the same person would end up winning.

I don’t think this is a bad idea, and it could be a fun challenge for people who like to play gladiators. But at the same, I don’t feel like it’s worth it to take the time to implement it due to the limited changes that would result from it.

Posted Jul 6, 2019
  5. For this new gladiator change, I don't think that it would work. For a system, it would be hard to implement considering the different places where the game is located (Lobby, Nano, etc.) And also, anti-cheat updates are going to be more frequent considering that a new GWEN developer was hired. I want to hear more about how the system would work, but for now, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Jul 9, 2019
  6. Heyo!

I'm going to agree with @510bike. Having ranked gladiators isn't necessary at all. Players are selected at random, which is a good thing as it opens the skill gap for others; meaning that players who aren't that good at PVP could better themselves by going against players who could be considered better than them. As for the anti-cheat we have a new GWEN developer (ToonBasic) who will be working and hopefully improving GWEN's cheat detection. For me, it's a -1.

Posted Jul 10, 2019