• 572 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2858 Players Online
  • 2286 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ranked GameModes.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by RubyAlisa, Sep 25, 2020.

?

Should this be added?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. A ranked game is a competitive queue for what is otherwise a -unapproved link-. As players complete matches, they earn and lose points that influence their standing in the ranked ladder of the queue.

Hi, everyone I want to speak about ranked for this community. I know a lot of people who like to play competitively on Mineplex but there is nothing to go for besides all stats or high stats. There is a decent amount of competitive people who play mineplex and would like to see competitive skywars, cake wars, speed builders, and a lot more. And you would get ranked on your wins/losses and kills you have that's it. Knowing your high rank would want others to be inspired to compete for your rank and take over it. It could work by #1-20 being like Master division #21-200 being diamond rank and such forth.

( this is just a brief discussion on it. This will not get implemented I feel for months at least just because when the last time mineplex has had an update but it's a suggestion to make the server better )

Posted Sep 25, 2020
  2. good idea for the future if mp manages to gain a large amount of players back but not a good idea for now as it would just split playerbases and games would have even more difficulty starting

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    oCassi, Paladise and Anna-Marie like this.
  3. or u could join one of the already setup comp leagues

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  4. It would not be a bad idea you don't have people manning ranked and not play the other also there nothing wrong if they split it would be weird if it did not.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 25, 2020
  5. this idea has been consistently denied because of the things i said previously. you don’t have to agree with it, but ranked game modes aren’t going to be a thing until the server can attract more players consistently.

Posted Sep 25, 2020
    Paladise and Anna-Marie like this.
  6. And in order to get more players, you need to have new ideas. And if people who play other servers see mineplex has a competitive side to it will make them consider playing it.

OP OP
  7. yeah but it's not the same as showing your rank over all other people who play server and not a small comp league

OP OP
  8. I personally am not a fan of adding ranked game modes to Mineplex. These are my two main reasons as to why I'm against it...

Splitting up the player base - I believe this is a common denial reason for similarly suggested ideas like this. Sometimes games can take minutes to fill as of now, especially the later it is at night on a weekday. To add an entirely different game mode inside of each individual game would split the player base into half, only making it more difficult for games to fill at a faster speed or even at all for that matter.

Toxicity - It's pretty obvious the word "competitive" doesn't always follow along with being nice or respectful to one another. I could see this getting extremely competitive to the point where toxicity would be very likely to spark in this area. It's a possibility and I would hate to see it happen if that were to be the case.

I personally feel there are better ways to make things more fun, just not this way.

Posted Sep 28, 2020