• 2128 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10566 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned RANK - Would you like to turn yours off ?

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Mystic 0440, Jan 4, 2019.

?

If you have a Rank would you like the ability to turn it off?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2019.
  1. I would not like to turn it off.

66.7%
  2. Yes I would like to be able to turn off any time I don’t want my rank showing.

23.3%
  3. Yes I would like to be able to not have my rank show when in all games only.

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like many Bedrock players and also Java players own Rank for our own personal reasons and like ownership of the Rank we have chosen with all the perks that come with said Rank. Mine, currently, is Duchess because I play Bedrock, I like my Rank ... BUT ... by having the Rank (whether you are a Level 8 or as I am a Level 85) we wear a target over our heads especially when we play a competitive game such as Turf Wars. When we play a game like Mob Arena our rank makes no difference to the game play because we are all playing together as one group/teamwork to kill the mob not each other so our rank doesn’t make us a target in these kinds of competitive games.

But going back to the games we are playing pvp, whether in a group against group form such as Turf Wars, or individual as in Survivor, or Sky Wars, having Rank show becomes a unfair game not advantage but disadvantage, because most players will target the Ranked person over a non-ranked person. Many of us with Rank in Turf Wars can say that they have 3-4 players aiming at them at one time and we know we wouldn’t if our Rank did not show, then our only reason for becoming a target is being a good player. I personally would rather be targeted because I am a good player vs just because I wear the Duchess Rank. Now, personally, I don’t have issue with being a target, if my teammates are using that to their advantage, meaning if I have 4 players focused on taking me out then I should have 4 teammates targeting those players because their attention is on me not them... but, of course it doesn’t always work that way or you could say rarely works that way and i stand on my own taking out the targeters.

My proposal is: If we were given the ability to turn off our Rank when going into game, we then have the option to wear our Rank or turn it off so we are not targeted just because we have Rank. I know some of you would not want this because you purchased your rank to wear through think or thin and want to show your Rank at all times. Then, there are those of us who also like having our rank ... but ... would like it off during games it makes us become a target in, but we either want to be able to switch off ourselves judging the game we are playing. Then, there is the ease of just having Rank be shutoff just like gadgets, morphs and pets are removed before going into all games.

I would really appreciate your input as to how wearing your Rank effects your game play and would you want that changed and so I have added the survey for you to provide me and staff our opinion as to how we feel about Rank and ingame play. So, please take a moment and do the opinion poll and if so chose, your opinion below. Thank you.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  2. I personally own a rank, not the highest, but nonetheless I own a rank. I play on Java Edition, not Bedrock so my experience can differ. I play a mixture of mainly Sky Wars and Mixed Arcade, so I get a piece of both team and PvP gamemodes. The first thing I would like to point out is that when you are in the game and playing, you cant see their rank, you can only see their name. I also have never been targeted and I have never thought about targeting someone who has a rank. I just dont really see the huge impact or effect this would have.

At the end of the day, I do not see this doing any harm if it was added, I just believe there is no reason to add this.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
  3. Thank you Lesot. Then there is a big difference between Bedrock and Java, so then my questions and survey should be directed sole to Bedrock Ranked players, because we do very vividly see each other’s Rank in game. The only time our Rank does not show is when we have to crouch and from my personal experience in Turf Wars crouching takes away from my shooting distance which is my gameplay advantage.

I would not have know that Rank does not show in Java, so thank you for that piece of information.

Because of the information about Java, please then Bedrock players should solely be the ones to respond to this question and survey. Thank you.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  4. Yea I would have to say the same as Lesot, playing Java Edition you just see the name tag above the players head. If you press Tab and see the list of players the rank shows there but that's it. I don't feel I've ever been targeted or anything personally.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
  5. I'm playing on Java. I have never felt targeted in any games. This feature, in my opinion, wouldn't be a top priority if they decide to add it.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    wOeuf // xOeuf likes this.
  6. I've played bedrock for a while now, and iveI had fuchess rank since July. I do think I've been targeted solely because I have a rank (usually players comment on my level), and if I have, I usually beat that player because I've gotten extremely used to and good at pvp on mobile, but I just don't think this is really necessary to have an option to hide your rank.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  7. Most of the time, players are targetted because of their level, not their rank. Additionally, when you buy a rank, you stick with it. And yes, I know that an option if given on mobile to change your rank tag, but to entirely remove it is pointless.
    -1 :(

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  8. henlo,

Personally, I find your idea understandable, yet not reputable. I rarely see players getting targetted for their rank and if this idea was to apply for anyone, it should be staff members.

-1 from me buddy

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  9. Yo,

I'll be moving this to General Idea Discussion as you're suggesting an idea.

As for my feedback, I personally wouldn't mind it however I don't believe it's necessary as I have Knight and when I play I don't get targetted or singled out, people just treat me as a normal player. For turf wars specifically - it would make sense if in certain lives you had 3 people shooting you, that's just how the game works because most of the time players are peek shooting and so players will switch targets and someone gets unlucky and has 3 crosshairs on them.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
  10. I guess this wouldn't be an issue to implement, but I think this was discussed before on enjin, for Java. I personally never experienced targeting due to having a rank (back when I wasn't staff), but yet again, I've never had a rank on bedrock.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
  11. I guess you just dont get it! If Java claims their rank does not show in game, that they only see name in game and to see Rank you need to go into the players list, thats where they can see the players rank in game.

Then the real question is: WHY cannot Bedrock have the same privilege?

I don’t know what games those of you who have shared play and if most of you responding are java ... then any point you want to make or you have contributed is mute... why? you dont have the same issue with your rank showing in game as we do in Bedrock. So the subject is mute to Java because you don’t see rank in game and only applies to Bedrock Ranked players.

You stated you never feel targeted that it just happens to be natural game play ... hummm, that may be your experience but it is not always mine or players I know. You say your more so targeted for your Level than Rank, well your level doesn’t show so the only way anyone knows what your level is if you open your mouth and speak. Then they will see your level shown with your name otherwise no one would ever know because it does not show in the players list. So in all actuality you have control over whether or not you reveal your level, you can speak and reveal it or play silently and keep it hid. That is exactly what I am talking about regarding Rank for Bedrock is we should be able to reveal it if we choose or keep hid. You, Java, have both these options already available to you ... all I am asking for is the same exact right for Bedrock. This is not about being a target and complaining that players do that, because I don’t care, it happens and I don’t leave because it does. I believe we should be able to not have our Rank show in game, just that simple and just asking to have what you Java already have available to you, it’s only fair to provide it to Bedrock.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2019
  12. Java players don’t have the option to hide their rank. Our ranks show up next to our ign in chat and in the player list. /hiderank is a command for YT, YouTube, Twitch, etc; purchasable ranks don’t have access to this command.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    Wiz_Techno likes this.
  13. It's honestly not that big of a deal to me in my opinion. It's the rank you bought. Why wouldn't you want to show it?

Posted Jan 4, 2019
  14. In my opinion, there is actually a greater concentration on killing players who have ranks, especially DUKE'S & DUCHESS'ES.
    I have the impression that they are the best in pvp and most dedicated to Mineplex because they have made an investment in the network.
    But I like my rating on my behalf, so I think this is very personal.
    My suggestion is to add a command to this, simply hide the ranks. This way players can choose between having the title or not having.
    It does not seem so complicated.

Posted Jan 4, 2019
    LucasGaamer likes this.
  15. Heya! Interesting idea you have here!

I actually saw this idea in another forums post, https://www.mineplex.com/threads/hiderank-command.6548/! In game, I do see a lot of players target the high rank players both physically and verbally, saying things such as 'why would you waste money on that rank,' and a hide rank feature would definitely help with this! As said in the post I linked, I think the best way to achieve this is with a /hiderank command, so that it's easy to access. However, I don't believe that this feature would have MUCH of an impact in the community, as targetting players with ranks is something that I think is pretty rare. Therefore, I'm not sure if I'd be worth our dev team's time to add this as a feature. Let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
    SaucyStyle

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    factionsBR likes this.
  16. I definately understand the struggle...although I don’t think people target me necessarily because I’m a duke, I think it’s a big give away (in turf wars which I play a lot) when you have a giant pink tag next to your name...and I believe people tend to gravitate towards it...definately when I play with my friends and they target me .-. ... anyways I’d like the option to turn it off...i don’t see the harm in putting it there. If you want your rank to show it’s all good and no harm done...but those who’d like to hide it have the freedom to...just my two sense

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  17. I don’t know why something so simple would be that difficult to provide Ranking players. The comment “ I’m not sure if it would be worth our dev teams time to add. “It is just a matter of a command to personally turn on or off Rank, no different then going to lobby or turning odd ones particle effects in game... so I disagree that it is a waste of time.

As Dovah14 stated he would like to have “ the option to turn it off and doesn’t see the harm in putting it there. If you want your rank to show it’s all good and no harm ... but those who’d like to hide it have the freedom to”. I agree it should be an allowed option.

I see most who chose to respond is java, and well java stated their Rank don’t show in game and so then their opinion as i stated before is mute. Here is a YouTube video clip showing how our Rank shows in game, we stand out and our Rank screams here I am shoot me... I didn’t buy rank to be a focus target when I play ... but everyone is caught up in why then buy Rank... I have my reasons no different than you but didn’t buy to show off nor to become a target.

All I am stating and asking for is to have that option available to use and I don’t believe it’s such a big deal for developers to incorporate as a command. So why not? I paid to have the Rank, why shouldn’t I and others have th option then to turn it on and off just like gadgets, particle effects, etc that we have and you give us tha ability to turn off and on at our whim then also include our Rank.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2019
  18. Hey!

Personally, I really don't think we should have the option to turn off our rank. We bought (or won in some cases) our ranks so it should be shown. The rank is nothing but a fancy prefix in chat and I really don't see a need to turn it off.

I highly disagree with this. I don't think players target other players who have ranks. Having a rank doesn't mean you are good or anything it just shows you supported the server. Majority of the people have ranks on the network so if that was the case. then the majority of people are apparently getting targeted because they have a rank.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't see the usefulness in it.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
  19. I asked for your opinions, and as I have previously stated, most of my responses are coming from Java vs Bedrock, and one of you on Java said your Rank doesn't show in game and another states the opposite, and I have shown it does for us in Bedrock, so your numbers your accounting for is more than likely Java accounting but really those numbers are not my point.

Yes, I have stated that I believe from my experience that having Rank show in game makes you more of a obvious mark than the non-ranked person next to me. That person could be the sharp shooter and the person being assumed shooting them is typically a ranked person because unless crouched your Rank shows, so aim for what you see or assume. When you see me shoot you and know I am the sharp shooter, even better for them, they just have to look for the Duchess Rank to find me. Targeting is not my point, you want to claim no one targets but that is fallible.

My sole purpose is to be able to turn my Rank off if "I" so choose to, you may not want to, that is your choice... now shouldn't this be a choice. I paid for the Rank, and why shouldn't I be able to wear it when I want when I believe it is not a difficult accomplishment to be done by our fine developers, they do it with cosmetics already but that is a automatic in game turn off.

You may disagree, and you may, but if it was made available then everyone who purchases rank would have the choice to do as they wish in game or out with their "owned" Rank. So, I am asking for that option... use it or don't but allow me to have the option and those of us who would use it. Period!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 9, 2019
  20. I don't think this is something that mineplex would want to do. Ranks are what pay for the work that gets done, the maps, the new games, and the fixing bugs.
    If people see less ranks it probably gives the impression of "why bother buying rank" if not many are showing with rank, when you see a lot with ranks, people are more likely to buy a rank like others.
    People don't usually see my rank, so I have people target me because I hit them a lot, and they want to get me back, I don't care about that anymore, it use to bother me, but it's apart of game play. People will target the better players because they are the ones killing their team.

Posted Jan 9, 2019
    SpookVegetables and Wiz_Techno like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.