• 1430 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4009 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Rank Removal

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by mab8400, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I know this sounds silly and stuff but I think it would be neat if you could remove/downgrade your rank. Someone was nice enough to get me a rank (I am so thankful by the way @Dynamic !) but I didn't actually want one because I don't really want a tag around my username. I suggest that there could be some small tweak where you can toggle your rank title from chat, tab, in game, forums, etc. Maybe in the /prefs options? Also, I think it would be wise to have an in-game confirmation so that there is an agreement between the player getting the rank. Thanks for reading!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  2. Wow you’re so humble xD

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  3. +1 should be an additional pref. Especially if your username is something like "bean_chip" it would now be ULTRA bean chip.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  4. Heyo!

I believe you can downgrade/remove your rank by creating a ticket by going here. The Support Team will take it away and you will no longer have a rank. (If someone bought the rank for you, not if you bought it yourself.) Thanks @jxcb <3

I don't see a reason to add a preference to toggle your rank as it's unnecessary. You can either create a ticket or just live with the rank, but I don't see a reason to add a preference for it.

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Dec 15, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 15, 2019
    °3° likes this.
  5. The idea has been suggested before and repeadeatly denied. If someone else buys a rank for you, you can follow what @spikecreates said to do and contact support. However, this method only works if someone else purchased the rank for you and you do not want it. However, if you purchased the rank yourself and do not want it anymore, Support will not remove your rank since you purchased it yourself.

The ability to hide your rank has also been suggested and denied. It would be too confusing to players to see a Legend on forums and then see a regular player without a rank in game. Additionally, because of the fact that the higher your rank, the more permissions you get to use, it would be extremely confusing to see a regular player (who is actually a Titan) hosting an MPS with 40 players, as they might not know what is happening that allowed them to be able to host that MPS.

Finally, the needing to confirm a rank purchase isn't something I am that big of a fan of. If someone wants to surprise you with a rank, I think that it's something we should not be stopping since it's out the generosity if them. If you end up not wanting the rank in this situation, you can create a support ticket.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  6. I don't agree with any of those points. If mineplex added a feature where you could hide your rank and you saw a player without a rank hosting a MPS, I would immediately think of the new feature. I wouldn't be "extremely confused". You could also just ask the player how they are hosting as a no-rank. As well, why does the confusion of someone having a different rank in game than on forums matter? Maybe I'm missing something here, and if so, please let me know what it is. But otherwise, I really don't see the issue here. This feature is already implemented on other minecraft servers and works fine so it shouldn't be too difficult to add in.

Furthermore, why can't there be a confirmation message in game? If someone surprises another player with a rank, they will still be surprised to see the message confirming the purchase. Plus, by doing this, the player isn't forced into having a rank if they don't want it and the buyer would be refunded. This ultimately avoids the whole support ticket thing from being a necessity.

Also
    repeatedly* C'mon man.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  7. Hello,
    Although I see why this feature could be useful, I do not think it would be a good addition overall. If a player buys a rank for themselves, there is really no reason for them to want to remove or hide the rank. If you buy a rank, you accept the responsibility of having that tag always next to your name in exchange for the perks and such. Even if there would not be too much confusion, it is best to avoid any at all. I personally feel that the small confusion this could cause outweighs the perk of being able to toggle a rank. In addition, as stated above, one can always make a support ticket if they wish to have their rank removed, assuming someone else bought it for them. Thank you for suggesting this, but I do not think it is necessary to bring this rather confusing feature in in order to solve a problem that is very scarce. -1 from me unfortunately.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  8. I get what you're saying but this would cause a lot of confusion of identifying who has what rank or if they don't have a rank, etc. Also, it's kinda useless to do it because if you have a rank then the rank should be shown. because it's also nice for people to know.
    This I actually really like the idea of. There are many issues where players buy another player a rank, and while that may seem kind, some people just don't want a rank. So if there was a way to detect that someone tried to buy you a rank, then a confirmation shows up asking you if you accept. If you don't, the money spent goes back to the buyer. In the end, this may not even be possible but who knows.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  9. Hey there!

Unfortunately I'll have to be denying this idea and marking it as "Not Planned" and will be locking the thread because it isn't really necessary and would make the ranks system too complicated overall. Development time needs to be prioritized, and this feature is not a priority for development.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message with a link to the thread.

Thread Locked // Idea Not Planned

Posted Jan 20, 2020 at 10:18 AM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.