• 1574 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6531 Players Online
  • 4957 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rangers overpowered broken

Discussion in 'Champions' started by MrSuperHaider, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Today, I was doing the capture the point and this ranger could jump far away from me and shoot me, and it's cooldown is like 1 sec, so he keeps do it. He even did it in 3v1 and killed us all with his jump away spam.
    Maining rangers.

Pls fix rangers seriously I am -snip-

Posted Apr 6, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 11, 2020
  2. I swear I am -snip- offfff, I just wanna quit htis game because of this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 6, 2020,
  3. "rangers are foes that snipes people from afar" not sniper probably rifle. FIX IT pls I am so -snip- off.

OP OP
  4. Hi there!

First off, I'm not super familiar with Capture the Flag. However, if you believe this is a bug, I would suggest you report it at this link. Also, please read through the Bug Reporting Guide as it goes over everything you need to know before filling in a bug report.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Damiennn and AspiringMod like this.
  5. Hey, I believe this isn't a bug but rather the way Ranger kit is played in CTF and Domination, I know it can be annoying but if you play the game a lot I'm sure you'll realize the kit has some weaknesses just like the other kits in the game and that it can be countered if you know how to.
    I suggest playing brute and using the flesh hook to hook him and force him to melee, but as I'm not the best Domination player I can't give you anymore tips about this, so my suggestion is to try and improve at the game, finding counters for the kit you believe isn't fair.
    If you still think the kit is overpowered, you're free to post about it in https://www.mineplex.com/forums/champions.10/ which is a sub forum for Champions, stating your points and opinions on why the mentioned kit is overpowered, and then you can have a healthy constructive discussion with other experienced Champions players.
    I hope I helped you :)

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    TGJTeunissen and Kisme like this.
  6. Hi,

I'm quite familiar with Champions, and I believe the skill you're referring to is named 'Heavy Arrows'. This is a passive skill for rangers which has the following features:
    • Your arrows move 20% slower.
    • Your arrows deal 20% more knockback.
    • Your arrows deal 2 additional damage.
    • After firing an arrow, you receive 30% reversed velocity (while not sneaking).
    Thus, this skill allows players to quickly move around. However, this also comes at a certain cost: you will not be able to snipe. The player you fought has probably been practicing with this skill for quite a while. Therefore, this does not mean the skill is unbalanced; you have encountered a skilled player.

If you believe the skill in question is in fact too overpowered, I can only repeat @Jo9711's suggestion: post about it here.

Have a lovely day!

TGJTeunissen

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Damiennn, Kisme and AspiringMod like this.
    • Inappropriate Posts/Threads
    no, this guy had two things, one that pushed him away and disengage wolf's fury. that is -snip- op nothing you can do about it. fix it pls

OP OP
  7. Hi there!

Like @Jo9711 told you, you are free to discuss this over in the Champions forum. Making a thread that contains constructive criticism towards something is always welcome. You can express your opinion and ask for others to express theirs. You can also make an idea suggestion in the General Idea Discussion forum where you explain throughout what you want to be changed and provide an explanation as to why the idea should be implemented. It might come to the server at some point! :) Also, please read through the Idea Discussion Hub Information thread before posting anything into the section.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day!

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    AspiringMod likes this.
  8. everyone 3v1 a ranger with tank gear from a clan called oh and see how op that ranger is.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020
  9. with your knight gear against him

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020
  10. Hey,

Everyone says the same thing as you are saying right now, and being a ranger main myself, I understand how annoying it can be to get one shot sometimes. For example, napalm shot with overcharge and long shot will most of the time guarantee a kill, which is something that needs work. Longshot has been a topic even before they added a cooldown to the skill. In this case though, you are talking about heavy arrows. Heavy arrows can be annoying, but it is far less viable than something like long shot or sharpshooter, especially if you can hit shots more often. Heavy arrows has the mobility, but it has a lot of weaknesses which makes it only playable in public dominate, rather than stuff like Clans and Competitive domination. While it might be annoying to play against a heavy arrows ranger, I'd advise playing defensive stance knight when playing against those players, or maybe play assassin with smoke arrow. I personally think some skills in ranger needs to be nerfed, but we don't need to kill the character all together. There are truly more overpowered skills than just heavy arrows. Hopefully though we can see more updates with champions, because it has been a while since that has happened. I don't want to say much about ranger, because I might be biased since I am a ranger main. GI for champions is always discussing possible fixes for this kit, so I would be patient. It is unfortunate though that you have to play through bow spammers with heavy arrows, even if that might take skill to pull off.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  11. I'm talking about the wolf combo with sharpshooter, that is so op

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  12. Yeah, I could understand a kit like pin down, sharpshooter, overcharge, agility or wolfs fury, and wolf pounce in ranger being very broken. There are definitely some underrated abilities in ranger, so I am happy you are bringing up sharpshooter, because often long shot is addressed as the overpowered ability. I don't know much about the game patches in the future with champions, but definitely ranger will be in that category of kits with a good amount of nerfs. I am sorry though if you are getting annoyed by people spamming cool downs on you, while you have nothing for counterplay, hopefully we can see an update soon with champions.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  13. and I am main sin, if you wanna try fight me come ingame call after me in clans 8

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2020
  14. A ranger is most likely going to shred you as sin, maybe go ice prison-void mage to trap them.

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  15. Ironically sin is more broken than ranger, you have illu sb and recall and then there's evade spam, there's not really a counter

Posted Apr 9, 2020
  16. I swear like sin isn't that op we're talking about ranger op as -snip-

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 10, 2020,
  17. While ranger may be op, try playing a kit that can take hits then. As sin you only have leather armor, so that may be part of your problem as well. Playing a brute that hooks like mentioned earlier could encourage someone to play a different kit so they stop dying. Since you can switch kits at spawn, simply make a kit designed to taking down that style of ranger. Personally, I have kits I go when I fight a build I know I struggle against.

Edit: Try a mobility on sin if you insist on playing it. Flash or blink. They can help you get up there and then you're in melee range to kill the ranger.

Posted Apr 10, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 10, 2020
  18. As someone who mainly plays Ranger with Heavy Arrows I've found that my most difficult match ups are against players using Defensive Stance or Block Toss. Since both of these abilities make arrows effectively useless I am required to drop into melee range which isn't ideal when playing ranger. Blizzard whilst on its own can't do much is surprisingly strong when paired up with a brute. Mages are effectively able to stop Heavy Arrows from working as a movement skill which allows the brute to either Takedown or Block Toss the poor ranger to death. As Assassin, sneaking up with Smokebomb can be very effective especially if you're using Backstab or Mark for Death.

This is just from my experience and I'm sure there are other strategies to deal with rangers in general.

Posted Apr 10, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 10, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  19. Yes it is lmao, it's not even funny. Illu sb is free hits, evade can be spammed and forces you to stop a combo which lets them get free hits, recall isn't hindered by slow anymore meaning they can recover HP for free, they get melee invincibility frames whenever they use flash or blink or smoke bomb or illusion, they have speed 2 and deal 10 damage per hit. That's absolutely enough to kill a ranger lol

Posted Apr 10, 2020,