• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10714 Players Online
  • 7824 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Randomize Parties in Champions

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Bobtroopo, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Over the years, Champions has seen a slow decrease in the number of players joining Dominate and Capture the Flag lobbies. Unlike the rest of Mineplex's mini-games, whose individual playerbases have remained fairly constant (besides Cake Wars, more information here), has slowly seen less and less players joining the lobbies. Why is that?

Most of Mineplex's gamemodes rely on new players to start playing since some older players are leaving. Since Champions is one of Mineplex's few hardcore gamemodes, it already is hard enough to learn how to play as a new player, but the reason Champions has had very low player-counts is due to parties full of high-level players joining lobbies and easily winning every single game. While this might be great for those players, this really discourages newer players, and gives them a bad impression towards Champions and perhaps even Mineplex in general. Creating an in-depth tutorial for Champions geared to new players will help solve the problem, but only barely. Same with creating a balance update.

For example: [​IMG]

Today 3 new players were invited to the community because they played CTF for the first time. However, the party on red simply did not give them an enjoyable experience as we lost 1 to 5. There was no chance of us winning, and this obviously does not leave a good impression toward Champions. This effect is even more prevalent in Domination, where the total number of players is 10. As soon as one player on the losing team rage quits (most likely a newcomer unfamiliar to the game) or one person friends with people in the party truces and cross-teams, it's a 5 v 4 where the 5 players obviously are much skilled and coordinated, especially if they are on a Discord call. Rage quitting yourself does nothing as most times there is only one game running, and even if there are more, there are parties in each and every single one of them. This is worse in CTF where most times there is only one lobby.

Another fun snippet of pub stomping:

There have already been a few suggestions to combat this idea like abolishing parties completely. And to cycle between TDM and CTF gamemodes. However, I feel like these aren't the best solutions to this important issue. For example, the abolishing parties thread was marked not planned because:

While cycling between TDM and CTF doesn't remove the problem of parties full of high-level players discouraging newer players to play.

I feel as though the most appropriate action to take is to randomize parties within Champions.

What do I mean? Players in parties will still be in a party, but they will be randomly assigned to teams unless they queue for a certain team.

Randomizing parties within champions will allow newer players to have a chance at winning, and give them a better feel for what Champions is like, and why many players love playing it. Implementing this will also allow players in parties to play with their friends. Unlike games like Cake Wars and Super Smash Mob Teams, there are only two teams making it so you will be able to face your friends. Personally, I like to versus my friends to get a feel of who is better and have bragging rights. If they don't want to fight, teaming currently is allowed with Champions, so that is always a viable option. Players in parties will still be able to use party chat to communicate privately with their friends. Overall, I feel as though this is the best solution in getting players back to Champions and keeping DOM and CTF alive.

Players will still be able to use the Sheep queueing system if they want to play with friends on the same team

Another option proposed @Mew is to randomize players in parties that are greater than 2. This could also be a viable option to allow smaller groups of players to play together on the same team while minimizing the chance of pub stomping.

Some points on the opposition:

No doubt it is fun to be in a party full of high-level players winning every single game, but does the joy come from playing with friends or from winning and spawn killing newcomers to the game? If it does come from playing with friends, although highly unlikely, this system will allow you to still play Champions in the same game as your friends, and you will still be able to talk through party chat. It will not hinder your ability to talk in Discord calls and overall have a great time. Like I said earlier, parties of high-level players easily beating players that are new to the game are discouraging those players to ever play Champions again. For example, I played Champions CTF for about an hour straight yesterday, with a 8-player party on red that was full of high-level players. Now I didn't quit because I was able to get a kill every now and then, but new players who probably wanted to see what Champions was like, definitely did not have a good experience. I don't think we won a single game yesterday. Every gamemode relies on new players to sustain the playerbase, and while we may be able to start games now, in a few months that may or may not be the case. Contrary to belief, I have played in parties, with over 17k Party Points. That being said, whenever I used to play Cake Wars with high-level players, we would often dodge lobbies that had similar high-level players. Why is that? Probably because losing isn't fun, and if you win, you definitely will have more fun. That being said, let's humor you, and say that the fun comes from purely playing with friends. This system will not hinder your ability to play with friends, you will still have access to whatever communication you use: party chat, discord calls, etc.

I fully agree that part of the reason, the Champions playerbase has declined was due to infrequent bug fixes and an insufficient tutorial system, but one of the main reasons is because of public stomping. Everyone who dislikes the amount of bugs and overpowered skills has already left Champions, and so the only reason left about why Champions is dying is pub stomping. Creating a tutorial system will help introduce players, but the pub stomping environment is not where geared toward helping players. Frequent rage quitting and trucing often introduce 2 v 1s, and other conditions that are not fit to help new players learn how to play.

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, Champions is a hard gamemode to learn. With an in-depth tutorial this will help introduce players to Champions, while this system will make it easier for newer players to learn the basics. Of course they will still lose sometimes, but this randomized party system will help players compared to the system in place right now.

This will happen, which is why I also encourage making cross-teaming in 2 player gamemodes a bannable offense, more information can be found here.

Defending this rule:

I believe the staff team is more than capable of determining what is cross teaming and what isn't. Trucing is not only a problem in two-team gamemodes, but solo gamemodes, where two friends might be trucing. Staff are already able to differentiate between the two different scenarios. Most, if not all, the questions you posed are already questions that staff members ask themselves when dealing with these types of rule-breakers. Also, like I said twice before, you can always use the sheep queueing system if you want to have a chance to continue playing with friends. I'm not saying this alteration will be easy for staff to deal with, but the current situation will not allow for Champions to gain new players.

You can also help keep CTF alive by reading this thread.

Feel free to write any feedback below!

Posted Jul 30, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 8, 2020 at 12:04 PM
  2. Hey!

You and I were just discussing this earlier, and I couldn't agree more. For beginners, it is almost impossible to play with parties that are really good at the game, all on the same team. Even for average players, the game is hard to win. I think this also deters a lot of newer players like you stated, as games aren't fun when you can't even win a single fight. I think this is a pretty big step in reviving Champions, therefore I'll be giving this a +1

Posted Jul 30, 2020
    Arshaad_73, aiirr and Bobtroopo like this.
  3. I agree with this, randomizing parties will help Champions start to regain its playerbase. Parties has been a problem in Champions as long as I can remember, so I think this would really help it. I do think that Mineplex should get the word out about this if this was implemented, so players would know that parties in Champions are no longer a problem.

My thread on rotating CTF and TDM is not meant to directly combat parties. It was intended to allow for TDM to become playable again, and grow the Champions community. I agree that it will not directly solve the problem with parties in Champions, but parties in TDM, are not as big of and issue as they are in CTF and DOM.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
    aiirr and Bobtroopo like this.
  4. I'll keep it short and sweet. I 100% agree with you, pub stomping is an issue in Dominate, and your solution to randomize team selection for parties in DOM would fix that issue. Outright removing parties in dom would be silly (it separates it from the rest of the network), but I feel that if parties within it were randomized in team selection it would make the game more balanced. Overall, a massive thumbs up.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  5. I've been playing Champions probably since 2016 and like people have said above, pub stomping has been around ever since I first touched the game, and probably even prior to me playing. I also think because of the lowered player count in the recent years it has become more and more prominent; becoming a bigger issue with the lack of lobbies to choose between. I can definitely see how people would argue over this defeating the purpose of friends being in a party, but at the same time I think in this specific game-mode it makes the most sense to randomize parties. A lot of lobbies that I have been in over the past few months wind up turning into '1v1 lobbies', and I think with the randomization it still compliments that passiveness in the Champions community while also allowing players outside of the party to have a more fair game. Overall I 100% agree with you and I look forward to seeing what other people think (specifically those who might be against this and why they are).

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  6. Yes, even do I am one of those people who plays sometimes in a party I totally agree with it. But however it is always possible to win against a party (by outskilling/classing/smarting them).

Anyway I agree with all the points you Made and Will for sure help Champions in General!

+1000000

Posted Aug 1, 2020
    Bobtroopo and Young_Inventor like this.
  7. Well completely randomizing parties doesn't seem like a good idea. How about limiting party sizes to 2. And if more people joined, what team they would be on would be randomized. So basically you will have a party with only 1 person while other people could be in the party, but they are randomly sorted to each team.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  8. Maybe if you made some friends rather than being annoying to the entire champions community, you'd be able to see the joy in playing with friends in parties.

Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 12:50 AM
    BecauseOfMySinz, Saigul2 and wowOK like this.
  9. I believe @Mew 's feedback can be a totally viable option, this will allow very close friends to play together, while making sure that the teams are not too balanced.

In regards to @KiteGodRoo 's feedback, no doubt it is fun to be in a party full of high-level players winning every single game, but does the joy come from playing with friends or from winning and spawn killing newcomers to the game? If it does come from playing with friends, although highly unlikely, this system will allow you to still play Champions in the same game as your friends, and you will still be able to talk through party chat. It will not hinder your ability to talk in Discord calls and overall have a great time. Like I said earlier, parties of high-level players easily beating players that are new to the game are discouraging those players to ever play Champions again. For example, I played Champions CTF for about an hour straight yesterday, with a 8-player party on red that was full of high-level players. Now I didn't quit because I was able to get a kill every now and then, but new players who probably wanted to see what Champions was like, definitely did not have a good experience. I don't think we won a single game yesterday. Every gamemode relies on new players to sustain the playerbase, and while we may be able to start games now, in a few months that may or may not be the case.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 8:19 AM
    Monfi, Young_Inventor and Arshaad_73 like this.
  10. People should be blaming minplex for letting the game die by not fixing bugs or updating it for years and never making a tutorial for new players to get into the game, not the players for partying in a team game. Also Bob has clearly never played in a party if he thinks the fun purely comes from winning games

Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 4:27 PM
  11. This is the shortest way that I can put it. If you request further explanation on any of these points, please by all means ask. Parties pub stomping wouldn’t be an issue if the game weren’t already dead. It’s a symptom of the death rather than a cause. Pub stomping in the old days was only an annoyance because of the massive set of champs games you could join at any time. Dozens of champions matches to pick from. Playing and coordinating with friends is the only real bit of fun that you can get from a game that is rarely if ever updated. Trucing is more annoying than pub stomping. Nothing is worse than seeing your teammate watch you get 2v1ed and killed. Randomizing parties will proliferate this issue and further degrade an already dead game, destroying what little player base is left and removing any hope of a restoration. If you want to see the game return, update it in a large way and market the update, adding new players and bringing old ones back.

Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 6:11 PM
  12. I first want to make it clear that I respect the concerns presented in this thread and in other discussions regarding the danger pub stomping poses to the Champions community in both DOM and CTF. In fact, I even agree to a certain extent that pub stomping can be an absolute nuisance when you aren't playing together with friends of your own.

***Before I get into the actual topic, I do just have one suggestion: consider the possibility that people are not always playing to win games. Don't get me wrong, everyone enjoys winning but that doesn't mean people like myself are partying for the sole purpose of winning every game we play. I party with my friends because it's fun to play with my friends and the common result of that is winning most of the games we play.***

Champions has extremely low player counts because Mineplex has extremely low player counts. It's not intellectually honest to analyze Champions in a vaccuum and refuse to account for the wider environment of the Mineplex network. The MAIN reason Champions has seen a decrease in players is because the server as a whole has seen a decrease in players. Why has this happened? That's a discussion for another thread and there are many, many, many complexities that would be brought into consideration to solve that problem. I don't want to address this issue here. Back to player counts:

This is a perfect example of an economic downsizing happening right in front of our eyes. When the population in an economy increases, so to does the demand for products offered directly to that population. Conversely, if the population were to decrease the demand for each individual product will decrease. In this case, the targeted products are the games offered on Mineplex (dominate, ctf, survival games, cake wars, nano games, paintball, super smash mobs, skywars, etc.), each catering to the same end goals of entertainment and socialization, and the economy is represented by all the players who actively engage on the server and play games to achieve these end goals.

The prevalence of pub stomping in games like DOM and CTF is not the root cause for the player-base dropping off the side of a cliff, but rather it's a symptom of the fact that they did fall off a cliff. As airr so aptly pointed out, pub stomping has been going on for YEARS - including, incidentally, through Champion's RISE to its peak in popularity, which indicates that the community could grow and flourish despite the presence of parties dominating their lobbies - but Champions only collapsed in recent times. Admittedly, I stopped playing Minecraft for about 1.5 - 2 years starting in the middle of 2017, so I did miss a lot of the action when Mineplex hit its brick wall. However, that doesn't change the fact that pub stomping was around long before that brick wall happened, meaning that it couldn't have POSSIBLY been the root cause of Champion's downfall.

You very subtly mentioned in your post the difficulty associated with learning how to play Champions and then proceeded to completely ignore that idea. I'd like to explore it. We are aware that there are 5 kits. And that all 5 kits have a default and 4 customizable builds. And that each build has a massive number of possible combinations of skill and abilities. And that each build also has a high degree of customizability for the hotbar regarding which weapon to use (and how that weapon affects the ability one uses), how many stews to add, whether to use webs or the proximity zappers and explosives, where each thing will actually be located in one's hotbar. Now take all that confusion, multiply it by 5, and put a new player into that mess. You REALLY want to sit there and tell me that this isn't a devastating problem? I do not think the system for building classes should be changed much, if at all, but I do think an explanation of how it works would greatly help new players get into the game. This could take the form of a comprehensive Forum post or a full-fledged tutorial video uploaded to Youtube. Whatever the format, I think helping new players understand the fundamentals of every skill in the game, how to build classes and how the game actually works (both for CTF and DOM) is the first step towards becoming more friendly to new players.

Finally, I think I've sufficiently made a surface-level argument as to why your assumption that parties are the reason Champions has died. I want to move on to discussing your actual proposal. First, let me point out that new players, without a basic understanding of the game, will have a horrible time regardless of whether they're playing against a party or regular people queued as solo players. Given that they have no idea what's going on, unless someone on their team or on the opposing team has a heart to explain the game (which I often do both when I'm queued with friends and when I'm playing solo), they're just going to walk out of their base, try to fight someone, get steamrolled and quit. I've seen it happen too many times. That is the unfortunate reality whether there is a party or not. It's not the party's fault that the new player can't win a fight. That's like saying that it's your fault that I don't know how to build things. If that makes no sense, I'm proud and you should consider that both topics are exactly the same thing.

Now, randomizing parties. The only thing this does is encourage people to truce more, which makes the game even less fun in my opinion. I don't enjoy trucing, which is why I usually tell my friends to fight me rather than pass each other by and ignore each other. If you take a party of friends who'd like to play with each other, there's no guarantee that they will actually want to fight each other and the likelihood that they will make a pact to ignore each other is significantly increased. What does this lead to? In my mind the direct result of this is that the 3 or so players on each team who are not in a party will feel heavily targeted by the extremely skilled players, which is exactly the thing you're trying to avoid.

Additionally, you mention that the party will be automatically sorted onto both teams relatively evenly. Fine. BUT. You also said the exception is when they queue for a specific team together. My hunch is that people will have no problem running over to those sheep and queueing for a team together, completely nullifying the process you've just tried to implement specifically to avoid them being put together. I will leave you with that.

Thank you.

Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 6:36 PM
    kznny, Saigul2, aiirr and 1 other person like this.
  13. Congratulations on writing your first forum's post!
    Diving right into it, what is death? It seems to me that if a game is dead, there would be no hope of it regaining its previous playerbase, and that there would be no players currently. That being said, I don't believe the rest of your post can be used as evidence for why randomizing parties won't help Champions. Feel free to elaborate!

I fully agree that part of the reason, the Champions playerbase has declined was due to infrequent bug fixes and an insufficient tutorial system, but one of the main reasons is because of public stomping. Contrary to belief, I have played in parties, with over 17k Party Points. That being said, whenever I used to play Cake Wars with high-level players, we would often dodge lobbies that had similar high-level players. Why is that? Probably because losing isn't fun, and if you win, you definitely will have more fun. That being said, let's humor you, and say that the fun comes from purely playing with friends. This system will not hinder your ability to play with friends, you will still have access to whatever communication you use: party chat, discord calls, etc. If you read my previous two posts on this thread, you would've seen me already adressing these concerns. Perhaps you can give new insight on your position, what you wrote seems awfully close to @KiteGodRoo 's post.

Hello Naytin!

Glad to hear you agree with me! Perhaps you can help reduce the issue by trying to avoid playing in parties. For your second point, see above. While it's true that Champions has also seen decline due somewhat to Mineplex's decline, it has been hit especially hard compared to other gamemodes. In your point mentioning aiirr, it seems you mistook what she said. While it's true that she said that pub stomping was a part of Champions back in 2016, the low player counts now are why Champions isn't keeping a steady playerbase compared to other gamemodes. I agree making a very in-depth tutorial to Champions will help a lot, but practice is what makes perfect! And practicing in lobbies where pub stomping and spawn killing happens every game is not practice at all. I disagree with what you say about new players having a bad time either way. I and many other players have stayed in Mineplex, probably because of us having an enjoyable experience in our first few games played. While it might be a small chance, there is a chance nonetheless that newcomers will have fun playing in Champions if parties are randomized. I understand that trucing will be more prevalent which is why I also suggest to making cross-teaming in 2 team gamemodes bannable. You can find more information here. In addition, thank you for reminding me! I completely forgot that friends will be able to queue for the same team, essentially the same thing as being in a party. It almost makes your entire previous argument useless. With that being said, other players will also be able to queue for teams, probably whatever team those high-level players join.

Thanks for providing feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 8:14 PM
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  14. I completely agree with you here. It is just one thing that I can point out here-
    Mineplex has basically not updated Champions in a while, therefore it doesn't really gain attention from the Mineplex community as a whole. With no attention and no updates, it means that the player count will start to dwindle. I think that there isn't lots of new players that come into Champions just because they think it isn't a good game. With little to no attention from Mineplex to the Champions game mode, no one really wants to play it. It is basically the same situation as Clans, a neglected game that only OG's or decent players will play. I agree that parties should be limited or abolished in Champions itself though, because everyone on the opposing team can agree it is just not fun.
    :D

Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 9:59 PM
    Young_Inventor and Bobtroopo like this.
  15. It seems like you ignored the majority of what I said in my actual post. I care little for arguing on the semantics of what we would like to call a "dead" game. It is the most commonly used term that I have seen used to describe the current state of Champions today, a state of the game which I think we can all agree is a rather unhappy one. True cross teaming in champions is essentially impossible, unlike in three team+ games where multiple teams can focus down one group. However, trucing is the issue. Rather than banning cross teaming, you are essentially getting at banning trucing. I dislike trucing as much as the next person, but it is essentially unenforceable. How are you supposed to determine when somebody should have taken an engagement or not? Do you warn people for being afk and not fighting? Do you punish people for not fighting someone they fear? Will you punish them for not joining an unfavorable engagement? All of these actions are distinct possibilities were you to ban trucing. As annoying as trucing is, it is a natural consequence when people cannot play with their friends. When people cannot play with their friends, they will likely choose to avoid them. Even if this happens in only 50% of cases, something I am not necessarily willing to say outright but I am being generous with granting for the sake of argument here, that is still a massive amount of people not actually playing the game in Champions.

You're asking to create more rules on a server that is already choking with them, is understaffed in terms of enforcing against real issues, and essentially creating more problems than solutions. This rule would lead to *very* selective enforcement as it would be very subjective as to whether someone is trucing or not. I do not want prosecutorial discretion on Mineplex any more than it already exists given the present amount of unpunished rulebreakers who commit the same exact acts as some who face week long+ mutes etc. Rather than explicitly stating all of this in my first post, I figured it was obvious as to how this rule would ruin the game and left it as a reductio ad absurdum argument, to be simplified as "randomizing parties creates a situation wherein further rules which are absurd would have to be made."

Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 11:54 PM
  16. I believe the staff team is more than capable of determining what is cross teaming and what isn't. Trucing is not only a problem in two-team gamemodes, but solo gamemodes, where two friends might be trucing. Staff are already able to differentiate between the two different scenarios. Most, if not all, the questions you posed are already questions that staff members ask themselves when dealing with these types of rule-breakers. Also, like I said twice before, you can always use the sheep queueing system if you want to have a chance to continue playing with friends. I'm not saying this alteration will be easy for staff to deal with, but the current situation will not allow for Champions to gain new players. While many players accuse Champions of losing players due to bugs and lack of new gameplay, updating Champions will most likely only keep the current high-level players. Please feel free to debate on the semantics of the rule change within the thread I linked above.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 6, 2020 at 11:59 PM,
    Last edited Aug 7, 2020 at 12:19 AM
  17. There always were games full of parties there was just a lot more games in the past. Alienating the remaining players is just going to lead to the game dying entirely. The problem with this is for the most part caused by the very same thing alienating people to the point where no one wants to play. I've played champions for most of the last 7 years and the main thing I see that brings the player base down is the lack of bug fixes and balance issues. I can remember when the player base started dropping when mineplex was way more popular during broken brute 5 years ago.

Imagine if they had taken as long to fix broken brute as they had to fix static lazer when it got buffed to 18 damage at level 6. Something that almost killed champions by itself. Just based on the frustration expressed by SamitoD in this video (The biggest champions youtuber so far) It's quite possible champions never would have grown as big as it was in 2014/15/16 with the lack of exposure it got from youtubers like Typental, lolboatz and SamitoD. Which brings up another reason why champions player base is so small, there aren't any real youtubers left to show how games are played, what kits you could use and how to use them. So players are left trying to figure out the ins and outs of a game while playing against experienced players who already know. All this randomized party idea would do is lead to experienced players getting put on teams with not experienced players until they get frustrated and no longer want to play anymore. Once that happens there will be no new players, no old players, and no exposure for the game.

The creator of this post Bobtroopo kicks people from the CTF1 community for playing in parties or for just not agreeing with him. He's (whether intentional or not) alienating the player base from the game by making the players in his community dislike or not want to be associated with the people who play in parties. Essentially he is manipulating these players into doing what he thinks is best but what actually isn't. You can't pretend like this isn't happening especially if he's inviting the new players in and impressing upon them 'partying in CTF is bad'. If you really want to fix the player base Bobtroopo you need to stop dividing it like you do now. I've seen one of your videos before where you made a 'Montage' that is not going to help the player base grow is really only there to inflate your ego. That being said I've given examples in this post of things that could bring the player base back. So go ahead and choose do you really want to save the game or do you want to kill it.

Posted Aug 7, 2020 at 1:36 AM
    Saigul2, Taxati0nIsTheft and aiirr like this.
  18. I 100% agree with what DietSugar has said in their post. There’s not too much hope in bringing back Champions as its playerbase is already so low. With the lack of lobbies there is basically no way to avoid parties. Partying has become sort of a meta for Champions at this point. Parties do not help Champions gain any new players, but they maintain the existing ones. The champions community is very niche and experienced and it is very hard to join it as a new player. However there are exceptions. In that video that Bobtroopo posted there is someone named Citied. He’s a friend of mine and he migrated from Hypixel and came to champions knowing nothing about it. With help from the community he is now in a clan and he is quite good at the game. With PvP experience and help from others I can see a lot of new players being able to join the community.

Now, turning direction to the creator of this thread, you are not really helping the situation Bob. It’s a really good idea at first to make a community dedicated to CTF, one of the most dead games, if not, THE most dead game on Mineplex. But you frequently kick, ignore, ban and mistreat players within the CTF community for very biased and personal reasons. Based on this factor alone one can assume that you are biased, immature, and intolerant of any criticisms and/or disagreement that anyone has towards or against you. If you cannot learn to accept that everyone has an opinion and certain playstyle, then you aren’t helping the plateau that is the player count of Champions. You treat the CTF1 com like StaffRequest. You give any staff that is in the com co-leader even though most, if not ALL, hardly play champions. This is biased behavior. Co-leaders of the dedicated CTF com should be real, active, and mature players that are experienced and knowledgeable in the game mode. Complaining about partying on one hand while excluding certain players for your own personal reasons on the other is very condescending of you, Bob. You complain about people harassing and bullying you, yet you exclude players who play with their friends, or as you call it “pub stomping”. By this you are dividing the community further. If you want to save the Champions community I suggest you grow up and start to include everyone rather than niche a select group who all agree with you.

Bobtroopo aside, I can say that we all agree that we need more exposure Champions. Most content creators whose content circled around Champions have either retired from YouTube, migrated to another game, or quit Mineplex altogether. However, this is not to blame. The neglect that Champions has received is very major. And if the staff team payed more attention to Mineplex’s most unique gamemode, we might have more attention. Champions is one of those gamemodes that needs constant attention: bug fixes, new maps, ability balances, patches, etc. Without regular check-ups, a game can become dead very fast , and Champions is an example of this. If we were to have a dedicated staff team, or staff that payed attention to Champions, we might see a rise in player count. I hate to say this, but with the way that the community is right now, we might not see Champions existing in a couple years. My whole Mineplex experienced has been centered around Champions, and with over 5k wins I would say I know what I’m talking about. There are multiple abilities that are still overpowered, such as Heavy Arrows, illusion, pin down, takedown, smokebomb, combo attack, block toss, and numerous other passives/abilities. Nowadays in champions, new exploits are being found regularly within every kit. This is a result of neglect to the community and to the game altogether.

This is purely my opinion. And I encourage any replies or criticism. This was my two cents on the situation. I sincerely hope that my voice can be heard. In conclusion the champions community severely needs a detox and all around polish. (I do want to create some new maps for Dom and CTF, so if anyone wants to make some with me hit me up :] ). The player count is at a plateau as of now and with the way we’re heading, we are looking at a very gradual decline in the near future. If we can somehow get Mineplex staff to patch bugs and make more maps, it would significantly aid the community. This is all I have to say. Take care everyone!

~Saigul

Posted Aug 7, 2020 at 2:42 AM
  19. I agree with you that Champions is in dire need of a update, and releasing a new update will give Champions new exposure. However, you state:

I'm not sure whether you have played a game of Champions by yourself, but I have for the past couple of months, perhaps years. Sometimes you have to lose once a while, the same ideals can be applied to life. I don't understand why you would be frustrated that you will have about a 50% chance of winning, it sure is very high compared to a 1% chance. Furthermore, most of the players on the opposition have stated that they want to be in parties to have fun, and that the fun does not come from winning but from playing with friends. From what you are saying, it seems that you only want to be in a party to win. I'm not saying that's bad, but it undermines the points of everyone agreeing with you up above. In addition, I'm not sure why you're saying new players will leave, especially if the game is more balanced and catered to them.

It is true that I kick players from the com, that are in 8-player parties full of very skilled players who refuse after multiple games to limit the amount of people in their party. I'm not sure why you're saying I kick who argue with me, as that isn't true. However, it is true that I'm trying to allow players to see what the impact of pub stomping on the Champs community is. Adding on, I'm not sure about this "montage" you are talking about, I only have bug and player reports on my channel lol.

Turning my attention to Saigul, while it's true parties may maintain half of the playerbase, the other half of the playerbase are people being pub stomped on, inevitably the half of the playerbase that will become non-existent if parties are kept the way they are. While it may be true, that in the current situation, one player may be able to creep up through the cracks and manage to become better, this isn't true for the countless of others. I'm not sure why you are talking about me on this thread, if you want to elaborate feel free to dm me on discord. Not sure who I have mistreated or banned from the community, and I will be more than happy to make amends to right any wrongs I have made. So feel free to give me some examples! I'm fine with players playing in relatively-small parties, but when it gets to a 7 or 8 player party, where the other side has no chance of winning, that's where it gets problematic. I always try to persuade these players to limit their party size, but it's when they ignore that I have to take action. While it's true that this system make exclude others, it's including any player who wants to see Champions revived.

Overpowered abilities and bugs are part of the problem, but not that pressing. I purposely do not see many of these overpowered abilites being abused, while many other bug exploits are punishable and dealt with swiftly. If you ever see a case of this, feel free to submit a report here, and also make sure to read the Reports Guide.

Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 7, 2020 at 9:02 AM
  20. This thread is becoming more of a tool to attack and insult Bobtroopo, and less of a discussion. I am aware that Bobtroopo sometimes makes decisions, that can be controversial at times, but he is just trying to do what is best for the CTF community. Just because you don't agree with his decisions, does not give you the right to insult him.

Posted Aug 7, 2020 at 11:40 AM