• 1596 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8990 Players Online
  • 7394 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Rainbow Immortal Color

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by IncredibleSpoon, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Hi Everyone, I was thinking that there should be a Rainbow Immortal Prefix like Rainbow Road sword name. I think the prefix would be cool.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  2. I have nothing against this. I think it would be excellent to add this in as a nice little Immortal perk. We could probably place this in the Immortal shop, as a nice little perk for the subscribers. I don't really know what else to add on, so I'll give the idea a +1. Thanks for the proposal! I'll forward it to IT so we can discuss this further. :)

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    Fusafez, PROSTONE and anna. like this.
  3. Hey!

This is a super creative idea that I can definitely see being added in the future. I see this more as a limited time event/monthly cosmetic for subscribers. I wouldn't have any issues seeing it added for everyone who gets Immortal, but this could also be used as a limited time cosmetic type of thing. Definitely something to consider if they do decide to add this. I'd be a little jealous of immortals for having a rainbow tag though, but other than that I see no downsides to adding this! :p

+1 from me!!

Posted Nov 29, 2020
  4. The idea behind it seems cool, but I'm not sure if I'm totally on board with it, I feel like the colours would be too random and messy for the chat. If it were to be implemented, it would look a little bit like this.

[​IMG]

Now on first glance, it looks quite nice, but think about it on the long run. Ranks are assigned specific colours to match what their position means.
    • Dark Red = Leadership/Administration
    • Orange/Gold = Moderation
    • Red = Youtube
    • Purple = Stream/YT
    • Blue = Builder
    • Other = Shop Ranks
    The rainbow tag doesn't specifically fit any of these categories, rather covers 4 simultaneously. I think with big servers like here, hypixel, cubecraft etc. they aim to keep their chats from looking too out there, this is probably because whilst younger audiences (theoretically) like more colourful things, the older audience (which is dominant on Mineplex's community front) wont see it as aesthetically exciting. It would also completely invalidate the use of /color if they had access to the rainbow tag, because it covers a lot of them in itself.

I'd only be for this if it wasn't a default thing for immortals, rather an immortal-shop item which costed a good few months worth of points (40k-50k) as you don't want it going too crazy and invalidating features that are already set. I think the idea you have portrayed lacks detail, I'm stuck on the following:
    • What is the benefit of this?
    • How would it be implemented?
    • How should it be designed?
    • How well would it sit with other already built in features?
    • What do you determine the community response to this change?
    As it stands (mainly for the lack of information), I'm going to vote in -1, for the reason that most of that I've said has had to come from theoretical information, this is something (to my knowledge) has not been suggested before, and for the sake of making the chat look normal. This may change as more responses come in, I feel like I've taken an overly aggressive angle to this.

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    BasicT, Eqsa, Laylq and 3 others like this.
  5. Heyo!
    Thank you for the suggestion most importantly. I seen the feedbacks to this idea as it has more positive than negative which is awesome! MachoPiggies made an excellent point that I didn't catch onto so fast. Rather the rainbow nametag does look lovely, it does take a good bit of color to drawn attention to the chat and make it lean to an unprofessional side. Each color given to a player is a key to their rank/position on mineplex. It does say Immortal yes, but the color legend could add confusion to newer players. There is good bit of color in chat already like cosmetics from chests, carl the creeper giving us a reminder, and even immortals joining chat, not to forget the ability to change the level number can be adding in there! I am not opposed but rather in between the idea of the suggestion. It would be nice to have for our immortal players, but can cause a change in the chat and rank formation.
    Thank you, have a good one!
    <3

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  6. Hi there,
    This sounds like a finominal suggestion/idea. Firstly, mineplex usually comes out with ranks once and a while, the next rank should be a rainbow colour topic/basis depending on what the theme on the rank is. Secondly, this sounds like a great idea. Weapon names, your name tag, cosmetics and many more should be a rainbow colour theme. Thirdly, this would bring a lot much more people to mineplex and will have a huge impact on the mineplex currency rate and the industry. This should make lot's of people jealous, due to the prefix, etc... I would defiantly keep this in mind. Something to also think about is that this does have an impact on the staff team. I say this because, each colour identifies one important aspect of mineplex, such as the orange can be identified as mods and red can be identified as admins and developers. If you think about it, this can be important throughout the server because it does have the special colours of the staff organization. Immortal and other ranks do not have the same colour/priorities as what the staff do. Other than that this is a great gesture and point that the mineplex community should think about. :)

-Justin/Ghost

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  7. This is a good point.

Posted Nov 30, 2020
    yvuggu likes this.
  8. I'd personally find it super distracting and a bit too much - as is, the changing prefixes are quite suitable and allow players to find a color that matches their style. Already having colored text in itself becomes quite much for my eyes sometimes, and adding a multi-color prefix would be an overload.
    I'm not very opposed to this idea, I just think it's a little out-of-hand for now :c

Posted Nov 30, 2020
  9. While this seems pretty cool at first glance, I definitely think that it would become extremely distracting in chat and could even be confusing for new players. If it were to be implemented, I think it should be an Immortal Shop perk worth a good amount of points (around 50000) so that it is not immediately available to everyone. Another thing to think of would be the effect it has on emotes (definitely should not also be rainbow colored imo, perhaps one solid color), as that would be an issue with consistency to consider). Though a great suggestion, I don't see it being implemented unless the immortal shop part is considered, but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Dec 1, 2020
  10. I think the Immortal rainbow tag looks fantastic, but as others have stated, this has its fair share of negative downsides. Even though this looks super cool, I do agree that it would look very flashy and clutter up the chat especially for staff who are trying to moderate the chat. This definitely shouldn't be available to everybody off rip, and if they were too add this, it would have to be something in the immortal shop to buy with points. The only way I could see this happening is if it becomes something very exclusive, otherwise if too many people have it this may cause players and staff to be annoyed. Awesome suggestion though, thanks for bringing this up!

- Lucas

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  11. My eyes would simply pass away~ although it is a good idea, it would get mixed up with other ranks.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  12. Animated tags would be cuter, but rainbow tags are definitely cute as well.

Posted Dec 3, 2020
  13. Hello,
    I personally would love to see this implemented as it would be a super cool feature. Having a rainbow prefix for Immortal as the weapon name "Rainbow Road" will be awesome. However, I think this would make the chat pretty messy which wouldn't be good as there would be random colors in the chat. I honestly think this wouldn't be an issue for some players but it would be for the other players who don't like many colors in the chat. I unfortunately would give this a +0.5.
    Thanks for taking your time to suggest this!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    yvuggu and Fusafez like this.
  14. Hey! This actually seems like a cool idea:) I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing something like this added!

Posted Dec 4, 2020
  15. An extremely in-depth response; I really don't think it's that deep. OP would simply like a rainbow tag. Plus - if players can see the colours they can also read. The tag wouldn't say Admin, just another Immortal. Dark red, for an example, is already a colour that is available for Immortals and yet nobody gets hung up on the fact Leadership has the same colour.

While I do think it could clutter chat and make it chaotic if given to everyone at the same time (since I can see a bunch of people would use it), I'm not against it being implemented into the server. Just not for everyone. As people mentioned above, it could be in the Immortal Shop. I would also make it be more expensive than many things there to reduce the number of people that would buy it - not to punish them but to savour the current cleanliness of chat.

If people are very worried about the significance of the colours that would be used in the rainbow, perhaps different tags, in the shop, could be added where instead of a rainbow it would be a 2 colour tag; eg. I in dark green, M in light green, M in dark green, O in light green...

Posted Dec 4, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  16. There are two sides with adding the rainbow Immortal colors in-game. I'm going to start with the pros side first. Having rainbow Immortal colors can be colorful to some of the players and fancier in my opinion. I really love the rainbow too because it's colorful and beautiful at the same time. I think I remember someone created an idea of having to add more level colors in-game, I think.

The only con side I have is that the chat can be pretty messy sometimes. It may hurt some of the player's eyes. I don't like having my eyes to become hurt later on. Yellow color can be difficult to read in general except for the in-game color. I can still read the yellow text in the Java and Bedrock platforms. However, I am not too against your suggestion.

I'm going to give it a +1 because players who have Immortal subscriptions can try it out! Awesome suggestion you have!

Posted Dec 7, 2020