• 1025 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10131 Players Online
  • 9106 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Racist Raiders.

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by LaminLoyalers, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In the past couple of days, the master builders game has been raided by parties of 3-6-ish players that have been trolling by building obscene images and text, and then all voting for each other in their party to ensure it wins. Examples include racist depictions of African- Americans, obscene language like "-snip-" and etc. I have screenshots from my encounter with one such party today, but will not post them to the public out of respect for younger members on the forums.

The names that I have managed to screenshot as proof are: -snip, -snip-, and -snip-. I will be willing to DM a mod if requested with the screenshots.
    I know this post contains obscene language, but that is because I want people like these banned from spreading racism on a family friendly server for a game aimed at a younger audience.

Posted Aug 26, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 26, 2020
    ilyLegend and Amg like this.
  2. Hi there!

I am so sorry you have had to witness this on the server. Unfortunately, some players don’t abide by the rules. The best thing to do is to make a report at Mineplex.com/reports in order to get the players punished for the uncalled for and inappropriate builds/texts. Make sure you include your screenshots from in-game. If you are new to filing reports on the forums, here is a thread that refers to the proper formatting; https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/ If you need any further help or have any questions, feel free to reach out to me!

Posted Aug 26, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 26, 2020
    LaminLoyalers and ilyLegend like this.
  3. Thank you for the link to report. I will begin to file the report.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2020
    Ruffybear and Amg like this.
  4. Thats horrible! Just remember you can always gather evidence, make them a YT video (how i do it), then submit it into a forum report. Forum reports never get ignored. PS if its racism/discrimination, they will be muted for a month or more on first instance and perm muted on second

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  5. I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this in your Master Builder games, but like said above you can do a forum report. I would just like to clarify

That this would fall under inappropriate gameplay which is a Severity 1 offense first time followed by a permanent ban if they continue.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  6. I thought they typed it in chat

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  7. @Paladise based off of what I've heard on what these players are saying this would be Discrimination.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  8. Wouldn't it be both if they were talking AND building? Or do the punishments not work like that

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  9. In the original post it states:

And @ mineplex.com/rules:

Hope this helps clarify!

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    Susie likes this.
  10. Hello!

As the other users have told you, please submit a report on these players @ mineplex.com/reports. You should refer to the official Reporting Guide before you do so, as it contains plenty of helpful information which might come in handy when filling out the form. Screenshots are sufficient for evidence when it comes to inappropriate gameplay, but you couldn't forward them to a Moderator directly as the proof has to go through the reporting form. I do apologise for this encounter you had and unfortunately there will usually be players who try to ruin the game for others in this way. Just continue to report them, as when a player accumulates two or more inappropriate gameplay bans, the Rules Committee team might decide to permanently ban them.

In the example the OP provided, the players are physically building discriminatory slurs, which renders it a Gameplay offense and not a chat one. This would suffice for a Severity 1 Gameplay ban according to the rules @ mineplex.com/rules as it falls under inappropriate gameplay. To take your example, though, if they were being discriminatory in chat and in their gameplay, they would be punished for both. Gameplay bans would typically be shorter than the duration of a Severity 3 mute so this is to ensure they'd still have an active mute when they're unbanned.

As all questions have been answered, I will now be locking this thread. If anyone has any further questions regarding that, my PMs are always open and you are welcome to message me anytime. You can also contact a member of Reports Patrol if you have any questions about submitting your player reports - a list of us can be found @ mineplex.com/subteams.

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Aug 26, 2020
    anna., whalker, ItsFree and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.