• 178 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5160 Players Online
  • 4982 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Race To The Roof

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by WhyJustY, Sep 6, 2021.

1. All of the players are in a giant tower, where they have to get to the rooftop before anyone else can. They can knock each other off, but they cannot deal damage unless they fall into the lava, which rising throughout the game. The further the players are away from the lava, the faster it goes, but the Lava has a minimum speed, so that players can't just stall the game. The game ends when someone reaches the top, and that person is automatically marked as first. 2nd and 3rd placers are based on their vertical position when the game ended or when they fell into lava.

Kits (if they even should be here):
    Slower: Can stay in the lead for lots of time.
    Has 8 webs. Slower can place them down anywhere to slow people behind them.
    Pearler: Easily catches up to other people and can make quick recoveries.
    Gets and ender pearl every 15 seconds.
    Ranger: Can ruin someone's day from a mile away.
    Gets a snowball every 4 seconds, max 16, starts at 8.
    There was going to be a kit called "Brawler" here, but I scrapped it since people could use it to disguise anti-kb.

EDIT: I came up with this system called "Knockback Points"
    For every hit you take, you get more knockback points. Every knockback point you have make you take 0.5 blocks more knockback, which stacks up to 10 times. After 1 second, your knockback points reset.
    Also, to describe the tower I was mentioning, it would have a giant staircase with multiple paths and a lot of parkour elements.
    Also also, there should be a seperate Anti-Cheat that is very simple compared to GWEN, but also strict since hacking would obviously be a huge problem here.

Posted Sep 6, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 11, 2021
  2. Unfortunately, the first thought I had with this game is that it would be extremely easy to win as a hacker. I know hacking gives an extremely unfair advantage in every single game on the server, but for other games like CW, it's easier to combat a hacker and have a chance at winning despite the unfair advantage. For this, if you're just climbing up a tower, fly hacking could win it instantly, or anti-knockback could ensure a win every single game. Again, I know hacking is a problem in every game, but this seems especially frustrating for that potential.

I would be on board if this is added to NANO, as it doesn't seem like a game that would need to last a long time, and could get boring if it's drawn out too long. King of the hill type games usually seem short because if you get knocked to the bottom, you essentially lose the game right then and there. It's more about luck in my opinion, so it seems best suited as a short game placed among other NANO games.

Posted Sep 7, 2021
    Mr.KOCMOC and anna dot like this.
  3. Adding this to NANO seems like a good idea, but for that, the lava mechanic should probably be removed. The worst problems I was thinking of was how similar the game was to dragon escape and it would be very frustrating.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 7, 2021
  4. I think this game would be a great addition to NANO games. However, I'm not sure if the kits could be used, because I don't think any NANO games have kits. If this was implemented into NANO I think the game would actually be more similar to Hardcore Parkour in the NANO sequence (although Hardcore Parkour is similar to Dragon escape), as not everyone finishes the Hardcore Parkour every time.

Posted Sep 7, 2021
  5. bump because edit

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 11, 2021