• 2404 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8870 Players Online
  • 6466 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Questions about bans

Discussion in 'Help' started by Lexified, Jul 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello,
    I hopped onto Mineplex halfway through last month to check it out after being gone for a while and I immediately got temp banned for 5 days for using cheats/hacks. I submitted an appeal because I did not have any hacks, cheats, or even mods installed on my computer when I joined. In my appeal, I asked if it could have been because I think I accidentally downloaded something bad when I downloaded a fake version of optifine but I never got an answer about it. The appeal also got rejected because I didn't have what they were looking for on it. Then today, I joined again to see if I could get on because I'm in the mood to play some minigames, and I got banned again but this time for 15.7 days. It was while connecting and it says for BunnyHop? Again, I'll submit another appeal but I'd really like to figure out what keeps getting me banned because I don't know what's wrong and want to fix whatever it is.
    Thank you and I hope that I can fix this issue because I miss playing on Mineplex.
    IGN: Lexified
    --- Post updated ---
    Edit: I read the ban appeals guide and since it's less than 30 days I can't appeal but I'd really like to figure this out still.

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  2. If your ban message says “BunnyHop” you were banned by a staff member, not by GWEN, if I had to guess, I’d say you were reported for cheats and you were spectated by a staff member, found to be cheating, and banned. I’d trust staff judgement at this point, so you were probably cheating, in my opinion.

Posted Jul 4, 2019
  3. If your ban says a reason such as bunny hop then you were probably seen by a Mod bhopping or the anti cheat caught you moving in ways you shouldn't. Not much you can do other than appeal it since there really can't be proof that it was a faulty optifine. Best bet is to appeal it and explain it the best you can, maybe a staff member has proof of your bunnyhop then im afraid there is nothing you can do about it.
    Have a good day - Justin

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  4. Okay, thank you for your information! So since I literally have no clue what that could be about, what should I do to fix it? Like I don't know what could be on my game that would be hacks and I haven't been actually on the server for months. I've deleted and redownloaded my game and took off all resource packs and my optifine. I'm getting a little frustrated about it because I'm genuinely confused about why it keeps saying that I'm hacking when I'm not. I'm very willing to do whatever I need to do to fix this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 12, 2019
  5. Hey!

Okay so to begin with, your appeal should have ample evidence that you were not using any cheats/hacks/mods. Secondly, the reason your ban time went up is most likely due to the fact that at first, a Trainee banned you. When first starting, Trainee's only have the power to ban you for a few days, once the ban is reported to a Moderator or their mentor, that staff member will move up the punishment to its correct duration/severity.

Hope This Helped!
    -Nick

Posted Jul 12, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 13, 2019
  6. It did help! Thank you! So should I take a screen recording of my Minecraft folder on my laptop? I don't have any gameplay footage or anything so what could I use as evidence?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019
  7. Hello,

I'd assume your first ban may have been GWEN, as a Trainee only has the ability to punish for 1 day at a time (I think). Your second ban, on the other hand, was most likely by a Moderator as others have mentioned. In order for you to have been punished, evidence was required; meaning that there's video proof of you hacking with bunny hop. It really all depends on what the actual punishment states, as it could've been through a forum report, SR, GWEN, etc. More information would need to be provided in order to determine what it was that got you punished this second time.

If you honestly don't have any clue how these bans keep happening, and you know that you haven't done anything involving hacks, there may be an issue with somebody else having access to your account. My suggestion is to change your email address and password and set up two-factor authentication to limit the risks of someone else having access to your account. To appeal a ban for a compromised account, follow the instructions listed in the Punishment Appeal Guide under the section titled "Compromised Account/Bot Spam".

Something you mention that is concerning to me is the "fake version of optifine" that you've downloaded. If it was not downloaded from the official OptiFine website (www.OptiFine.net), then chances are wherever you downloaded it from was not safe. Because it was probably not safe, and because you used your Minecraft account with this fake OptiFine, that may have resulted in other people gaining access to your account via this fake OptiFine. Again, this could have lead to a compromised account in which someone gained access to your account and then hacked on it, resulting in your punishment on the server.

Don't worry, you should be able to appeal this ban as it's probably due to a compromised account and not because of actions that you personally took. As long as you follow the steps given in the thread I linked and provide proof of ownership and password change, your appeal should be accepted. I'm not 100% sure on this, though, so hopefully someone else can confirm that for you.

Have a good day. I hope that you get this whole thing sorted out.

Posted Jul 13, 2019
  8. Okay, I'll check out the compromised account link! Thank you so much for your help and information. I hope that I can resolve this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019
  9. I'd send a report here.

Posted Jul 14, 2019 at 9:29 AM
  10. It does sound like someone else had access to your account if you're positive there's no way you could have accidentally or purposefully used an unfair advantage. Because of the multiple punishments, and you mentioned at least one was from GWEN (5 day bans are usually GWEN) and one from a staff member ("Bunny Hop" would only show up in a staff punishment), it's highly unlikely that the account was not in fact hacking. So I would be pretty positive the account was using unapproved client modifications. Again, if you are sure this was not you, your account is not secured and someone else was using it without your permission. Checking your email for notifications from Mojang would be one of the best ways to prove this, but if you didn't receive a "Suspicious Activity" email, there are other routes you can take to ensure you can be unbanned in your appeal. Here's some links:

Appeal
    Appeal Guide
    Compromised Account and Security FAQ

defectuoso provided very accurate information in the following snippet:
    I wish you luck in your appealing process. You can message a member of the Forum Ninja team if you have further questions related to your appeal. Forum Ninjas can be found here under the "Forum Ninja" header.

For now, this thread will be locked as sufficient information has been provided and the problem seems to be resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, feel free to DM me!

Posted Jul 17, 2019 at 1:02 AM
    defectuoso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.