• 99 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2459 Players Online
  • 2360 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Question to casual players

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Pillowbro, May 6, 2021.

1. Hello everyone :)

This may sound weird, but I would like to hear about the casual players opinions on kits in SG. ¿Which kit do you feel is the best? ¿And the worst?
    If you think you are not that good or you are just "ok" at SG or you sometimes play it just for fun, please answer this question.

Thanks! ;D

Posted May 6, 2021
    Daye and Aaron. like this.
  2. I use Brawler (or whichever one has the ground pound). That's really the only one I've tried. I've used Axeman obviously but I find that stacking my hotbar with axes doesn't really fit my playstyle. Others like beastmaster or necromancer didn't seem useful, and I haven't tried out the achievement kit to be honest. Hope that helps :)

Posted May 6, 2021
    Aaron. and Pillowbro like this.
  3. The kit that I use most frequently in Survival Games would probably be Barbarian. Although, when I played the game more heavily, I would say I was more of a versatile kit type of player. Each game I selected different kits depending on my opponents and/or the map. My least favorite kit would easily be Warlock because I personally feel like it’s very underwhelming for an achievement kit. I know there was controversy over Horsemen when it was still in the game, but I honestly liked that more for an achievement kit when it’s compared to Warlock.

Posted May 7, 2021
  4. Honestly, this varies depending on whether we are talking about the Survival Games Solo or Survival Games Teams game-mode.
    In SG teams, I like using the Barbarian kit as Cleave helps a lot in 2v1 situations, which you will have to face in case your teammate dies or is not nearby when you are attacked.
    In SG solo, personally, my favorite kit is Knight. You could argue that Brawler or Axeman are better if you are good at using them, however, I just really like the ability to damage someone, slow them and blind them by right clicking my sword on them. However, as I said, brawler and axeman are equally good if an experienced player is using them.
    I could be considered a casual player since I only have around 400 wins and a lot of losses (due to the fact that I played a lot of old SG), so, in my opinion, knight is a very good choice if you understand its abilities and limits.
    Hopefully I helped, have a great day!

Posted May 7, 2021
  5. As a dedicated casual player, I believe Warlock is the best kit and there's no contest about it. The only kit that competes even remotely above Warlock is Assassin indubitably.

These kits have incredible abilities such as Warlock's Repel (which gives one heart of regen in the case that it lands), and Assassin's Backstab (which is rarely ever used in 1v1 situations)! I hope this helped! All casual players like myself should also adopt the Assassin and Warlock kits.

Posted May 27, 2021
  6. Thank you, Josh, very cool.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 27, 2021
  7. I am pretty much what you would consider a casual player, so I wanted to provide my opinion here.
    I usually really like using the Axeman kit, as you are able to deal damage from range without having to charge your bow, and I actually find the +1 damage on axes to be very useful too.
    Other than Axeman, I really like using the Brawler kit as you are able to use it in a lot of situations to either win the fight or escape it. I sometimes try to use the ground pound as a way to push people off me and escape a fight that I cannot win, or if I think that I can win the fight that I am having I can try to deal extra fall damage by using the ground pound and also break people's combos.
    The barbarian kit is a really great choice in SG teams as cleave is very useful in 2v1 situations that you are most likely going to face in that game-mode.
    Have a great day!

Posted May 27, 2021
    Pillowbro likes this.
  8. SG was the first game I played a ton of when I joined the server, and iwl I abused Ground Pound. I only ever played Brawler. It's super fun to try to hit people off ledges or grand heights with the ability, and I still use it to this day. I've tried pretty much all of the other kits, bar the achievement ones, but Brawler is certainly the most entertaining.

Posted May 27, 2021
    Pillowbro likes this.
  9. If we are playing survival game teams, I must choose barbarian kit. The double hit aura ability is just too op, it's pretty much free killaura. Plus, it has its benefits for solo's, especially the pull towards feature (vortex). It's good to use to throw players off guard, or even lure them into lava or off a cliff, making it one of my favourite kits to use.

Posted May 27, 2021
    Pillowbro and StyxKiller03 like this.
  10. Although I'm definitely not a casual player, I can definitely answer that Axeman is the best solos kit and Barbarian is the best teams kit. The obvious reason is that the kits are overpowered.

The most balanced kits right now are Knight and Brawler.

Posted May 28, 2021
    StyxKiller03, waf and Pillowbro like this.
  11. I play Survival Games here and there time to time, and I initially only used brawler till I started using Barbarian. It is definitely overpowered to use in a teams game, especially when you are the only one left - Cleave is insane and can really come in clutch. I also really love using vortex, as there are so many different scenarios you can use it in - whether it is to pull in a player, throw them off a cliff, or get out of a tough situation, the kit just seems extremely versatile. I also have enjoyed using Brawler in the past, but I will still be biased and say Barbarian is the best.

Posted May 28, 2021
    Pillowbro and incerts like this.
  12. pls buff axeman to make it usable for us casuals thx

Posted Jun 19, 2021
    mab8400 and Aaron. like this.
  13. Where is the dislike button?

Posted Jun 19, 2021
    StyxKiller03 and Joshokitty like this.
  14. Best: brawler
    Overrated: beast master

Brawler can shoot your opponent off the edge if close enough due to them getting flung into the air and taking kb, potentially dealing extra dmg to your opponent without having to get close.

Beast Master spawns in a wolf for you, but is typically down in three hits, additionally taking a while for it to respawn. Furthermore, when the player right-clicks to wolf strike their opponent, it easily gets stuck by blocks or slabs, most of the time not even activating when recharged, leaving you wide open for an attack against your opponent.

Hope This Helped!

AlphaCringe1

Posted Jul 18, 2021
  15. cant remember the last time there was a sg lobby but should buff axeman for sure

Posted Jul 20, 2021
    waf likes this.