• 168 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5145 Players Online
  • 4977 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Question for Youtubers

Discussion in 'Technology' started by VoidNnja, Jul 6, 2021.

1. What recording and editing softwares do you guys use? I’ve been asking around because I’m gonna be starting YT soon. I’ve tried OBS for recording, but I don’t have a dedicated GPU at the moment so the frames I get while recording (not ingame but for OBS) barely come close to 20fps, so I just use Xbox Game Bar at the moment. For editing I use DaVinci Resolve 17, but it only lets me set video playback to 30fps, even though XBox gamebar can record up to 56fps. When I try to set playback at 60fps, the clips become very choppy.

So what editing/recording softwares do you guys use? And any ways to fix my problems?

Posted Jul 6, 2021
    BlazeFire likes this.
  2. Editing is Filmora it’s like 60 a year or 150 for a lifetime , just amazing

Posted Jul 8, 2021
    TheMuffinM and VoidNnja like this.
  3. In my opinion, I would recommend Movavi suite (or its screen recorder, not gecata) a try because it is pretty helpful in both recording and editing cases (with really great quality) and it uses really fewer resources, so I would highly recommend it. You can try with the trial version, moreover, I have tried it with my games and software many times, plus from the test of many recorders I have used, only this turned out to be the best on the other low-end computer that I use for testing purposes.

Before recording, make sure to go to the settings > Video > and change framerate to 60 and enable hardware acceleration, if you have any. It will boost out your record speed as well uwu.

Hope this helps!

Posted Jul 18, 2021
    cove_, VoidNnja and Kindnessaj like this.
  4. I record using OBS and have it output to MP4, but before that I used Fraps for recording.
    For Editing I used to use Lightworks but now I use a Sony editor.

Posted Aug 9, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.
  5. I am not a youtuber myself, and I don't do any video creating. But from my past experience with ediitng softwares. I can tell you that sony vegas and adobe premiere pro are both great video editing softwares. However, the price is significantly more expensive if you are paying the full price at once for "sony vegas" since I don't think adobe premiere pro offers a one time pay. But if you were going to pay monthly for either program, it would be similar to other editing programs, just a lot more money long term. I hope that this helps!

Posted Aug 10, 2021
    coconut and VoidNnja like this.
  6. On Mac, screen record with QuickTime. On Windows 10, use the Xbox game bar screen recorder. They're high quality, easy to use, built-in, and there's no watermark or time limit. Why use anything else? I edit with Vegas 11 and have years of experience with it, but you won't be able to get your hands on something like that, so I'd honestly just recommend iMovie or Filmora.

Posted Aug 27, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.
  7. I use OBS for streaming and have the same fps issue- but I dont know what computer terms mean and don't know how to fix it so I also use the xbox game bar for recording clips and then I just glue them together using a free program called ShotCut

I also have not really experimented with it and have no idea what all features it has but it works for the current videos that I create haha

Posted Sep 7, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.
  8. OBS is great for recording, but if you don't mine a watermark, I used Screencast-o-matic for my first year or so of youtube, but it has a 15 minute recording limit

and OpenShot is a great free editor and simple to use

Posted Sep 7, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.
  9. I use Streamlabs/OBS for recording, I suggest you mess around with settings (find some online) because even back when I had my 10 year old laptop I was able to get little to no frame drops when recording - the biggest issue I had was washed out colours, hence I used to use Fraps as well. Sadly, that was costly and had massive file sizes, so I haven’t used it for the past many years. Loyal OBS user now, much better with my pc.

For editing, I use Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro. I didn’t pay for any of them. I have also used a few genuinely free programs in the past but I much prefer the above as you can have a lot of fun with editing. Happy content creating!

Posted Sep 8, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.
  10. I use Nvidia ShadowPlay since it comes with my graphic card (GPU), however, if you don't have that use either Bandicam or xbox gamebar. Those were very helpful to me early in my Youtube career and worked fantastic. I use OBS only for streaming since OBS gives you so much creativity on streams. For editing I use Sony Vegas 14, which can be a bit pricy but its worth it. If you want free alternatives, I would stay with DaVinci Resolve 17; since it is free and gets the job done. Good luck making awesome videos mate!

Posted Sep 10, 2021
    VoidNnja likes this.