• 1365 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3449 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Question: Are reach hacks bannable?

Discussion in 'Help' started by _x3, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just wondering, i dont actually have reach, but i usually see people with it.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  2. Hey!

So reach is cheat that gives the player using it an advantage over others, because of this, using reach is bannable. If you would like to report the players you saw breaking the rules (you can find the rules here) you can do that here. Make sure you have evidence of the player cheating before you report them. This includes media of them cheating and their name visible to staff.

Hope This Helped!
    -Nick

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  3. To add onto the response above...
    Reach is bannable, however, normal moderators cannot punish people with just reach. Only Sr Moderators on the QA team (Quality Assurance) can ban for reach. This is mainly because it is difficult to look for.

Hence why you might see more reach hackers in-game. Only QA members can punish them so it limits the amount of helping hands.

Click here for a list of QA members: https://www.mineplex.com/staff

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    anuenue and Recon like this.
  4. Most likely they are bannable. It doesn't upgrade the player's gameplay legitly.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  5. As stated above, reach is bannable because it's an advantage over other players.
    Although reach is bannable and punishable, moderators cannot ban for it. The only ones who can ban for it are SR.MODS ( QA= Quality Assurance). Feel free to report the people you think have advantage over the others.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  6. Reach provides an unfair advantage in PvP and makes it easier for a player with it to win. Because of this, no it is not allowed on our server. You'll mostly see unlegitimate players banned for reach through either a self-report - they upload a video of themselves with the hack - or through a Quality Assurance member using their resources to determine that reach was in fact in use. Unfortunately, we don't accept third-person (spectator) evidence for reach offenses.

I'd like to plug our new GWEN Dev - ToonBasic who was just hired to work on our anticheat within the last month. I'm looking forward to new updates being pushed to GWEN in the near future! I'm sure Toon is aware that reach is a large issue on our server, so I'm hopeful there will be a fix in a future update.

This thread will be locked as the question has been answered. If you have further questions or concerns, feel free to DM me with a link to this thread!

Posted Jul 16, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.