• 707 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10719 Players Online
  • 10012 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Question about CW.......

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by Jamal_Lamar, Apr 19, 2021.

1. How to win? I always get matched with CW tryhards. there is nothing I can do HOW TO WIN.
    I just got 1 lucky win yesterday, usually I can beat most people in gladiators easy though, like very easy.
    SO CAN HELP ME.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Da_One and Orangey like this.
  2. Usually what I do is play EU mornings/afternoons where there's less of them, or I just dodge game lobbies until I get into a balanced lobby. I also always play with a party, that way I can communicate to them properly rather than going solo.

For actual game strategies, personally I play Builder and always rush beacons at the beginning the second I hit 3 bricks to buy 16x wool. I go emerald beacon first and then mid after. I play defensive after or just stick with my team and go pushing on people. We get obsidian as quick as we can too.

I get Rune of Holding whenever possible since I easily die in 1v1s and don't wanna lose all my stuff. Then I pretty much stack up on armor, ender pearls, sometimes a bow and arrows, etc...

As for nether stars, I always get Resource Generator I then Sharpness + Armor, then more Resource Generators when possible. If the start isn't going to well I go Sharpness I first.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  3. Hello!

The best way that I learned was watching other try hard teams after they've crushed mine, rally up my friends, and try to do the same thing. Once you've gotten your technique down, it's just about honing your skills individually (pvp, bridging, speed, etc.) and then learn how to communicate better within your group. Through observing other really high-ranking groups, I think you could learn a lot!

Thank you and best of luck!
    TigerGoesGrr

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    primitlve likes this.
  4. Play with a party.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  5. I love how well that post matches with your signature.

But yeah, I have the same advice. Just keep retrying until you het a good team.

Posted Apr 22, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Apr 23, 2021
    user60a6e78b3cfbc likes this.
  6. common saying, but just practice :).

game sense and tricks can be learned over time, especially as you become more comfortable with the game. I say avoid heavier lobbies with a lot of ranks/tryhards since it'll be harder obviously lol. Try and have fun with it, it's just a game, don't worry about winning too much! <3

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  7. hax

Posted Apr 23, 2021
    Mothy and StyxKiller03 like this.
  8. Your signature

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  9. aight bro so this might be too big of an idea for you to understand but maybe just maybe having a party of 4 individuals just might give you more of a fighting chance than playing solo y'know, this tactic works 90% of the time. just dodge lobbies with closet cheaters (so like 95% of lobbies xd)

Posted Apr 23, 2021
  10. Hey,
    I thought I would just lay out a few ideas in dot-point form.
    • So as a player that has perhaps too much experience in playing solo Cakewars, my best advice would be finding parties to coordinate with. This can be done through the Mineplex discord, Immortal's community chat or any Mineplex lobby with enough players.
    To join the Mineplex discord:
    Navigate to Mineplex.com -> Click "FORUMS" at the top -> Scroll down to the "Mineplex Discord" box on the right -> Click "Connect"
    • It always helps to use the chat function in-game. I really appreciate a player who always communicates with other party/team members; The fluidity of the game is ridiculous when this is the case as coordinating creates efficiency.
    • You said gladiators is no struggle so I would assume you're fundamentals of PVP have been laid down pretty well. Regardless, it never hurts to learn something new so below is a video that I personally used in aid of PVP.

• Personally, the best kit in non-partied Cakewars is the builder kit. It gives the player independence in rushing other teams or beacons, and instinctively creates bridges for your team to also use. Independence is important because after all, you assume that you may need to carry your team.
    To summarise, other teams will have 3 extra players if you decide to rock it out solo. Trying to win like this will often result in failure purely based off the numbers you'll be facing in PVP. Therefore, you're best chances of survival will reside in forming a team and coordinating with them.

Hope this helped and have a good one.

Posted Apr 23, 2021,
    Last edited Apr 23, 2021
  11. ppl who get obby actually make me mad takes a 3 min game to 10 smh

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  12. in all seriousness get a party, 2 2 the side beacons and rush teams, from then on would be simple to 4 rush the last team

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  13. Hey

I usually play CW Duos and what I do is I play Builder, grab 16 wool and then head straight for mid while my teammate (the lovely @clipsmileyface ) gets endstone. Then I get all of the side beacons going from mid to each of them. Once all of them are captured I either defend mid or I jump off to double-stack emeralds and stars depending on what I feel like doing. Unless there are some sweats then that usually works for us

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  14. If ur solo, just keep soloing until you get good at it, if you have a party, I'd recommend staying in All lobbies even is there's people you can't beat, that will provide you experience to someday beat people at this level.

You can also dodge, or cheat really hard, which I don't recommend

Edit 1: Following strictly one strategy isn't a good idea, you have to think in your own strat based on who you are fighting.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  15. akz u do both LOL

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  16. mouse go brr and gather gamesense somehow

Posted Apr 24, 2021
    user60a6e78b3cfbc likes this.
  17. When I play Cake Wars I usually do so in a party. For me at least it's essentially impossible to win going solo since there's always an experienced party in the lobby. Unfortunately there really isn't much you can do about that. Getting a well-rounded party is definitely your best bet in winning.

A really good piece of advice stated above is that if you're in a party, it's best not to automatically leave the lobby as soon as you see experienced players. Playing against them will help you learn how to deal with difficult opponents. This is different if you're playing solo, because if you end up with a team that isn't that skilled, your chances of winning are next to none. At least with a party, you have a decent shot.

In terms of actually play strategies, I usually cover the cake with endstone and immediately rush mid. You may find it easier to have your teammates do this while you stay and purchase team upgrades/protect the cake, so whichever you're best at is the strategy you should use. Communication with your team is key.

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  18. All of the above!

Posted Apr 24, 2021
  19. Cap, no dodges unless it's caden

Posted Apr 25, 2021
    Vanquishings likes this.
  20. sheesh id dodge caden too he uses 3.8

Posted Apr 25, 2021