• 377 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3829 Players Online
  • 3452 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Quarry

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Paladise, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Was making a Capture the Flag map called Quarry :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the top section, I was trying to mimic Mojave, Oakvale, and Eastmire where players could jump from the top section to water on the bottom as an additional flag path and also provide some additional space for rangers however it was pointed out to me that the top section could be made more useful and accessible so rangers won't completely dominate up there so if anyone has any ideas on how to execute that please let me know :(

Also not sure if I'm going to pursue creating this, but feel free to leave any other feedback :)

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    maevestarbaby, Kight, aiirr and 2 others like this.
  2. I think that looks really neat! The terraforming is on-point and you've really paid attention to detail, especially given the size of the map, it must've been a little bit tedious. I'm not a builder and am not qualified to give you any feedback on this at all lol, but I think where the bricks and diorite (spawn roof) is especially, it's a little bit repetitive, not that it's too big, it's just all one type of block. I think where the bricks are, you could throw in a tiny bit of diorite or related colour/texture block to give it a sort of ripple effect like it's old and worn out. In all other areas, it's perfect!

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  3. Yoooo this is so good how. I don't really play capture the flag but this seems so good, you've got all the elements of a good map. I for one would like to see this put into the game. Keep up the good work!

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  4. I haven't played Capture the Flag in a long time, but I really like the way you've built this map! It is a good addition that you noted about making the tops of the map more accessible to those playing kits other than Ranger. I personally main Ranger for the most part, and I definitely notice certain maps having a huge disadvantage to those playing other kits, so it's good to consider the map game-play for all kits. I don't really have any suggestions for the map itself, I think the textures work perfectly together and I'm a big fan of the water sections being added for alternate paths while carrying the flag. Awesome job!

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. Hey,

Woahh, this looks amazing. I've never been an amazing builder, so seeing people be able to do this is insane. I haven't played Capture the Flag in a while either, so maybe if this map was implemented I would love to try it out :) I really like the theme of a quarry you've gone for, the colour scheme and terrain matches that perfectly!
    I hope to see more builds from you in the future :)

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  6. i like the map overall but, i think I've seen trench of dekare, a cs map, use that exact same palette for the terraforming??

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Paladise and xWand like this.
  7. I had a stroke trying to read this but it's not a bad start, hard to really judge champs mals without a testing

Posted Mar 4, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  8. Hey!

This map looks amazing!! I can definitely see all of the effort that you put into it and I think that the design along with all of the various different blocks utilized to construct it composes this into a really nice and detailed map. I used to play Capture the Flag quite a bit and enjoyed it a lot, so I am familiar with the gameplay and think that this could potentially be really neat to see as an addition to the game at some point in the future. Overall, excellent job!

Thanks for sharing!

Posted Mar 5, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Would be a good pvp map

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  10. Hey! This map is super well built and I can see all the effort you put in. Keep up the great work and good luck on future builds (if you make more)!!

Posted Mar 9, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  11. This reminds me a lot of Mojave and Oakvale, which are both 2 of my favorite maps. This looks really great, and I love the topography. I think it's great how much elevation you involved here, between the paths along the walls, to the 3 valleys that run through the middle. Additionally, the underground layer adds a whole new battlefield for all of this which I think would be great for CTF. I also love the quarry-looking features you added to this build, it makes it truly feel like a quarry. Keep up the good work!

Posted Mar 11, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  12. IDK what capture the flag is but I'm guessing its kinda like the game I played one summer on a soccer field.
    it looks good!

Posted Mar 12, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  13. First off congratulations on MTT batchie!! :D

Second, I think this map actually looks spontaneous! I think it will give off some great gameplay and since you do play CTF a lot more than I thought I feel like you had a better mindset on what will look good for CTF. Only thing I am a bit "iffy" about is that random Bedrock in that statue. I feel like it should be removed or something... idk

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  14. 0_0
    This looks really really cool! I absolutely love the theme, and the underground portion would be very interesting to play with. To be honest there are no obvious problems that I see (without getting to play on it). There are great details everywhere, and the gameplay would be very fun. I like how there are three hight levels to mix up the gameplay.

I wish you the best of luck! I hope we can test it out one day :)

Posted Mar 14, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  15. This looks really nice, I especially love the shape of the border walls & the colour scheme used.

Posted Mar 15, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  16. Hey, this looks like a good map, but I would like to add some pointers. Firstly in the last picture, I can see lighting on the floor with glass covering it, I would suggest maybe finding a more aesthetically pleasing way to light the area. The shape and colouring of the terrain from the pictures you have shown me look pretty good but I would go around and just ensure that there are no right angles in the terrain. You would like the terrain to preferably be smooth flowing throughout. The trees the leaves are far too blocky, in natural trees, there is space between the leaves, you are able to often see the branches. The details on the wall in the spawn could also do with a little patching up as well, they look a little off in image 4. One interesting idea could be, as this is a quarry on the sides at the top, you could add piles of whatever you are mining from the quarry to add some atmosphere to the build potentially.

Overall I think this is a good start and I can see this becoming a map that makes it onto the network :)

Posted Mar 17, 2021
    Paladise likes this.