• 1028 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12170 Players Online
  • 11142 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

QPP (Quality Poster Program) Information

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by okDamien, Nov 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey there everyone!

After lots of planning, I’m pleased to introduce, QPP! QPP or Quality Poster Program is an unofficial community team that focuses on encouraging users to post more on the forums. Now you may be thinking to yourself, why should I join this group? Well, unlike other programs such as CMP which makes you better overall, this program focuses almost exclusively with forums, which many of our staff found to be the hardest part of their trials. If you’ve got the time, you should definitely join both, as CMP is an amazing program as well and I wouldn’t want to turn off interest from it. Enough about the goals, let’s meet the team!

Project Overseer:

Hey!

I’m okDamien otherwise known as Arjun on the Mineplex network, I’m 14 years old and I’m an Ex-Java Trainee! I oversee everything in this community and have worked hard over the past couple of weeks to get it up and running. Now that our initial setup stages are done I’ll be focusing more on the recruitment side of things.

Mentor Manager:

Hiya!

I'm Mitsoko, but you can call me Nat! I'm currently a moderator on Mineplex and I have been part of the staff team since March 7th! I'm also currently a Mentoring Assistant and part of Reports patrol! I enjoy being a staff member and helping out the community as much as possible! I love interacting with new people and especially helping them out with absolutely anything! Outside of Mineplex, I enjoy drawing, building computers, photography, enjoying nature and just having fun! I'm a laid back person but I am also very hardworking and always strive for the best and that is exactly what I will be doing as the manager! I will be working hard to ensure that everyone on the team is doing what they need to meet their goals but most importantly having fun! I'm super glad to be a part of this program and I cannot wait to see what will happen in the future for this program!
    Mentor:

Hey, I’m Vytas! I’m 15 and I’m from the USA. I have played on Mineplex since 2015 and used to be an avid DOM player but now I stick to Nano Games or Block Hunt. I was previously a staff member here on Mineplex from April until July and I loved every moment of my staff journey! Outside of Mineplex I enjoy participating in plays, running track and field, and spending time with my family.

Mentor:

Hi, I’m Ruffy! I love interacting with the Mineplex community. I especially love the forums because it closes the gap between us bedrock players and java players. It’s a great place to talk about one of my favorite things: Mineplex!

I’ve been staff for about 6 months now and I love it! I am so glad to be apart of this program!

Now that we’ve met the team, we’ve put together a list of FAQs that we’d like to answer,

Will this program help me get Trainee?

Although we don’t focus on it, there are a plethora of ways to incorporate this program into your application. You’ll also gain a deep understanding of the rules, gain a good amount of forums time and time management.

How do I become a mentor?

Unless you’re currently staff or ex-staff you unfortunately cannot become a mentor. We look for individuals with good time management, experience and strong grasp of the rules. Mentors are chosen through private criteria by our admins and myself.

How do I apply?

The application is located here. New mentees will be announced on Saturdays both on this thread and on the discord page. Please make sure that you are being honest when answering these questions, if you are being dishonest we will find out and you will be kicked and blacklisted from the program if caught doing so.

That’s all for now, good luck on applying!

Posted Nov 10, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 22, 2020
    PieOrPi, Zyta, shihanna and 9 others like this.
  2. Super hyped for this program! Thank you so much for the opportunity :)

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  3. What is the point of this, if you can already learn how to write more detailed posts through CMP?

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    ClassN likes this.
  4. It’s basically to get players to a certain amount of forums posts by the end of the year, and let our mentees get more comfortable with the forums, which many staff found to be difficult during their trials.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2020
  5. Adding on to the page:
    ScarletBlood37 is our Recruitment Manger! Me and Scarlet will manage incoming applications for the program

OP OP
    scarlands likes this.
  6. Hiya

This is a super cool idea and I really think it's great that you're doing this. I know that a lot of aspiring Trainees are looking to expand their forums activity and experience, and it's something Recruiters do look out for. When I was a Trainee the forums were always kind of scary to me so I like that you're giving people the opportunity to get more used to them before becoming a Staff member.

I hope it goes well for you all :)

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    Fusafez, iPod5 and okDamien like this.
  7. Hey Damien,

This is a really cool idea! I haven't seen too many "community teams" recently, but I remember the tons and tons of community sub-teams when Enjin was around. I'm excited to see this idea progress, and become something as big as the CMP one day! The forums are a very important part of Mineplex, and it's fun learning how to make a great post to communicate with others.

Good luck!
    ~~

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    iPod5 and okDamien like this.
  8. Hey!

This seems like a good idea in theory but I'm really interested in seeing the execution, because the forums are an extremely large platform to focus on and there's a lot of responsibility involved! Luckily it seems like you have enough community staff to get things up and running and there's definitely one or two that I see around the forums quite a lot - you'll find one in the Help section almost every day :wink. A few things though. As someone who spends a lot of time over here on the forums, I can tell you straight off the bat that you should put a particular focus on post quality. Posting more on the forums is great, but if I was a mentor, I'd rather someone average a decent number of posts that are well laid-out and detailed rather than having a ton of posts that aren't detailed enough and of a low quality in general.

Another small thing is that I wouldn't necessarily compare this program to the CMP. You said yourself that they're very different as CMP helps you to focus on "everything" (it's more so the areas you decide you'd like to improve your knowledge in, but all of it is certainly an option), so I don't really understand why you're saying you should join this program instead of CMP. It might just be a wording issue and my bad if it is; it just shouldn't come across like the two programs are similar and this one is better. As a CMP MA I write out a pretty detailed paragraph for each mentee in their progress report under forum post quality if they even made one post over the logging period.

All in all, this seems like an excellent idea to build on and I can't wait to see how it works out. Best of luck to all of you in running it, and to those who are thinking of joining I hope you can benefit from it!

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  9. Definitely interested in this! I lurk around the forums a lot and having a platform and group of people I can work with in order to bounce ideas off of and post detailed posts sounds like an amazing idea. I'll be looking forward to see this idea flourish and hopefully join when the chance is given.

Posted Nov 10, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  10. Yeah I’ll change that right now, CMP is an amazing program and I think if you’ve got the time, you should join both. I’ll change that right now to make it sound better because right now, you’re right, it sounds like, “CMP is bad in comparison”

OP OP
    WowCaleb likes this.
  11. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2020
    Looof, Bob16077777 and iPod5 like this.
  12. This sounds like a really cool program to bring the community on the forums together :)
    Okay I wouldn't lead with a quota. I believe the entire motto is "Quality over Quantity", no? ;D No matter how small the quota is, I don't think it's really right.

For an example, you know all of those idea threads were somebody posts an extremely simple game alteration and you get about 5 replies in a row that all roughly say:

"Yes. This is a really good short idea, I don't see anything wrong with it. +1"

Rather that a forum quota, I believe people should be still encouraged to post on the forums, but on topics they really enjoy like a specific game or showcase where they can really add to the discussion. Even if it's just responding to a new Help Section post.

Congrats to everyone that joined!

Posted Nov 14, 2020
  13. The point is for them to get to a certain goal, which motivates them. On a side note there's a weekly quota which ensures our mentees don't do that, as that type of forums post won't count toward it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2020
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  14. Oh okay, that makes more sense. Good luck with the program! :)

Posted Nov 14, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  15. First off, congrats to @Looof and @Knazamn | Skittles1052! I look forward to working with you and our mentors to inspire people to post more on the forums! Hopefully we’ll be able to encourage many users that are relatively new to the forums to voice their opinion, ideas, and reach out if they need help. I hope many others are also interested in the QPP and will also apply for the team!
    -Bob

Posted Nov 14, 2020
    Looof and okDamien like this.
  16. @iPod5 has stepped down from mentor manager, taking his place will be @Mitsoko ! The post will be edited accordingly

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 22, 2020
  17. Bump B)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 25, 2020
  18. Interesting concept! I'm intrigued with the idea and would like to partake. I'm hoping this can help me get up to speed both with the forums and their rules :D

Posted Dec 25, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.