• 1310 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6015 Players Online
  • 4705 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

PvP Mounts are Broken

Discussion in 'Clans' started by ParagonGaming22, Mar 4, 2020.

?

Should mounts be only for Movement and not PvP

1. Yes, only for movement

68.2%
  2. No, allow PvP on mounts

31.8%
  1. Having to fight someone on a mount (specifically speed 3 mounts) is extremely unfair and unfit in and of itself.

Whenever any kit (especially heavies such as knight and brute) can catch up to any other kit not on a mount is rediculous. There is no counterplay except to hide on a roof, there is no running from the mount, and this becomes even more problematic when facing multiple people on mounts. Whenever the only “counterplay” is outhitting the person who can catch up to you and spin around you or leave at any moment, it becomes an unbalanced or broken part of the game.

Mounts should be for movement, ONLY and any hit on someone or from someone should remove a player from the mount. This seems to be the best option to make clans a balanced game.

Posted Mar 4, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  2. Already being discussed. I had the same idea, and received the same response.

Posted Mar 5, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  3. Heya,

I personally agree that players should not be able to use mounts in order to give them an advantage in combat as their intended use is for travelling around the map. I like your idea of mounts despawning if you are attacked or if you attack someone else while on a mount, as that would really help the current situation of mounted players being able to attack and run away with ease. In addition to your suggestion, I would also say that players shouldn't be able to spawn their mounts while combat tagged as this would give players without a mount a chance to escape from those who do, without being forced to use assassin to do so.

Overall this was a great idea and I would love to see something like this implemented in to Clans in order to balance PvPing on mounts.

Posted Mar 6, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  4. Currently, this has been suggested & discussed within the unofficial Clans Insights team overseen by CM in the Mineplex Clans Discord (boy that was a mouthful). The general consensus is that yes, mounts are overpowered and require a nerf.

Some ideas to nerf it are:
    - When you hit a player, your mount forcibly despawns (as opposed to self-despawn, which means you can spawn it right back up again).
    - When in combat, you cannot spawn a new mount.

We think that those changes will help curb the misuse of mounts for PvP. Let me know what you think. I'm interested in starting up a discussion on mounts and figure this might be the best thread to do so. They're a very "interesting" part of Clans gameplay that I believe need more attention/potential reworking.

Also, to address your OP, a strategy that has worked for me is building underground 2 block high tunneling systems. When someone chases me on a mount, I fall through a hole into my tunneling system and run back to my base. As long as I'm within ~100 blocks of one of my entrance-points, I can usually escape hordes of people on mounts... I've used this tactic to escape all of Phut on mounts, countless times.

Regards,
    Isaac.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
  5. I like the idea of them only being for movement, maybe add a cool down from when the last time they were hit, and if they're hit on their mount they get forced off it. When I play SG I experience people constantly glitching because of the horse kit, (I'm not much of a clans player, but I think this should be a whole server change).

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    kznny likes this.
  6. Not sure what glitches you’re talking about, but if you mean the invisible glitch that never happens in clans.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Fallen™ likes this.
  7. One issue involving mounts is that the mount skins give an advantage to the player who buys them (certain ones, like the sheep, cake, or melon I think). Since mounts are so useful in PvP, staying on the mount and being able to continue riding is a great advantage, which is why high strength mounts are useful. Certain mount skins (I think) change the hitbox of mounts, making them harder to hit than default horses, which violates the EULA, however, I doubt mineplex cares.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Fallen™ and kznny like this.
  8. The problem with the first solution is that it is still overpowered. A intim brute could run up on any class with the back-up of teammates and force them to turn around and fight because of takedown and intim. Even one hit and such a fast speed for a tank is still really unfair.

I think that along with the first buff, there should also be another one, even if the playerbase doesn't like it. The heaviest class, knight, when riding the mount would slow it down to around a speed 2. Same thing with brute. Mages, Rangers, and Assassins, would speed up the horse instead ( just a little bit. )

Another fix to go along with the first buff but instead of the one above, I think that archery shots should immediately despawn a mount. If you can't dodge an archery shot with a speed 3 mount, then you have no right to ride it. ( not really )

I think those are two fixes though.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
  9. As others have said, this issue was discussed within CM with GI and was addressed. Personally I believe mounts should be ONLY for traveling. All types of pvp should be disabled while on a mount, if you attack while on a mount you should be removed immediately and your mount should be de-spawned.

Full change would be - No bows while on a mount, no damage can be dealt to others, no abilities of any kind such as intim can be activated while on a mount AND all current abilities will be disabled after you get on the mount. Mounts should be used to only travel around the map, alongside this as a side note I would make 3 speed mounts substantially more difficult to obtain than they currently are.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Jhazu likes this.