• 836 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9060 Players Online
  • 8224 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Pvp lag

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Blazette, Feb 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why does it feel like when someone has 200 ping it benefits them more than it is a disadvantage? Theirs numerous times I've tried to fight someone with 200 ping and they land the most outrages hits yet seem to barely take effect to the lag. People should be freezing in place with that lag not getting a free killaura.

Posted Feb 8, 2021
  2. Because you're unable to hit them due to sporadic lag movement and they're landing more hits.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  3. I'm one of those so called laggers, as I live in China and I average 200-300 ping. Freezing lag occurs at around 500-600 ping and the game is unplayable. 200-300 is managable, with occasional ping spikes, but usually all it does is give me horrible knockback and land insane combos. Of course, there is a skill ceiling to this, as you need to be able to make the most out of the lag. However there are good players who can fight against this type of lag, so based on your stats I'd make an educated guess and say that you're a 6 cps'er.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  4. It’s not good to base skill off stats, I gave up trying on this server long ago so my stats are a huge mess lol, I don’t check my cps I just click tbh rather not break my hand trying to go for 12-13 cps in a pointless game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2021
    nottodisappear likes this.
  5. Fair point, however most of the good players I know on this server can fight properly against the lag. It's not hard to adapt to that lag as long as you know how to properly strafe, wtap, with good aim and high cps.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  6. Yes..you dont have to explain about good players being able to fight lag lol, im not commited enough to do anything crazy

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 9, 2021
  7. It's not really crazy. Everything I mentioned is extremely simple to grasp and pretty easy to understand. If you cannot put in that little amount of effort, i don't feel that you should be making a post complaining about it, seeing as you do not seem to want to at least attempt.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
    20LeeBrian1 likes this.
  8. As someone from Australia and who has dealt with 200 ping throughout my entire time on Mineplex, and has also played on small AU pvp servers (so I can offer a fair comparison), I can guarantee it is more disadvantageous than advantageous without a doubt to experience high ping. While I understand how irritating it is for players with better ping to fight against us when, at times, our lag can reduce KB or even land strange hits, we have to deal with terrible hit detection, slow click registry, sometimes we're unable to deal out combos and overall we just experience much more choppy gameplay in comparison to the smooth gameplay of a low ping player. The grass always seems greener on the other side, but in this case I can tell you it's not hahaha.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  9. I play only 1 game on mineplex. And that is DOM. I don't get crushed by sweats, i stay in the lobby and annoy them.
    And you calling someone immature doesn't really work when you go around telling people to "get better at the game" and "find friends". Not everyone wants to practice clicking real fast like you did.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  10. +1 they talk about how lucky it is I don't take knockback and stuff, but really most of my deaths are ping related.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  11. i mean, "get good" and "find friends" were completely justified in that they were complaining about parties, and that they couldn't beat sweats. it is literally the only option.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  12. There is a third option. Avoid that game, avoid the sweats and try to focus on having fun instead of winning.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  13. either way, it seems incredibly immature that you're going off on me when I'm giving someone actual basic tips if they want to get better. we can talk about lobby dodging in a different thread, as it is a valid option. we have different playstyles, nothing wrong with that, it just irks me slightly when i'm being insulted while trying to give some advice.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  14. telling people to find friends isnt an advice

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  15. wasn't referring to that, weird you hopped on a point i wasn't making. i was referring to the fact that you quoted my post in this thread and told me how much i annoyed you with my "pvp religion" when i was simply trying to give helpful advice by telling them ways they could fight back against pingers. i do not appreaciate the strawman fallacies but i assume that is the only way you could respond.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  16. Aight, coo. Then i'll respond to that. You have posted many of those "get good" and you think less of those who aren't on your minecraft pvp level. So i decided to tell you that i think you are annoying with that.

Posted Feb 9, 2021
  17. Hey!

As someone who has undergone immense ping issues before, having 100, 200, or even 300 ping doesn't always exactly freeze your game. There are many times when I've had 200 ping and players comment on the fact that my hits are strange and a bit unfair at times due to an altered hit registry or knockback. While I know it can be very annoying, there isn't much you can do about an internet connection issue. If you suspect the player is actually cheating, you may of course gather evidence and report it here after reading over this. It can be very frustrating dealing with players who may be lagging or have poor internet, but the most you can do is try to adapt to this or perhaps try finding a different lobby for that specific mini-game. If you encounter a bug regarding players and their connection issues or one you have found through personal experience, feel free to report it here.

I'll go ahead and be locking this since there's been a bit of an unconstructive argument arising and your question has been answered. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Thread Locked - Concern Addressed/Preventing Flame War

Posted Feb 9, 2021
    Blazette and 20LeeBrian1 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.