• 360 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2387 Players Online
  • 2027 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

PVP HELP

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by SpyNinja__, Sep 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I really need some advice on how to improve my PVP skills. Most people I fight can beat me while still having half their health. I'm level 68 and should have had enough practice from playing Cake Wars for hours on end, but I still lose literally EVERY SINGLE FIGHT. It is really annoying and discouraging. I use a logitech mouse and play on an Intel I5 laptop, and get about 30 frames a second. I try to use my A and D keys a lot, but I still get comboed into oblivion. I also try to block my sword to reset kb, but that's when I get comboed the most. Does anyone have any tips? Help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  2. OK so first of all, make sure that you are using a 1.8 version- doing PVP on anything over 1.9 already puts you at a disadvantage. Once you are on 1.8, try clicking as fast as you can- If you can only get like 6 or 8 cps, that's fine for most of the time. Aim is the thing that matters more than how fast you can click. Getting better at aim just takes practice, but you also have to be able to predict how and where your opponent will move. This might sound weird, but I got better at PVP just from fighting against mobs in a survival world. So you might want to practice on a hoard of zombies or spiders or something. Another important thing is strafing, which you already mentioned. See if you can be more unpredictable. Maybe you're not moving around enough. Try to move as much as you can, but not so much that it becomes too hard for you to aim. Another thing is to tap W slightly so you can rush in and hit the player, then quickly hit S and back off so they can't reach you. At the end of the day, I can't really tell you exactly what to do, but just know that that practice makes perfect. See if you can get a friend to help you practice or just go on a world and spawn in a bunch of zombies.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  3. I would definetely reccomend using a pvp based client such as Lunar Client or Badlion Client (I use lunar). Both of these are on the allowed modifications list. They have various things to help you like combo counters, keystrokes, better frames, and a bunch more.

Aside from this, I would reccomend trying to learn how to butterfly click, this can double your clicks per second value to a good 10-14 clicks per second. (A higher CPS value will allow you to outhit other people and take a little less knockback) There are more advanced strategies you can learn on youtube such as W-Tapping and S-Tapping which I won't write an essay about here, but I definetely reccomend researching them on youtube.

If you play lots of cakewars, I would imagine you have the frosting kit unlocked. It's a very useful pvp kit that can help you deal combos to your opponent as you pvp. Search up how to "rod-combo" on youtube (snowball combos and rod combos have the same mechanics) and you'll learn pretty fast.

Good luck!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    SpyNinja__, Amg_ and Disgruntle like this.
  4. Hi there!

I feel like both of the players above me have made some very valid points and I would like to add on to their good responses. I myself, use Badlion Client and it’s great for aesthetics as well as pvp related tools/information. As Ghost said, one of the biggest things I would recommend is playing in anything lower than 1.9. You are at a major disadvantage when you are PVP’ing in 1.9+. They’ve changed the pvp mechanics with the newer versions of MC. I think the only plus I can really think of off the top of my head is the 1.13 swimming, which allows you to swim faster in water. In terms of practicing, I wouldn’t just practice one game, expand your experience in other games as well. There are different types of players in each game and each player holds different PVP backgrounds and experience. I would play CW, SG, SKY, BR or UHC. All of these are great practice. Realistically, expanding your PVP skills is easier when you play several games that stimulate practice in different parts of PVP. In my opinion, you shouldn’t necessarily focus on the clicking aspect, but rather strafing and aiming. I think strafe and aim can be bigger than how fast you click. If you click slower, like 5-6 CPS, I would recommend learning how to rod, which is a great tool that creates space between you and your opponent. This gives you time to click at a slower CPS. Overall, both of the players had some great advice above and I hope mine is just as helpful. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, but this was just a way of expressing my own opinion.

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  5. Yeah pvp client with toggle sprint on 1.8 will do wonders if you don't do that already. Also would like to add that while blockhitting (sprint resetting) is good for vanilla pvp, it actually isn't a mechanic with Mineplex's pvp system which is why when you try to do it you are getting comboed harder. Other than that, Id just say practice makes perfect.

Posted Oct 1, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 1, 2020
    SpyNinja__ likes this.
  6. Howdy!

As everyone else mentioned above, having a PvP based Client (ie. LabyMod, Lunar Client, Badion Client, etc.) Is super helpful!
    I want to go in depth about what SpitefulNick was mentioning about Sprint Resetting.
    Sprint Resetting is a very helpful mechanic to learn when it comes to PvP. Your first hit will always deal the most knockback. Every other hit after that while you're in sprint will deal less knockback. Knockback is very crucial when it comes to PvP. The more knockback you deal, the easier it becomes to combo. In order to get around this, players have developed multiple techniques. I'll go over some of these.

Blockhitting:
    Blockhitting is the first and (in my opinion) one of the most important forms of Sprint Resetting. Essentially when you blockhit, you block with your sword at the same time as you hit with your sword. You press both the left and right click buttons (if you have default controls) at the same time to perform a blockhit. The Left click button (on a mouse) is the "Attack/Destroy" button. The Right click button (on a mouse) is the "Place Block/Use Item" button. While performing the blockhit may seem easy, it's knowing when to use it that makes it difficult to master. You can use blockhitting in multiple ways. Primarily you use blockhitting to start a combo. If you are able to get some hits in then you can attempt to blockhit. You can try to get two or three hits off on your opponent and then use a blockhit or you could blockhit right out of the gate. It's all about the timing. The more you practice it, the easier you'll be able to know when to blockhit. The second use for blockhitting is to simply get out of a combo. You deal more knockback to a player when blockhitting which will push them farther away. I recommend having 1.7 animations for blockhitting.

W-Tap:
    As the name implies, you are tapping the 'W' key as opposed to holding it the entire time. The 'W' key is the "move forward" key. As soon as your sprint stops, your sprint has been reset. So if you constantly tap 'W' instead of holding 'W' then you assume that you could combo easier. That assumption, however, is isn't fully true. If you constantly tap your 'W' key, you won't be moving as much. PvP is movement-based. If you aren't moving, others will be able to combo you easily. So you work around this by holding 'W' and occasionally letting go of 'W' is how I W-Tap. I let go of 'W' for a split second before hitting someone and/or after hitting someone. W-Tap can also be incorporated into your strafe. When you strafe, you usually hold onto 'W', 'A', and 'D'. The 'A' key is the "Strafe Left" key. The 'D' key is the "Strafe Right" key. 'W' is usually always held while 'A' and 'D' are switched off. If you let go of 'W' when your strafing ocassionally, it could be very beneficial. Like blockhitting, it's all about the timing.

S-Tap:
    S-tapping is similar to W-tapping except you tap and let go of the 'S' button. The 'S' button is the "Move Backwards" button. There are three different ways I usually S-Tap. I either hold 'W' and tap 'S'. I hold 'S' and tap 'W' (sounds similar to W-tapping). Lastly, I switch from tapping 'W' and 'S' rapidly (usually when I'm super close to a player). S-tapping (in my opinion) is better used in straightforward fights. S-tapping is just like Blockhitting and W-tapping. It requires timing.

Crouching:
    When you press the 'left-shift' button, you perform a crouch. Crouching is another way you can Sprint Reset. To make use of crouching, you simply tap and immediately let go of the 'left-shift' button. It changes your hitbox a little and it resets your sprint. I, however, do not recommend crouching because it significantly reduces your movement. Crouching is similar to Blockhitting, W-tapping, and S-tapping. It requires tim- you get the point!

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    SpyNinja__, S1KH, Amg_ and 1 other person like this.