• 985 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6966 Players Online
  • 5981 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Put Some Java Games In Bed Rock

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by QuietSnow678, Jan 13, 2021 at 1:39 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I was thinking if possible to add something from java to Bedrock like clans, I would actually really like to see clans in bedrock since the closets we have in bedrock is Creative housing, Plus I have some friends that want to play java games with me. Again If this is not possible I totally understand since Developers have hard jobs.

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 1:39 PM
  2. Heyo!

I don't know that clans on Bedrock would be a good edition because many bedrock players use a multitude of devices to play. Users on computers are going to have an advantage over users on mobile, console, etc. which makes it difficult to have highly competitive gamemodes like clans. I don't think clans would work because someone's entire season can be ruined due to the device they play Mineplex on.

Also, from what I can tell, many Bedrock players are more casual players, so I'd hesitate to add any hardcore gamemodes because they might not be popular. Although I main Java, I have a Bedrock account, and I've found the interface overall to be clunkier, for lack of a better word. Navigating menus and such is more challenging, and there is a noticeable difference between the maneuverability of mobile vs. laptop users.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing games like block hunt or paintball on Bedrock, just not clans/champions because it would be difficult for non-computer users to win, which I think would be a discouragement to play.

-1 on adding clans or something similar to Bedrock, but I wouldn't mind other, more casual Java games.

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 1:49 PM
  3. Just, no copy and paste coding tho. I’d want SSM (Super Smash Mobs) on Bedrock.

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 1:57 PM
  4. Hi there!

I'd definitely like to see a few games brought over from Java. I'm not entirely sure whether clans would be one of them given we have already had Factions -which has many similarities with clans- and it wasn't very successful which led to it getting removed. I was always a fan of the arcade so I would love to see games like Sheep Quest, Bacon Brawl, Snake and come over and even a return of Death Tag with less bugs. I'm sure in the future that some more Java games will come over the Bedrock, however, which games they will be I am not to sure about. Also, I doubt this would be in the near future as the priority now seems to be fixing the bugs in the current games we have which I believe is the right approach.

-MC Minium

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM
    ReJo likes this.
  5. Hello there!

First of all, I wanted to thank you for suggesting such an amazing idea for the Bedrock server of Mineplex. As a player myself, there are some games in the java server that I wished to be implemented into the bedrock server as well, as for example like Bridges and Castle Siege, but however for Clans, I don't think that'll be a good idea since we already have a survival server but it's just not that challenging, I also wish that new games would release in the server in the future. Overall, it is a good idea, only for the games that are considered to be good and fair for all devices, I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with it but it could work. <3

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 2:09 PM
    Fusafez likes this.
  6. The Bedrock server actually had a factions gamemode several years ago but it was unsuccessful and unpopular. I think Clans is just too complex for the younger bedrock audience and it would require a lot of work to add Clans to Bedrock since it is such a large and complex gamemode, and that dev time could be spent on better things. Some more Java games may be added to Bedrock in the future, but Clans will probably not be added.

Not Planned

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 5:42 PM
    Fusafez likes this.
  7. Also for CLANS some of the kit abilities you can’t do on mobile devises, so it couldn’t be played by everyone, which is the case for other games as well, So don’t see that game going to bedrock. Would be cool to have a few like MC-Minium mentioned

Posted Jan 13, 2021 at 11:29 PM
    Fusafez likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.