• 1340 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8486 Players Online
  • 7146 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Purchasable Immortal Points

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jacob3Jacob4, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Long story short, make immortal points purchasable in the shop so you don't have to wait an entire month to get what like 5000 points? Since there is no other way to get these points, this seems like an ideal solution. However, I think that these should be purchasable only if you have immortal active. Here are the prices which I think would be fair.

3,000 Points: $4.99
    10,000 Points: $6.99
    25,000 Points: $14.99
    50,000 Points: $24.99
    100,000 Points: $44.99

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  2. The whole point of having Immortal Points is to reward you for staying subscribed as an Immortal Member, and they stack up and are rewarded the longer you have Immortal. The first month you might get 5000, but I personally, this month, will be getting 9000. It varies amongst each player. Making it purchasable might seem like a great idea at first, but it destroys the purpose of rewarding people for loyalty, as someone can purchase Immortal for one month, stack up on a bunch of points, and never buy immortal again, thus diminishing the idea of being rewarded for loyalty to the rank. Though it is a great idea, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  3. No in order to use the perks, you have to be continued to be subscribed to it to ovoid that happening

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 3, 2020
  4. Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about making Immortal points purchasable either. I think @S1KH has summed up a lot of my thoughts pretty well, but essentially Immortal points are meant to incentivize people to remain subscribed for longer and to reward those that actually do. Making them purchasable would defeat the purpose of that in my opinion. Even if only active Immortal subscribers were able to purchase the points, I still feel like it would ruin the exclusivity of them, and for that reason I'll be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
    S1KH likes this.
  5. Heyyo~

I'm going to disagree with this idea since it would defeat one of the major reasons for keeping the Immortal rank. The points themselves already increase exponentially every month, so I don't see a need for this to be added and it also brings players back to repurchasing the rank.

I think the rank itself is in a really stable place. But something I would really love to see, although it doesn't really pertain to Immortal, would be a purchasable battle pass of some sort. It could entice players to play more and keep all levels entertained. Anyway, thank you for the idea but unfortunately, I will have to disagree.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  6. Hellooo

I'll have to disagree with this idea. The whole point of the immortal shop system is to provide a new incentive for player's to purchase the rank and support the server. It allows for new perks, items, and abilities that shouldn't be able to be purchased directly. If they were able to be purchased from the store, there would be no point in calling it immortal points, and I don't think that should be the case. I know it will take a while to gain enough points for anything spectacular, but it's not meant to be easy to gain these perks. Perhaps in the future there will be an alternative way to earn points, but for now, I think it's doing fine as it is. I'll be moving this thread because it promotes an idea discussion. Thanks for suggesting!

Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  7. I definitely disagree with this idea. The reason Immortal points were added is because they want to reward players for being subscribed for a while - that's the entire point. Being able to purchase Immortal points essentially defeats that purpose. Plus, you're already paying for Immortal by being subscribed to it, so it really wouldn't be fair to pay even more money just to get more points. If you could just buy points, players would definitely be less inclined to stay subscribed, which was the reason that the shop was added in the first place.

Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately I have to give it a -1.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  8. That would be a lot of work to implement, and the developers already have a lot on their plate as is. In my opinion, the current system is better, and it would be difficult to give someone a cosmetic or perk, and then "disable" it.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  9. I disagree. Like others above me have already stated, the whole point of the points is to reward the subscribers for their loyalty and give them points so they can get some extra perks that are not part of the base Immortal rank. You already receive more points each month depending on how high your current streak of being constantly subscribed in a row is along with other factors that are not really public at the current time. Making points purchasable would entirely ruin the idea of the "loyalty" and would make the current process useless, as players could just buy points and get the perks that normally take months to unlock straight away. I can definitely get that it can be frustrating to wait months just to unlock one perk you have always wanted over others, but in the end that's the purpose of the whole system, for you to show the loyalty you have to the Immortal subscription and be awarded for it with Immortal Points which increase each month as I mentioned earlier.

Posted Aug 3, 2020
  10. Hey! As many people have stated before, Immortal reward points are meant to be exclusively for subscribing to immortal. The idea behind the subscription based system is to bring players back to continuously subscribing so that they can get more and more immortal points, and being able to buy these immortal points would negate the system. Thank you for your idea!

Thread Locked >> Not Planned

Posted Aug 4, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.