• 298 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2877 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Punishments for Possession, and Distribution

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Mrs, Dec 15, 2019.

?

For the sake of the game, would you like for mods to be able to monitor inventories and chests?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No (

22.5%
  3. Yes, but.... (please make it reasonable)

37.5%
  1. Hacked items. Why have a total wipe if people are just going to bring that crap in again?

It's spreading and like an epidemic. I would like to ask that instead of trying to get people to get evidence that someone is bringing this stuff in, that we can just take a snapshot of someone in possession of said items. I think their inventories and plots should be wiped... And if someone is hacking... then, of course, a ban. The risk of losing everything might just be enough to teach a few people a lesson, take you guys (mods) and the rules of the game seriously. And perhaps they spread that lesson around. People are seriously just trading this crap in the open and in public chat. It's ridiculous. Do I want access to all of the items the game has to offer? SURE... but not hacked in items.

Another idea, at least for the non enchanted hacked items, make the blocks and items available legit. If people can get end items and nether items in some legit way, then the need to hack them into the server disappears. I would love for mods to be able to come in and check people's inventories. It would make things so much easier. All the mod would have to do is take a snapshot of their inventory (or whatever is in their chests) and bring the pain - erm consequences. I have always been an advocate for the mods having more tools in their tool belt to take care of business. As for checks and balances, the mod would simply record what they were doing and submit it as evidence.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  2. Hey!
    This could be helpful. When I used to try and catch cheaters on previous servers, as a Moderator you were able to see inside of players inventories and chests without them knowing. This can be helpful in a number of ways. For chests, say someone is player Skywars, and they are using the "Inventory Tweaks" mod. Moderators could be able to see inside of the chests, to see if they are taking all of the items instantly. Also, inventories for cheats such as Auto-Soup, to see if they take it out of their inventory without actually going in to it.

I partially agree with this idea. +0.5

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Mrs like this.
  3. Thank you. BTW when I wrote (make it reasonable) I meant that you are saying yes but have further thoughts on the matter and that I was asking people to be reasonable about it lol. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this and to vote. I am hoping we can influence change.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 16, 2019
  4. I, for one, think this is a pretty great idea. If Moderators could go into the game and just see that people are hacking that easily, it'd make our lives a lot easier. Plus, if we knew what people had in their inventories, we could prevent hackers and ban them quickly. It seems pretty smart and I don't know if it has been thought of before, but I'd like to see this get added. It would definitely make moderators' jobs a bit easier and I do agree with the idea that it would make people take Moderators more seriously, as I do not think people do as much as they should.
    It's a +1 from me!

Happy Suggesting,
    -LT

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    Mrs likes this.
  5. *hip bump* Hey mods, I'd really like you to see this. All votes so far are yes... I know not a lot of people voted but it is an issue. It's getting worse day by day. And I know I've been attacked by God bows - and since the only thing that protected us before was Elytra wings, I find my butt is on fire. Even when it was just a joke. This is an epidemic!! So are you good with hacked items or not because honestly there is not a lot of enforcement going on and the people will keep doing what they want regardless of the rules. Do you know what else would help? If you mods came in and flew around listening to conversation sometimes and tping to people doing these deals. Really and truly, if you want there to be a clean server you are going to have to do something about people in the mere possession of this stuff. PLEASE.
    --- Post updated ---

This ... this is annoying. The one with the enchanted pickaxe is actually itemmaker - hmmm interesting name. but yeah... this was actually a new way of lagging. At least for me.
    --- Post updated ---
    Start at 3:00
    --- Post updated ---
    I'd like to ask xGetRektedx to explain why he voted no. What possible reason, unless nefarious, do you have for voting no? :squint:

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 20, 2019
  6. You should apply for mod, you sound exactly like one. Were you? I remember one of the first-ever posts I saw here was yours and I was amazed at how well-writted it was for someone who wasn't a mod-

Anyways, yes for the idea. Mineplex is actually late to do this, because there's another server with /invpeek (I'm pretty sure that's the command) for mods for this exact reason.

Posted Dec 20, 2019
  7. I can argue both way on this point. It's not the items that are an issue. It's simply bad players. I've been playing on Mineplex Survival for (like) 3yrs now. I wasnt happy with the server reset. I legit build/craft/mine in my claims. Collect items/blocks and have fun. Why should I get banned cause I have quarts or nether rack? Or a God pick axe? I dont spam mobs with it. I do mine and it helps so much in my LARGE BUILDS. Do I deserve a ban for it? No. Does a player with/who shows harmful intent. Yes. But...not the hard part. It's easy to create a new account. Those bad players dont care to start over. I do I spend wat too much time in Mineplex Survival lol. I wont/dont hack for the rare/illegal items. But i will collect. I've even gotten stuff like spawner and spawn eggs from mods. It's not an issue with the items. It's the players with bad intent that tends to make the game suck at times. I'm ANGELofDEATH422 ingame. Look for me. I'm always happy to help. I play on mobile so I can screen record easy. And I just like to help. I'm also off and on here. The forums. SUPER HELPFUL for players. I still find relevant info here. Exspecially after game updates when survival likes to get 'buggy'. I'm always answering questions in chat and giving pointers if I can. I find most who dont like Mineplex Survival havent been playing long. And the learning curve of the rules for it being PUBLIC. FREE. AND ALL AGES they feel it should be different. It's not for YOU. It's for everyone. If you dont like it. The great thing is you can make and run your own server how you want. Or your own realm. Or world.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  8. If those were hacked items, they should really get permed banned for that sort of stuff

Also how do you know the fact that ItemMaker was holding a hacked pickaxe? It looked like a golden pickaxe in his hand

Posted Dec 27, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 27, 2019
  9. I agree with your main idea, which is to grant Mods the ability to check inventories if they notice items that are unrealistic to obtain in whatever game it may be. Sometimes it can prove fairly easy to spot this kind of thing. For most cases, a general knowledge of the game will cover a staff member's ability to recognise that such item has not been acquired legitimately. This could be the case for certain enchanted weapons. If a report is filed and a Mod investigates the claim, they will be able to see the item in use as it is a desirable weapon that the hacker would like to use to their advantage. The staff member would then know off of the top of their head that it was not gained legitimately, and could punish the player accordingly.

Your idea comes in handy for, as you say, blocks and items that come from the Nether and End. A hacker may not use these frequently and if a report is filed, a Mod may not be able to observe the item being put to use. If they are granted the power to check players' inventories, they can ensure that the claim is true and punish the respective rule-breaker. This is a safe way to secure that nobody gets away with taking even the most minor of hacked items. However, knowledge of the game would still be required, of course.

I'm not sure about your reasoning here. This would probably call for a change in gameplay that staff aren't willing to make just to suit an added permission for Mods. Players hack these items in to give them an advantage over other players, not because they don't feature as part of the game. If they were able to be obtained fairly, they would still be hacked in as most of these players just wouldn't want to bother going to the effort to acquire them.

I think this is a bit far. You say there are an increased number of people hacking in items but it is still a minority compared to those who are just having an everyday conversation. But to assume you're talking about public chat, you can see these messages too. Just take a screenshot or inform a Mod that there are suspicious messages that hint towards these kind of deals. If they are already in the server it is convenient, otherwise though, I don't think they have the time to go into them just to survey the chat when you can just as easily report what you see.

Overall, I like the basic idea where Mods can access chests and inventories, so a +1 for what you have described there. But I don't think it needs to be extended any further than that.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  10. I agree with Mrs.Kobioshi I think u should have a way like in factions where the mods can see into inventories and the mods have x ray too
    --- Post updated ---
    I've seen in factions that the mods have appointment many crazy commands like /invsee /modchatroom /sus /xray etc. So I think that they emobile mods should have something like this if u want to ask me about more commands or find out more about the ones there already r message me
    --- Post updated ---
    I've seen in factions that the mods have appointment many crazy commands like /invsee /modchatroom /sus /xray etc. So I think that they emobile mods should have something like this if u want to ask me about more commands or find out more about the ones there already r mess

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  11. Hello, Mrs!

While I once was a staff member on Mineplex's Bedrock Server, I too enforced the Unapproved Mods rule to those who we're found using a mod that is unapproved that affects gameplay. For those who I found that possessed such an item, I punished them for bug exploiting. So in context, there are punishable offenses for these actions. If you find my reply hard to understand, please message me so you can understand.

- FabianTuck ♡

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  12. As an ex-Bedrock Moderator, the offenses I most frequently dealt with were the various forms of Toolbox hacking you're referencing in your post. Toolbox hacking, for anyone reading this who's unaware, is a type of hack that exists within Minecraft: Bedrock Edition that allows players to manipulate their client to create items and/or modify the values of said items. Our Bedrock staff team considers Toolbox hacks to be a Severity 3 Movement Hacking offense.

Just to build off of what my former colleague @FabianTuck was saying, enforcing the network's policies on Toolbox hacks is entirely contextual and can be incredibly difficult. Ideally, these offenses would occur in a game such as Micro Battles, where all players are issued the same items and there are very few foreign items available for players to acquire; a player running around with an enchanted diamond sword, for example, will be extremely out of place and requires little further investigation to punish.

Punishing for toolbox hacks on Survival Mode, on the other hand, is an incredibly complicated process. Survival Mode is designed to be an open world for players to play as a group or independently, and, in doing so, it provides players with a nearly-infinite amount of resources for them to craft an even more expansive catalog of items. Therefore, it's entirely possible for a player to legitimately acquire five double chests stuffed full of diamond block stacks-- improbable though it may seem. Add in the fact that, as you've so aptly observed, players create and distribute these items to players who don't commit Toolbox hacks, and it becomes even more difficult to tell who actually spawns these items in, who knowingly uses them, and who genuinely doesn't know any better. The last thing that any of our staff want to do is to wrongfully punish a player, so when it comes to Survival's Toolbox problems, a Moderator's hands are tied, for the most part, and we pretty much have very little choice other than to just let the problem fester (save for extreme cases, of course, in which case the team acts accordingly).

Now, on to the suggestions at hand: Right off the bat, I want to discount your proposed utilities for Moderators to open the inventories of players in Survival mode. Most of the time, if we suspect a player of utilizing Toolbox hacks, we already know what they possess that makes them suspect. Adding this would only provide extraneous peripheral information, and it would become incredibly tedious and time-consuming for members of our Moderation team to comb through the inventories of every player that's suspected. Responding to allegations against accused players by wiping their plots and inventories isn't really an optimal solution, either; as you and so many others have repeatedly stated, they can spawn things in quite easily so there's really very little this would accomplish. And, finally, I'm really hesitant to agree that players apprehended for Toolbox hacks in Survival should be banned because there are just as many players, if not more, that use Toolbox items after acquiring them from others-- most of them unwittingly.

I've voted "no" in your poll. While I can't agree more that this is a problem that has persisted for quite some time, I just don't agree with the solutions set forth. The only real solution is for Mojang, the developer of Minecraft, to patch the Bedrock hack, but until then the best we can hope for is Mineplex implementing its own proprietary solution in the interim.

Please don't hesitate to respond to my post or Direct Message me; I'd be more than happy to continue this discussion with anyone interested, and would love to hear what any of you have to say.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
    FabianTuck likes this.
  13. Hello!
    First off i wanted to say that it's good to see players passionate about the game and the rules, i'll try to cover all points made in your post:

-Why was there a wipe in survival if people are just going to bring in hacked items again:

The wipe was mainly to fix the survival servers and to give a fresh start for claims as some players were struggling to find claims in the old servers. Unfortunately hacking is and will always be an ongoing battle for any Minecraft platform, we would love to be able to restrict all hack clients but for now we rely on player reports, staff and our anti cheat to help fight against it.

-Can we just take a snapshot of someone in possession of said items then have their inventories and plots wiped

All hacking offences must be recorded with video evidence, if we were to punish players for being in possession of hacked items like an Elytra in survival then that would greatly effect the player base as new players may not know that is an item usually unobtainable, it could also be used unfairly as any player could easily throw an unobtainable item to another player they didn't like while snapshotting them holding or using the item. We always want to make sure we are punishing the source of the problem not the players effected/associated with it, the only exception to that is if players were to take those items and use them to kill others/destroy another players claimed property.

-People are trading these items in the open and in public chat. Do I want access to all of the items the game has to offer? SURE... but not hacked in items.

Survival can be what you make it, if you prefer to play how it is intended then you have the right to do so. Players in chat trading items are easily ignored or blocked if it really effects you. If you see a player misusing hacked items then you are able to report them.

-Make the blocks and items available legit. If people can get end items and nether items in some legit way, then the need to hack them into the server disappears.

Unfortunately even if they were introduced into the server players would still hack them into the game for the ease and mass quantity, though it would make things fair for the legitimate players, i agree it would be nice to see them introduced.

-I would love for mods to be able to come in and check people's inventories. It would make things so much easier.

I agree, more tools would make our job easier but more tools also mean more development time and our devs are stacked with things to do already. I would love to see this implemented in the future though so +1 for the idea.

Hope that helps! have an awesome day

Posted Dec 27, 2019
    Aod42286 likes this.
  14. @Reks Nz I completely agree with you. I play survival mode a lot and try to report as many hackers as possible by going undercover. For the inventory checking I think mods should have that ability. You said that it would take a lot of development to implement that. Well there is a inventory analyzer plugin that I am familiar with. It is easy to use and allows mods to peek in inventories of players and even remove items. I do not think this should be a trainee privilege but only for mods. I can share this plugin with the development team. I give +1 to this thread and I fell it would help a lot.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  15. I've seen in factions that the mods have appointment many crazy commands like /invsee /modchatroom /sus /xray etc. So I think that they emobile mods should have something like this if u want to ask me about more commands or find out more about the ones there already r mess
    --- Post updated ---
    Degage has told me that he was an "anti_hacker" but what I mean to say is that it is possible for other hackers or even normal police to bribe these pal with items sooooo I think that the commands I see should be brought into bedrock editition.i applied for trainee IDK if I'm supposed to say that out loud plz don't ban me mineplex.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
    MachoPiggies likes this.
  16. Well I do pretend to be a hacker so I can be close to real hackers then report them. I wouldn’t say I am police but like volunteer police or unofficial police. I agree the commands would be helpful for our mods.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  17. Degage has told me that he was an "anti_hacker" but what I mean to say is that it is possible for other hackers or even normal police to bribe these pal with items sooooo I think that the commands I see should be brought into bedrock editiion
    --- Post updated ---
    I think for our mods should have world edit if u don't know what that is message me
    --- Post updated ---
    I think for our mods s
    --- Post updated ---
    I think for our mods s
    --- Post updated ---
    I think for our mods s
    --- Post updated ---
    Sry lag happened also I want to fix lag if I become mod or if a mod is reading this u should fix some lag issues, like if someone is lagging like crazy the thing lagging the game should be deleted.Someone makes 1000 stacks of snow then they can be deleted if it lags their game a lot.Also if they created an item that wasn't supposed to be created u can tell bcuz of 1 of those commands so they can be rly useful also world edit can be rly helpful too
    --- Post updated ---
    Also if a mod is reading this plz ban this hacker, jumbykibbles her hobby is pretty much burning down other ppls homes she burnt mine 1 time and my friends 2 times

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  18. So @Destro11111 I am the only one I know of that does what I do. So I there aren’t really other anti hackers. And if you want to report someone here’s a link to do so www.mineplex.com/reports. Or click on the Report a Player in my signature area. Make sure to read report Guide first it’s helpful.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  19. I think mods should also have /ban or /kick or to be more specific /permban or /tempban or /kick

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  20. They already have some of those commands you mentioned.

Posted Dec 28, 2019