• 265 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2844 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Punishment for leaving

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by steropes, Dec 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think we've all been here when people have left right in the middle of the game. It makes it very hard for us or the person that is left alone, it is not only unfair its aggravating, and nothing happens to the people that leave. I think we should have either a deduction of gems or shards or maybe both for who ever leaves, but under circumstances like a crash or bad wifi. The deduction should take place after 5 minutes because it will still give you time to rejoin the game, say as if you need to relog. What if it so happens that a new player decides to join? Their whole team is gone, that's not really the greatest first impression. I believe it should be 500 gems and 100 shards, it might seem a lot but it needs to be conveyed to the players that leaving is a punishment.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  2. -1.

I disagree with punishing players for leaving games. That seems like something that would make more sense for competitive leagues, not public lobbies. Sometimes people have to actually leave in the middle of a game regardless of Wi-Fi issues. Sometimes people dislike their lobby and "shop" for better ones. I completely disagree with this becoming a punishable offense.

On the other hand, if people are purposely leaving the game to ruin teams (party of 3 playing CW4 and leaving teams on 1 teammate), and doing so excessively, it may qualify as Gameplay Trolling which is a severity 1 offense that you can view here.

~Xion

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    freddey likes this.
  3. -1

Bad

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  4. I’m not going to talk too much about this issue because @Xion already covered a lot.

However, this idea is already implemented to an extent. Gems and shards are based a lot on time spent playing the game. This means that if someone leaves they are in effect receiving less rewards. Ultimately, I don’t see any reason to reduce the amount of gems received any more than it already is.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  5. I've really got to disagree with this suggestion. Even if somebody is leaving because they just don't feel like sticking around, there's no reason they should be punished for it. As @saltyfishhy said, there already is some form of punishment by the reduced amount of shard and gems earned depending on time spent in a game. Sometimes your teammate is going to quit. It's not the end of the world. Just try your best to play the game solo because more often than not, your teammate will stick around.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    Xion and saltyfishhy like this.
  6. Everyone above me has already covered it pretty well, but the one thing I will say is alot of the time when someone leaves a game, its bc something happened irl that they had to deal with, like something happened with there pet, or they didn't realize they had to be somewhere. Most of the time people dont leave mid game just because they don't feel like playing that game anymore, although sometimes that does happen.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  7. Hey!
    Yes, it can be frustrating if people leave right in the middle of a game. However, a punishment wouldn't be the best solution. People don't leave because they want to make their teammate mad. They leave for different reasons, such as having to go somewhere, their parents forcing them to do chores, etc. An example is that my parents don't allow me to play games, so whenever they come to my room (which is quite often), I have to close out MC. It wouldn't make sense to punish somebody based on something that they cannot control.
    Overall, -1 from me.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  8. Hey!
    I have seen this type of thread posted again and again and I'm going to be sticking with my same opinion which is no. I don't think a punishment needs to be added for multiple reasons. The main one is it's hard to tell if someone leaves on purpose or maybe their internet just stops working and they crash and therefore leave the game. I think if we implemented this this would hurt our players who might have high fps and crash often because then every time they crash, which makes them leave the game they would be punished for it which is very unfair. Another reason like people have stated above me is if they have to go somewhere. Sometime when I'm playing maybe a Cake Wars or SG game my parents call up to me saying we have to go somewhere and I have to leave the game. If this rule was implemented I would be punished for that which is also very unfair. I agree with you that seeing people leave before/during the game makes it less fun and it's annoying but in my opinion there is no logical fix to this issue and going on to punish them for leaving is a bad idea.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  9. Thread Moved to General Idea Discussion

A very similar idea has been denied here for when Area 51 Raid was a thing. I was the one to say no to this, so I'll explain my reasoning in this thread, too.

First up, there are many things that we need to account for before adding a penalty for leaving mid-game. A player could just have a really bad computer and/or really bad wifi and could simply just lag out/crash, and it is not fair to the player to add a penalty for something that isn't their fault when we really cannot tell the difference on our end. How would you feel if your wifi just stops working for a split second, but since you're kicked out of the game, you receiving a punishment? I am going to assume you'd say not good, as this is how basically everyone who takes in a false penalty would feel.

Secondly, as I said in the other tread, "life sometimes just happens." What I mean by this is that you cannot control everything that is going on. I gave examples like needing to leave for an emergency, but when you get back you cannot open that chest you've been saving up for since shards were taken out of your account; something happened whilst playing, but when you get back you cannot purchase that kit you've since you're also punished for this. In the end, it just isn't fair for us to be mean to players when we cannot be 100% sure why something happened.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 and °3° like this.
  10. Hello,

I don't think this should be implemented, it's happened to all of us and it does suck when your teammate leaves but that's just life. I don't believe there should be a punishment for leaving a game.

I don't think this should be implemented, -1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  11. This suggestion has been made before and received negative feedback. My opinion still stands that this isn't fair to players that have issues with their computers or internet. You can't always control whether you stay in the game or not. Yes, there are some circumstances where players leave the game purposefully for different reasons. However, there are too many other instances where players don't leave willingly and we have no way to know the difference. I know my computer sometimes just likes to turn itself off and it will force me out of the game for obvious reasons. There are plenty of players that don't have great internet connections as well that force them to leave games early because their internet went down. You technically already get shards and gems taken away because you don't receive those until the end of the game anyways. Any progress you have made towards gaining gems and shards is going to be lost (unless this was updated because I remember the suggestion to gain rewards instantly but not if it was implemented).

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    zHalo likes this.
  12. Although I can see where you are coming from, like said above, I don’t believe it needs to be implemented.
    Although it isn’t fair to the people in the game, I don’t think it would be fair to punish everyone who leaves during the middle of the game. People leave for a variety of reasons. Some of which, are beyond their control, such as lag. I don’t think it would be fair for Mineplex to punish people because they’re lagging in-game. It’s also a free community, people aren’t forced to finish games if they don’t want to.

Also, in some cases, I understand if people want to leave in the middle of the game. For example, if you’re in a game of cakewars and you’re cake’s already gone, and you’re one of two people left while all the other teams still have their cake, I don’t think it would be unreasonable for the remaining people on that team to leave in the middle of the game.

I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t believe it needs to be added.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  13. I play other games, so I'm gonna use one of those references.
    I play pixel gun 3d, and they have a leaving penalty. 5 0 t r o p h i e s . I honestly have wanted to quit for a while but you know I love the game SO MUCH that I keep playing!
    At this point (we sadly all know) mineplex is dying... and we need to keep it alive. But this change would drastically lower the player count.

Don't think it should be added. -1

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  14. Parties do this frequently and it kinda ruins the game. Gameplay trolling rules are pretty messed up from my expierence so I don't think they will be punished.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  15. Howdy!

If this were to be implemented, we could expect to see very negative feedback from the community. Here's why:

First off, players with bad connection/computers are put at a great disadvantage here. If their game were to crash and/or their computer has an issue, it wouldn't be fair to them to be punished for that.

Next, punishing players for leaving a public game should definitely not be a thing because public games are supposed to be laid-back where you can have fun and if you aren't feeling like the game is the right one for you, you can always leave without worrying about any punishments. Punishing players for leaving a game that is in progress is something that competitive leagues here on Mineplex do, as well as other videogames like Overwatch, but I just don't see it working in public lobbies.

Lastly, this being implemented would cause a lot more trolling to take place in my opinion. Players that don't necessarily care about getting punished for something like that could purposefully leave the game while they are party leader of a party, and all the other players would be punished as well if they aren't able to join back. Adding on to that, if someone was AFK in a party and that caused the whole party to be removed, that would have the same effect.

For these reasons I listed plus other reasons given by players above, I'll have to be giving this a -1. Have a good day!

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  16. Heyo!
    I don't agree with with this idea. people leave games commonly and taking away stuff for each time you leave a game isn't fair. Some peoples Mac/pc die or have to go or internet suddenly went down. Also what happens if someone doesn't have 500 shards or 100 gems? I would probably say a ban and banning someone for leaving a game is unfair. Also as @TILGORN // Tilg said it could cause party leaders to troll players by leaving mid-game
    Overall this should not be added due to these reasons -1

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  17. I disagree with this idea. Sometimes mid game during, say champions domination when your parent tells you to clean the dishes, feed a pet, or take out the garbage and you get AFK kicked while doing the chore. Other times, your WiFi might stop working so you get disconnected due to that. Believe me, it's not fun being the person whose teammate "quits" mid game, or the person who Gets disconnected

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  18. -1

I play mineplex everyday, and the biggest problem I face is lagging and my internet cutting out. Because of those 2 I often get kicked off mineplex for either anti-cheat, or my internet failing. If a punishment system for this is implented, I'd probably quit playing mineplex. Some people might care about their shards, or like me have reason for them. I'm part of a group called MTRT and I have to open several chests a month and collect data on it. Overall I think there's so many flaws with this idea, and its a -1 for me.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  19. I’m going have to disagree with your idea because it’s unfair to all the players who will be penalized for leaving too early. Mineplex mini games shouldn’t be a competitive game overall. All of the games are supposed to be casual and playable. Players who don’t have a good computer and an internet connection might have to leave early. If I have a poor internet connection, I have to disconnect.

This idea was suggested multiple times and it was denied before. With that being said I’ll have to mark this idea denied and lock this thread. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thread locked > Idea not planned

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    InfuiBoom, Gzen (away) and nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.