• 4161 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13864 Players Online
  • 9703 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Punish people abusing/spamming F3 + S

Discussion in 'Runner' started by BDIZZ, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Too many sweats abusing it to win the game.

Please do something about it.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Task and mab8400 like this.
  2. I'm not sure if people are aloud to spam this. If you can try to get a video of someone in the act of spamming F3 and S then try and get a recording of it and send it in! There's nothing staff can do without proof of the issue.

Have a good day!

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  3. It's unfortunate people are freezing their minecraft during runner, but there is not much we can do other than reporting them on the forums. You can get video evidence of the player and report them at www.mineplex.com/reports . Also, here is a guide on how to report someone properly with a guide on how to upload evidence. It is considered exploiting the game if someone is purposefully freezing their minecraft to get unfair advantage over others.

If staff can arrive to your lobby on time though, you could also join the com staff request by first requesting an invite through /com request StaffRequest , and hopefully a co leader or leader can accept your invite. Through there, you can then chat through /com chat StaffRequest and !<message> if you have a report just like the one you recently complained about. I personally find this easier for the community but you can use both methods.

Otherwise, hope I helped resolve your issue with people freezing their minecraft in runner. It should be considered punishable so don't hesitate to report if you see someone doing that.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Fall likes this.
  4. Actually, it isn't considered punishable at all to freeze your game. Unless you freeze your game and use a kit ability (like leap in Runner, Spleef or Dragons) that's punishable. It's the meta for most people (even high levels) who play Mixed Arcade and honestly it's disgusting, ruins multiple games. Not sure why freezing the game isn't punishable. You can sit frozen for as long as you like. Also, F3+S doesn't even freeze the game for that long, most people just play not in fullscreen and hold the window bar

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    SpitefulNick, Hulk_ and Wiz2K like this.
  5. I feel like freezing the game to get an advantage over others should NEVER be punishable if it is MINECRAFT related and Mineplex is just too ignorant/hired ignorant [ ignorant is not stupid it just means you don't know which has nothing to do with being smart in terms of using what you KNOW in dumb ways or in a dumb way] developers to account for this potential bug. I FEEL like this is more like hitboxes being used in Block Hunt and since EVERYONE with Minecraft can do this, it shouldn't be bannable, unless I am mistaken.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Party likes this.
  6. just because anyone can abuse a glitch doesnt make it fair. It's fairly obvious when it happens and most definitely should be punishable- it undermines the game, just like hacking, excessive game stalling or bug exploiting.

Posted Mar 24, 2020
    Task likes this.
  7. How do you account for this?

Posted Mar 24, 2020
  8. If someone freezes their client and then use abilities to get back up to the map that they fell off of this is grounds to be punishable. Other than that, it's not fair to punish for freezing as there are so many things that aren't intentional that cause freezing. For example, lag or a block glitch can all be factors affecting this!​

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  9. I got 2 people banned already, looks like people get punished for that

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2020
  10. Hey,

The problem with punishing for F3 + S is that there is no way to tell if someone is spamming it or not. The freezing could be caused by frame drops or ping. This is why we don't punish for it. As Oscar said, "there are so many things that aren't intentional that cause freezing", he's completely right and there are no ways to prove they were doing it intentionally or not sadly.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
    RealWand likes this.
  11. Ping/lag mid game, sure, happens, but not in a 1 v 1 and when they are about to fall into the Void

you can clearly tell when it's lagging or when you abuse it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2020

12. Like ESP, it's really hard to obtain concrete evidence that suggests the player is actually hacking or abusing something. That being said, I don't anticipate users will get punished for it ever if not often, and if they do I'd imagine it'd be by RC only.

Posted Mar 25, 2020
  13. Totally agree. You could think somebody is doing this "hack" but they could be lagging or glitching.

Posted Apr 3, 2020 at 5:18 AM
  14. GI have come up with a potential fix for this in our recent Runner update doc. I'll copy-paste the system from the document:

- Anti-lag and freeze system where you lose all hunger after not touching a block for 5 seconds
    - 0 hunger kills you
    - Touching a block fully replenishes hunger

While this could also harm people who are just simply lagging, I think that this is a really effective way of stopping people who maliciously freeze their game, and it would be impossible to create a system that doesn't also affect lagging players. And regardless, if you are lagging you're still getting an advantage (even though it's unintentional) so I don't think it's too unfair that it affects you too.

Posted Apr 3, 2020 at 10:49 AM
    Im_Ken, Klobby and Jaek like this.