• 504 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 504 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official [Public] Website Reporting Guide

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Oscaros_, Jun 4, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

=========================================

The Forums Team have noticed a bit of confusion in regards to how the Reporting feature works from both staff members and community members, so in this thread, we will be going over some important information about the Reports system on the XenForo website!

What this covers:

How to use the reporting feature.
    When and why to use the reporting feature.
    How it works on our end.

Any questions can be directed to a member of Forum Management Assistants or Forum Management team, happy posting!

[​IMG]

Reporting on the website is quite simple, we’ll outline it in a few steps below!

1. Click on the arrow that's to the bottom-right of all posts.

[​IMG]

2. Click on the 'Report' option.

[​IMG]

3. Once you’ve clicked on it, enter the reason. This would most likely be what you think should be done (ie. lock the thread, move the thread or warn the user) as well as why (General Rudeness, wrong forum category, a flamewar, etc…)

[​IMG]

Remember: it doesn’t have to be an accurate reason. The Forums team are trained in the rules and we will know what to apply! You will not be punished for making mistakes in reports/giving the wrong reasons.

Once this is submitted, you will receive a notification in your notification bell once your report has been handled letting you know of its status! More on this later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a few cases when you should report a post on the forums. Many people perceive the ‘Report’ option as being for people who break rules on the forums but this isn’t always the case. You should report a post/user for the following reasons:

A post/thread that violates the forum rules.
    A post/thread that violates the forum guidelines.
    Users/groups/content that is not appropriate for the forums.
    A thread that is in the incorrect forum section.
    A thread that needs to be locked/addressed.

Remember, there could be other things that aren’t on this list that you could report for! If you’re ever unsure, contact a Forums Staff member, they can be found here: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/forums-team-introduction-thread.103854/!

[​IMG]

When you report a user, our Forums Team are usually pretty quick to handling the report and checking it out. But some of you may be wondering what actually happens/what do we actually do with your reports. So this is what this section is about!

When you click submit on the report button, you create an active report on our reports queue, this looks a bit like this:

[​IMG]

We’ll then click on this to get a better look at the report and handle it, multiple users can report a post/piece of content multiple times! Please do not create spam reports or flood the system as this will result in punishments!

Next, it’s our job to handle the report. We will see a breakdown of reported content, a comment which shows who reported it, when and why as well as some options to handle the report.

[​IMG]

From this point, our Forums Team will discuss and look into what should be done in each report and once we’ve reached a conclusion we will close the report.

[​IMG]

There are a few different outcomes & ways in which we can handle reports, here are what each of the options mean:

• Assigned is when a forums staff member is handling your report - this may stay like this for a while. This won’t affect you. This is most often used so that two staff don't attempt to handle the same report.
    • Resolved essentially means ‘Approved’, it means the report was valid and appropriate action was taken on the suspect/content.
    • Rejected means there wasn’t enough instances/evidence to warrant punishment or there was no need for action in that case.

We’ll also add a reason for our closing of your report, examples could be Accepted for ‘General Rudeness Severity 1’ or Denied for ‘Not rude enough’. Once we’ve reached a verdict, the status will be changed and the report will be closed. You will receive a notification like this one:

[​IMG]

And that’s it - you’ve successfully reported a user and whatever needed to be done got done! Congratulations :) Once again, if you have any questions please ask a Forums Staff member and do not hesitate to leave opinions/feedback on this thread. Thanks!

Thread Author: Oscaros_

Proofreader: Hxmza

Posted Jun 4, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 13, 2020
  2. This is a really helpful thread and good job on it, but I've just got one complaint with it.

[​IMG]:angryyoda:

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  3. Thank you! And haha yes, when I was a Forum Ninja back in 2019 I got a message alert whenever I handled an appeal, I never read them so they all stacked up!!​

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2020
    godaroura, WowCaleb, Im_Ken and 4 others like this.
  4. Hey,

This was a very helpful thread. Thanks for going into detail about how to use it and giving us a better understanding on how it all works.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    godaroura, oCassi and Oscaros_ like this.
  5. great job, hopefully people will start reporting more stuff so that our lovely fm's can reach their quota :D

Posted Jun 4, 2020
  6. Hey!
    This is definitely a really nice and informative guide. I can see it being helpful to many new users, and it was really nice of you to make this! You did a great job with this, and it turned out very nicely. Like I said, this would definitely be helpful to new members who don’t know how to report a post, and it also gives some insight as to what us FMs and FNs are seeing- which is pretty cool! Overall, this is an awesome guide!​

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    godaroura and Oscaros_ like this.
  7. Woah! Although I already know how to report on the forums, I still found this guide to come in handy, and I’m positive that others will too. I honestly really enjoyed seeing what happens behind the scenes and how the forum team deals with each scenario. Thanks for taking the time to make this thread - I think that people will definitely have a better understanding of the reporting feature and when to use it.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  8. This is a really helpful guide! It’s really nice to have all the information condensed into one space, especially the details concerning when to report a thread. Thank you!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  9. No problem! Thank you for all of the nice words :)​

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 4, 2020
    itsellie, scarlet and xGetRekted like this.
  10. Good to see that there’s finally an official reporting guide for the website, I’m sure this’ll help a lot of players!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  11. Glad to see that you created the website report guide, Oscar! Keep up the great work! :D

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  12. I feel its sad that untill now i didnt know there was a report button on the forums, especially that i look at it everyday. This was very helpful and thank you for showing me something new and now i know how unintelligent i am with forums.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    scarlet likes this.
  13. Very nice guide! It is pretty handy to know more about the websites features. But Oscar, what the frick is your conversation inbox? It pains me to see that

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ and scarlet like this.
  14. Nice guide! Is it bad I didn't even know we could report on here? Haha. Seeing all the information and details of how it works is so helpful!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ and mat ㋡ like this.
  15. I would click all 1500 messages individually if it meant getting rid of all those notifications.

[​IMG]

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    1603, WowCaleb, mat ㋡ and 1 other person like this.
  16. Hey,

I love this thread, it's really educational and gives people a better understanding of the behind the scenes work. As a previous FM, it was really cool getting a basic understanding of a side of FM that I never experienced. I think a good amount of users may not know that the report option even exists in the first place on the forums, so this guide helps them a lot there, and also brings more awareness to it.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  17. Awesome thread! I don’t think a lot of players were aware of this feature and I hope to see people make good use of it. :)

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  18. Since I was promoted to Forum Moderator I always thought there could be some more awareness surrounding the reporting feature on the website. There are hundreds of users accessing our Forums every day, engaging in various discussions and sharing their opinions. Things can sometimes get heated if someone attempts to start a flame war, a user might have inappropriate content in their signature, or perhaps a thread will just be posted in the wrong section. We may not always catch these things, and with many users' newly found understanding of the reporting feature, you can help us with this. You would be surprised at how many people do not notice the little arrow and 'Report' option in the bottom right-hand corner of another user's post!

The most important thing everyone should take away from this guide is that anyone can use the feature, and it does not matter if you get something wrong. If you are unsure whether a post is borderline General Rudeness or not, it is always better to report it just in case. Nothing will befall you if you are mistaken, as it is our job as members of the Forums team to sift through the reports and decide for you. It only takes a few seconds out of your day and you are helping to clean up the Forums too, so there is no reason why not. I also like how the guide shows all of our community members what we see on our end, and how we process them.

I only suggested this idea a few days ago, and Oscar and Hxmza and the rest of the Documents Team have already delivered the final product. It is a detailed document which I am sure will help many of you. Do not worry, we are not going to complain about the additional reports to process. On the contrary, it's something we have been looking out for. Oscar, clear those messages, and thank you for posting this informative guide. :'D

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    scarlet and Oscaros_ like this.
  19. This whole post was a way of Oscaros flexing all his private messages.

But for real, this is an incredibly useful thread! Awesome job Oscaros!

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.
  20. Very informative, thank you for this Guide, new players and old are sure to find this useful.

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Oscaros_ likes this.