• 1098 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3677 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Proof for Ban Waves

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by _Prof_, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Most players have been falsely banned by GWEN before. No anti-cheat is far from perfect so there may actually be some instances where the code catches legit players and QA thinks the ban is correct. This is very fuming to wait out, knowing you did not cheat yet still got penalized. Ban waves are harder to provide proof for from your end because they do not punish on the spot. Although I am no anti-cheat developer, I do not know in what time from does the waves finally execute the ban but logically, it should not be more than a week. With that in mind, there is a method to gather evidence for false bans in the form of a wave.

Always record while playing. I recommend using a software that does not take up a lot of space. Nvidia GeForce would not be a very good option because an hour of footage is already a few gigabytes in space. You have to be forced to delete some recordings, leaving room for false bans to thwart you of your entertainment. The next step might be tedious but it is to display progress through your level every time you log on and before logging off. This makes the appeal process easier for forum ninjas so that they do not have to do the math of experience gained through online time and games.

I cannot guarantee this can work but I hope it helps!

EDIT: Only use this method if the GWEN metadata determines that you were cheating.

Posted Dec 7, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 7, 2019
  2. Also, if you see any flying semi-invisble players that move faster than humanly possible that only hover above your head, don't hit them. They are the GWEN entries as far as I know, so when you hit them GWEN thinks you're hacking.

Also, about the original comment, imagine being a Forum Ninja. One day, GWEN bans someone, and that someone appeals with a week's worth of footage, without timestamps because there are no specific times the person who was banned should link to. Additionally, it is very hard for you to check if they haven't just edited out the sections of footage where they did hack.

For those reasons ^^, I'm not fully sure how recording 24/7 will help, so feel free to explain :D

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  3. Forum ninjas can fast forward through the videos at double speed if it becomes tedious. Time stamps are not really necessary because they the last few moments are where the player gets banned. They would not be on the server to produce more footage. Checking for video edits is very doable. If the video fast-forwards for whatever reason, that means some parts are cut out, thus being invalid evidence. Another method to check for cropped evidence is doing the math of adding the experience gained from games and online time. If they do not add up between /stats checks, that means the video was edited.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 7, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  4. From an Ex-FN standpoint here, I can definitely comment on some of the things about this thread and mainly how things happen on Mineplex when it comes to AntiCheat appeals.

When you make an appeal with an active GWEN ban your appeal gets escalated no matter what, regardless of whether the Forum Ninja saw it or not, you will be sent through QA. When you get to QA, you have no part to play in providing evidence. Even if it's an anticheat this will all be proven by the MetaData associated with your ban, which QA can look up in a click of a finger.

They do this with the Ban Token ID - this is done and then immediately re-assigned for a forum ninja to reject or accept the appeal based on what QA find. As with any evidence case, if you are banned by the AntiCheat, a Trainee, off an SR or from a Sev1/2 ban you are guaranteed to have evidence given for you by the staff team.

I hope this cleared up a few things about the thread and where we collect evidence.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  5. Yo!
    As someone who was both a Forum Ninja and a Quality Assurance member (meaning I handled both types of appeals) I can say that if you are banned by GWEN it does not matter if you include evidence or not. QA base their decision off of the metadata of the punishment, if you aren't familiar with metadata it's basically information that is sent to our anticheat that decides if you are cheating or not. QA are trained very thoroughly on how to look into metadata so that way each GWEN ban can be viewed properly. Also, banwaves happen a lot - there's not a real reason to making this information public.. just know they are very common. I would also like to mention that QA appeals usually don't take a long time, but if you are waiting for more than a week feel free to contact rosmeme since she is the QA Manager.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    clashvalley likes this.
  6. I for one, as a normal average player, am disappointed in the double reliance of GWEN to determine both bans and ban appeals. It'll take a bit more thorough explaining since I'm sure someone has the "you're not staff you don't know how this works" loaded up somewhere.

GWEN isn't a reliable anticheat, but yet somehow player evidence has 0 determining factor on your ban appeals? That's a joke right. The same AC that brought you the months-long Frozen NPC bug, lag based bans, recent rampant Clans bans, and the New Years Gwen Unb- I mean, Forgiveness, long development haitus, and somehow the QA team is still 100% relying on the metadata she provides to determine appeals? I'm not saying throw out your metadata altogether and 100% trust the player, but completely ignoring player provided evidence is wrong and should change. Your anticheat, wave bans, and metadata isn't always right.

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    Mitchy, Mr_Ant87, ClassN and 3 others like this.
  7. Metadata can also easily be screwed up dependent on what client and version of Minecraft you are on ^^

Posted Dec 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. I think that there needs to be some type of way for staff or the anticheat to provide evidence if you are banned, no matter what. It would be a lot of information to hold and a lot of work though. I am not sure how it would turn out.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  9. We do provide evidence. If you are banned by Gwen, then your Gwen logs will be used as evidence. If you were punished by a staff member, then evidence will be given by that staff member unless it is a severity 3 punishment. There is no need for evidence for pretty much all severity 3 punishments as they are all pretty blatant.
    For the people that were banned by the recent Gwen issue on clans, all they had to do was PM a QA member and they would be unbanned if it was false. Sure, there can be false bans, but QA can look at meta data of the punishment and decide whether it’s false or not. If you think that a QA member made a false decision about a Gwen punishment then you can always message rosmeme as she is very skilled at looking at the metadata that Gwen provides.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    Im_Ken and _Prof_ like this.
  10. Most other servers have the proof uploaded into the ban message as either a video or images from a report, staff, or the Anticheat. But with Mineplex I have never seen a ban / mute proof ever posted for any severity. Most servers do it right, select few do it wrong :gwen:. It is very easy to find an Anticheat that is way better than Gwen / AAC but for unknown reasons choose not to explore other options. Big servers use Anticheats that are mainly built off of bad, easily bypassable, Anticheats like NCP, AAC, DAC, TAKA, AntiAura, etc instead of going more newer actively adding more checks, fixing bypasses, etc instead of just only bug fixing and tweaking checks.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  11. Just got banned from Mineplex, "GWEN" wasn't hacking but somehow got banned, other kid was hacking but never banned her. PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY!

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  12. @BloodySwitch feel free to contact a member of staff via DM or Discord, or submit an appeal here, but also make sure to read the appeals guide here.

In the future, when you have issues like this, create a new thread, or contact a member of staff in private.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    _Prof_ and Slipest like this.
  13. When we talk about proof being provided, we mean the staff member who punished you providing proof to whoever is processing your appeal that the punishment was sufficient. If the staff member can't provide proof and there is no evidence that you were hacking for punishments that require proof, you will be unbanned.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  14. it's called "bad anticheat"

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  15. Same thing just happened to me. TERRIBLE anticheat

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  16. Most likely hit the anti cheat entity

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  17. They don't know what happened when you were banned. The only evidence they have to go on is the GWEN report she gave when she banned you. Saying that you weren't hacking isn't enough to get you banned, obviously, so the only other source they can use to decide whether to unban you or not is the GWEN report - I'm assuming you don't have any proof that proves you weren't hacking. And I don't believe you were hacking, but that's because I trust you. Trust doesn't make you immune to bans.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  18. Apparently going on lunar with AC on isnt enough... lmfao

Posted Dec 9, 2019
  19. You guys can appeal here. Your first resort of action should be to include the ban token in your appeal. If that does not work, use the method I discussed above in the OP if you happen to have recorded every bit of experience gain with /stats checks. In the unfortunate event of neither of those worked, I am sorry. This happens to some of others too, just remember for next time.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 9, 2019
  20. I have never been banned but I can say something: I have been kicked for "suspicious activity" twice (once less than a month ago and the other a while back this year) for some reason. I know the recent one happened in an MPS of mine where I got stuck in 2 anvils (I was in 1.14.4 OptiFine. Also, that was a REALLY bad parkour jump in Alien Invasion) and held W. Shortly after, I got kicked. (I did hear the Guardian explosion sound briefly)

Posted Dec 20, 2019