• 2047 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6424 Players Online
  • 4377 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Problems with the GWEN anticheat. GWEN bans thousands of players every day

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by TalkToTransformer, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Problems with the GWEN anticheat. GWEN bans thousands of players every day with low skill. A massive spy network just has to decide to wear one of GWEN's radar hats to be instantly banned for 2 weeks. I am sure there are more complicated things that GWEN does but that is the basics of how it operates. GWEN is also in the process of banning people like me who used The AntiCheat. This **** is getting ridiculous. You would think they would try to get rid of noscope and GWEN in the same patch since they both share the same

Posted Nov 21, 2019
    Eroil likes this.
  2. Hello there.

I agree with this. GWEN can sometimes false ban due to lag or glitches. This has been a problem for sometime now, and Mineplex is currently looking for more developers, one of the reasons being to fix GWEN. I am not sure when this would be fixed, but I assume they are currently working on it, for this topic has been brought up many times before. Please feel free to message me for further questions or concerns.

Posted Nov 21, 2019
  3. If I'm understanding your post correctly, you seem to have problems with our anti-cheat, GWEN. There are many flaws with the system and it could definitely use some updates to accurately detect hackers. However, Mineplex is in a lack of developers and there is no one solely focusing on improving GWEN at the moment. I'm almost certain that the development team is aware of GWEN and its issues, but there is hardly anything that the team can do to drastically improve the anti-cheat when there are so many other areas of the server that need updates. Many players, myself included, understand your frustration, but likely the most efficient solution would be to hire a dedicated and experienced anti-cheat developer to fix many of the anti-cheat's issues.

As this is a topic that has been brought up time and time again, I will be locking this thread because there is no need for further discussion - it has been thoroughly established as can be seen here. Additionally, I would like to point out that criticizing Mineplex's features without suggesting any possible solutions that are not along the lines of "get a better anti-cheat" does not positively contribute to the server. Please feel free to message me if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thread Locked - Thread contains topic that has been discussed repeatedly

Posted Nov 21, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.