• 369 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5581 Players Online
  • 5212 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Problem with new Nano Games

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by bearda, Nov 14, 2020.

?

Do you agree with the ability to no longer having the ability to join in game with nano games?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Recently Mineplex patched Nano Games with that took away the ability to join in game for many games such as hard core parkour, snow ball fight, gladiators, ect. I have a huge problem with this change. The charm of nano games to me is you could join basically any lobby and be able to play instantly, no waiting for more players or the game. Taking away that takes away the charm of Nano games I'm not sure the reason why Mineplex did this change and I would really wish they would revert it back to get that charm back

Posted Nov 14, 2020
  2. Many of the games you were not able to join in the middle of, and your chances of winning that game if you're not there at the start are quite low. Additionally, probably the reason it was removed is because it could cause some invisibility glitches. If someone joined in the middle of a game, under some circumstances no other players would be able to see them which is obviously unfair. To solve that problem, mid-game joining was just disabled and to be honest I don't really see the issue of it. I don't see how not being able to join some of the minigames in the middle (with far reduced chances of winning) has anything to do with the "charm of the game, so I don't see a need for a change here.

Posted Nov 14, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. Thank you for the clarification on the circumstances regarding the change of game play. I think some games such as quick or sploor you should still be able to join in the middle of the game due to the fact these games are a bit longer and are games you can possibly win (mainly sploor) if you join later

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 14, 2020
  4. Yeah I can see your concern, but there's dozens of games you can't join in the middle, and only a few that were even viable to win if you joined in the middle, so I don't really see this as an issue that needs to be solved. If you're only able to think of two games that this is really a loss for, I think that's a completely reasonable loss in order to remove the invisibility bug.

Posted Nov 14, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  5. Makes sense, thank you

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 15, 2020
  6. While there are a few select players who actually care about win loss ratios in NANO games the majority of players just want to be play fast action-packed games as that is what NANO is all about. The ability to join during a game further backed this up and taking away that feature makes it annoying for players to wait a couple of minutes when they could've been playing.

It's not a loss for 2 games, more like 50% of the games. You can look at the NANO game menu to see which games allow for players to join. But I'll list them out for you right now: Chicken Shoot, Copy Cat, Dropper, Slimeball, Snowball trouble, Sploor. Rather than removing a perfectly fine feature, they should patch the bug (if the invisibility bug is actually caused by players joining mid-game).

Perhaps if it is too radical to revert the change, if players want to go to a NANO game they can choose whether to spectate it or join during the game similar to what I proposed here.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    bearda and Young_Inventor like this.
  7. Hey, to be honest, I'd like to see mid-game joining re-added if there's another way to fix the invisibility glitch - this was the reason why mid-game joining was originally disabled. This change detracts from the unique style of NANO imo, where players wouldn't have to worry about waiting a few minutes for a game. Even if players joined late and didn't have the invisibility glitch, mostly they wouldn't really worry about not being able to win but rather just having fun playing quick games. It would be nice to see mid-game joining brought back as a result. I loved being able to leave when a game that I didn't enjoy as much came up then being able to join another lobby mid-game, although now players would have to just wait in their current lobby until the next game if they don't want to play it. Reverting the change would allow NANO players more freedom to choose between which games they want to play.

Posted Nov 15, 2020
    Ryan9116, Bms, bearda and 2 others like this.