• 363 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3123 Players Online
  • 2760 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Prevent cleaning in Skywars

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SylomerIsTaken, Sep 18, 2020.

?

Agree or not?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  3. Kind of (please explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. We all experienced this: You just killed somebody, and you're low on health. All of a sudden, somebody runs towards you and finishes you off, making you lose that game.
    I have experienced this a lot more recently, and I wanted to make this thread so this could get resolved.
    Now I'm not making this thread because I'm "really bad at Minecraft, and I should get better at it", it's because even if you have the skill, the gear, you can still easily get cleaned. (and there has been times where more than 1 person tries to clean me, I don't think that many people can handle a 2v1 while they're low)
    What I think should be added is that when you kill somebody, you can get effects like regeneration, or damage resistance. This could give people at least a better chance of not getting cleaned.

I hope people would agree to this, as getting cleaned is annoying.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  2. Hey!

I have to disagree with this. I know cleaning can be frustrating, but cleaning is a strategy in PvP and even if Mineplex granted a player regeneration or damage resistance, this wouldn't prevent cleaning. It'll still happen. Another reason why I doubt this'll be changed is because "cleaning" doesn't qualify as an Unfair Advantage. While it does grant the cleaning player an advantage, it isn't unfair since it requires thinking, adapting, and implementing you're own strategy. Any strategy that you can formulate on your own legitimately, in my opinion, isn't unfair.

However, if you feel like you wanna continue this discussion, then by all means, we can continue talking.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  3. maybe it's a strat for you idk i prefer to just win 1v1s most of the time. for this idea, i'm not against it, as it's implemented on other servers and i don't see the harm in trying to add regen 2 for a few seconds after you get a kill to prevent cleaning and make the game play more fun. could also be something that you upgrade over time to replace kit levels that used to be in the game before the update.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  4. Hello!
    Unfortunately, I don’t see this working out or being added anytime soon. In my opinion, the act of “cleaning” is just a part of playing any pvp game in general. I get that it may be frustrating, but getting buffs after killing a player is a very unfair advantage. Let’s say I just killed a player and am granted regeneration 2. When another player goes to attack me, I would have the advantage because I have a buff. This could also become even more unfair if a player has full hearts after fighting an opponent, but gets a buff anyway. Cleaning is strategic, and takes some skill to pull if properly. Adding buffs in general would change how people perceive pvp. Instead of an “action-packed” game, pvp starts to take the shape of having multiple 1v1 fights instead of multiple people jumping in to fight each other. Overall, I’d have to give a -1. In my opinion, adding something that prevents cleaning will won’t work out, and will lead to a potentially catastrophic unbalanced clutter of players trying to kill each other.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  5. Getting cleaned isn't fun but there's a certain strategy to taking fights when there's a possibility of getting cleaned, this would essentially remove that. Instead of taking smart fights to ensure you don't get cleaned it turns into a DM fest where you just run in and kill the first person you see with little repercussion.

Cleaning is definitely still prominent but with v3 you get enough pearls at mid that even when someone does try to clean you you're able to pearl away/up and heal, so I don't think it's significant enough to warrant changes like these.

Overall, I don't think it's as big of an issue as you think it is, especially not compared to other games like SG; all you can do there is run, in SW you have some options with pearls to get yourself out of situations like that. If anything anti-clean related were to be added I would say giving a soup on kill would be as far as it should go, giving regen and/or damage resistance is too far imo.

Posted Sep 18, 2020
  6. It bothers me when I get cleaned immediately after a fight, but that's part of Skywars and essentially any game that involves PvP. It's a tactic that people use, and as much as I'm personally against doing it to someone, I disagree with taking measures to prevent it as it is a legitimate tactic despite how annoying it is. Sometimes there is no way out of being cleaned up after a fight, but in many cases, you can rod the player away and pearl out of the situation or escape by other means. Avoiding being cleaned up takes skill, and fighting a stacked player who can get you low is a risk you take when going to the middle island or engaging in combat with them.

Typically when you kill someone, especially if they're able to get you so low that you're able to be cleaned in one hit, you'll get items from them that give you an advantage if you're able to escape before you're cleaned, whether that's pearls, mushroom stews, better gear/sword, etc., and adding a regeneration buff to that would make that player extremely overpowered. The experienced players who are already extremely skilled at the game would become nearly impossible to kill with the added buffs, and it would be even harder for a newer, less experienced player to win the game as their only real shot of winning would be if the player falls into the void.

Skywars is also much more balanced now so that everyone essentially has an equal chance starting off as all of the abilities that were previously in kits are now items in chests that anyone in the game can obtain, and the chests become better as you get close to the middle. Anyone can choose to play the game however they want, but they take the risk when they decide to go to the middle island in hopes for better loot. Someone could remain on the outer islands and greatly reduce their risk of fighting someone and being cleaned up directly afterwards, but they would not have as much good loot. Who, when, and where you fight is all part of the risk one takes in Skywars, and we shouldn't do anything to alter that gameplay.

Posted Sep 20, 2020